More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:50:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Progress on Cleaning out Wardrobes/Dressers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Progress on Cleaning out Wardrobes/Dressers  (Read 4653 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Progress on Cleaning out Wardrobes/Dressers
« on: 2006 June 06, 20:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, just wondering if anyone is or anyone knows who might be working on this particular problem of not being able to clean out unwanted clothing in individual Sims Dressers?

Or maybe a possible work around?

In the past, when moving a sim to a  new lot, all the clothing you purchased would be cleaned out completely except what the sim was wearing.  Since OFB this doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Any suggestions would be great!

thank you
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Progress on Cleaning out Wardrobes/Dressers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 07, 14:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that if you merge the sim into someone else's household, the clothes will be gone. All I saw in the dresser were the clothes of the orginal occupant.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 07, 19:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you bring a sim back from uni, they only have the clothes on thier back, so to speak, so maybe the same applies if a sim crosses from one hood to another.

Even with the base game, if you had a dresser in the house, your sim would take all its clothing to a new (ie unoccupied) house, but if there was no dresser, then you would lose the clothes. 

I'm just wondering, though...when I build a new house, I tend to put in all the things like the FFSdebugger before moving my family in, and quite often I also include the clothing tool, even though I haven't got them a dresser yet.

Beware also, the custom object in the dining room, which is not a sideboard (since sideboards don't exist in the game) but is a dresser.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 07, 22:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presence or lack thereof of a dresser does not affect the hauling of clothes. However, if the family is "split off", for instance, if someone is moved out, the "new" family loses all of the clothes except those worn by those who moved out. This is similarly why Uni graduates only keep the clothes on their back: Moving out from Uni is a split-off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 07, 23:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is there any way of easily removing clothes from a sim's wardrobe using, say, SimPE?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 07, 23:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 08, 11:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would happen if you moved out half the family to a new house, they arrive with the clothes on their backs, then invite the rest to move in?  would the rest bring the family clothing collection with them or not? 

I had a further thought.  How about if you move your family out, (after making sure there's about 50 grand in the kitty) minus one teenager who's ready to go to college.  When they've gone, teen sends them the 50 grand, then teen phones up, taxi comes, teen goes off in taxi, house now vacant.  (At one time still completely furnished, but I don't know about now, since OFB.)  Family now buys back house. 
« Last Edit: 2006 June 08, 19:48:16 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 08, 20:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of.

I was afraid of that!  Cry
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 08, 21:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a further thought.  How about if you move your family out, (after making sure there's about 50 grand in the kitty) minus one teenager who's ready to go to college.  When they've gone, teen sends them the 50 grand, then teen phones up, taxi comes, teen goes off in taxi, house now vacant.  (At one time still completely furnished, but I don't know about now, since OFB.)  Family now buys back house. 

Normally, even in OFB, the last person out of the house gets the value of the house and its contents.  The house would then be completely empty -- only outside plants remain behind.  And its price would of course be much cheaper.  So the family may have the money to buy it back, but not refill it with its former contents if one member 'absconded' with the value of the house and contents.

But I think in the case of the last one out being a teen on the way to college, the kid only gets the scholarship money he/she qualifies for, and the value of the house and contents is lost.  I vaguely remember this happening the first time I played the Spector house in Strangeville a while back -- after the old lady died, Ophelia left for college, and when she got there she had only the scholarship money she earned.  When I rebuilt Strangeville to play it again, I had her 'embezzle' the funds with Monique's computer and then leave.  And when the old lady died, the money went into the ether...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 08, 22:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I do remember one family where both the father and the uncle moved out to get married, the teen boy was left, and when he went to college, the house contents remained.  When he returned from college it was too expensive, but I put him on an empty lot, graduated his fiancee and put her on the lot too, and together they were able to buy the house - but between them they could actually afford something better, so I didn't actually move them there.

But it was a suggestion that this might be a way of getting rid of all those old clothes in the wardrobe!  (And once the teen had gone to college, they might want a smaller house anyway.)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 09, 01:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I never looked into that -- interesting that the contents remain when the teen goes to college. Makes sense in a way, I guess, since that's not really a permanent move-out, and you don't want the teens selling the house out from under the remaining family members when they head off to school. Smiley So it was probably easier to program the game so it left stuff behind when teens leave, rather than having to do some logic testing to see if there are other residents still on the lot or not.

But OTOH, it does make the empty house really expensive, as you pointed out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 09, 05:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know if that's still the case, as I said this was in a Uni only game.  And once he's gone to college, he couldn't move back in as if it was still the family home (which was what I was trying to find out at the time), which doesn't make sense really.  In fact, the whole uni scenario in RL terms just doesn't make sense!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: