More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Saving a Neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saving a Neighborhood  (Read 4025 times)
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Saving a Neighborhood
« on: 2006 May 30, 18:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I searched but couldn't find what I need to know .So shoot me if it's already been discussed or is a really stupid question.

I made this really neat New neighborhood (was inspired by JadeElliots Isle of Thyme post) and I set it all up and moved in my Sims.I have been playing it all week and I really like the layout of this small Hood,so I decided I wanted to save it to use again sometime but I don't want to have to decorate and build the town again. My question is how can I package it with out the Playable Sims and townies and still keep the one in my game intact? What steps would I have to do to insure that both the one in my game stays as is and the new one be a clean neighborhood with the decorations and buildings for future use. Sorry if this isn't to clear.
 Oh and I don't have  a Downtown,Uni or Shopping district attached.It's just the base hood.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Saving a Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 30, 18:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you copy the neighbourhoods folder?  Would that work?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 30, 18:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought of that but then I would have all the Sims in that one too.I would then have to do the Dac everytime I wanted to use it. Hmm unless I did it that way once then saved the new one.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 30, 19:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way (that I know of) is to just copy the hood, do a DeleteAllCharacters, then back it up. The put your original hood back.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 30, 21:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just do DeleteAllCharacters, you will be left with dangling Wants/Fears, DNA, and Relations, which can cause problems.

After DeleteAllCharacters, open the N00#_Neighborhood.package file in SimPE. Choose Sim Descriptions and delete all the Unknowns that will be there. Next, choose Sim Relations and delete all the entries with Unknown in them (like Unknown towards Unknown or Therapist towards Unknown).

Open Sim Descriptions agains and make note of the Instance number of any sims that are left (Pollination Technician, etc) and write these down. Next, choose Sim Wants and Fears and delete all the entries EXCEPT the ones with the Instance numbers you wrote down. Finally, choose Sim DNA and delete all the entries except the ones with the Instance numbers you wrote down. Not all the instance numbers will actually be there, since not all those sims actually have them.

Fail.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 30, 21:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks SaraMK I have copied your instructions to note pad and will do this. I am so happy that I can now save this hood for use over again Smiley
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 08:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i havent been able to use simpe since they came up with the new easy interface..   and i cant find the instructions to turn the easy interface back to the one i used originally.  does anyone know off hand?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 09:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original classic interface is no more.  They have a new classic interface that is OK, but then I haven't been a SimPE user very long.

Go to Start/Programs/SimPE/Theme/Classic Look.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 01, 19:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh thanks, i'll give that a try!   too bad they dont have a unix interface...

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 03, 18:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i havent been able to use simpe since they came up with the new easy interface..   and i cant find the instructions to turn the easy interface back to the one i used originally.  does anyone know off hand?

I'm getting used to the new interface, but I still can't figure out how the heck you're supposed to change a GUID in it.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 03, 18:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new interface is so intolerably awful and nonfunctional that I still hold out in Ye Olde SimPE as a result, and plan to quit once Ye Olde SimPE ceases to function unless a replacement is available. It's just not usable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: