More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:40:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can someone tell me what is screwed? (Update)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can someone tell me what is screwed? (Update)  (Read 6376 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Can someone tell me what is screwed? (Update)
« on: 2006 May 22, 08:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added a boat load of CC today and it has caused problems. I zipped a copy of the Log Error for those more awesome than I to decipher. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 May 22, 21:51:34 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me what is screwed?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 22, 11:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not much help at reading these things, but I've had similar problems with no CC in the game, so it may not be a consequence of adding new CC, just coincidental.  What I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, is to run Clean Installer to check your entire Downloads folder in case you have multiple copies of a mesh, or something downloaded from one site appearing in a set from another, as some creators do upload things more than once, and unless you have a totally unsubfoldered Downloads folder, you do need to run an occasional check for duplicates.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 22, 12:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with a sub-foldered Downloads folder, it doesnt hurt to run a complete recursive dup check every so often.  I usually find at least one stray mesh that's duped due to being packaged with something else.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 22, 18:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I will do just that. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 22, 18:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the work of an outdated or non-awesome hack. Make sure all of your hacks are Awesome and of the correct version for your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 22, 19:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the work of an outdated or non-awesome hack. Make sure all of your hacks are Awesome and of the correct version for your game.

Or a corrupted recolor. I always put on my sims two kinds of custom blush, placed in the beginning of the panel. Never my game crashes after it.

Yesterday, I decided to put another custom blush, placed in the middle of the panel, and my game crashed. When I put my usual blushes - nothing happened.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 22, 19:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe you have the blush twice, again worth checking - if it's just a faulty blush, I'd remove it!  I had to do that with a whole set of eyes once, back in the early days - they'd been based on a skill token or something like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 22, 20:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well shoot. I removed everything that I added yesterday and I am still getting Invalid constant and Motive number out of range or not an acceptable value. Undecided

Back to the drawing board....

ETA: Ok, I put everything else back in and removed my updated version of the Director's cut. Problem solved. I wish I had not deleted my older version. I will put back everything from the MATY zip dated before May and I should be ok.

Nice to know I didn't "break it" after all; but sorry it had to be the Director's Cut that did. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2006 May 22, 23:36:35 by MsMaria » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me what is screwed? (Update)
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 23, 01:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt if it was the whole thing, maybe just one hack in there that you didn't need, or that conflicted with something else you have.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 23, 01:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. I'm in the process now of adding individual mods back into the game.

ETA: After adding/removing mods in the DC and getting nowhere, I deleted the folder and replaced it with a new MATY.zip. Everything's fine now.  Cheesy

Clearly a case of "MsMaria Sucks". Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 May 23, 02:44:11 by MsMaria » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 23, 03:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Ok, I put everything else back in and removed my updated version of the Director's cut. Problem solved. I wish I had not deleted my older version. I will put back everything from the MATY zip dated before May and I should be ok.

Nice to know I didn't "break it" after all; but sorry it had to be the Director's Cut that did. Embarrassed
Did you update it for the wrong game edition? Check to make sure you're using the right version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 23, 03:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the OFB version, which is what I am playing. For some reason deleting it and replacing it made everything ok. Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 23, 11:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the OFB version, which is what I am playing. For some reason deleting it and replacing it made everything ok. Undecided
I think you just suck. Anyway, issue resolved.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: