More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:45:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Error: missing neighbor data
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error: missing neighbor data  (Read 4303 times)
vermilienne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Error: missing neighbor data
« on: 2006 May 16, 04:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did something really, really bad.  I'm new to SimPE, and am just starting to figure out how things work.  I went into it yesterday and while I had the Sim Description list open, I noticed that a few old Sims that I'd already deleted from the family bin were still listed... so I got rid of them.  I now know from posting about this on the LJ community that this was a very stupid thing to do, and I'm begging forgiveness from the Sim gods for it.

The next time I loaded my game and went into my legacy family's lot, everything ran smoothly for about five minutes or so.  Sims were moving about and performing actions just fine.  Then all of a sudden an error message popped up.  It was an error on Cheryl, and the reason was "missing neighbor data."  (Clicking Cancel or Reset didn't work; only Delete did.)  After a minute of confusion I realized what must have happened: one of the Sims I deleted from SimPE had been an acquaintance of hers.

I exited the game without saving and started looking online for possible solutions.  A few people on the LJ community suggested I use SimPE to delete Cheryl's relationship with the deleted Sim as well as any memories pertaining to him.  He didn't show up in her relationship panel, but I did go through all of her memories and got rid of every mention of him.  I did the same for all the Sims I remember being acquainted with him (including other members of my legacy family, some of which no longer live in the same lot as Cheryl).

I loaded up the game again, and I got the same error message, only this time almost immediately instead of five minutes into play.

Now, I'm not entirely certain that no townies/NPCs had any memories of him, since it'd take hours and hours to go through the memories of each and every one.  But let's say one or two did have memories of him--would this create an error on Cheryl?  I'm going to jot down all of Cheryl's acquaintances and everyone ever mentioned in her memories and check each of them for a mention of the deleted Sim in question, and check them for mentions of the deleted Sim.

But other than that... can anyone suggest a solution?  Is there any program or hack that will allow me to delete all traces of this Sim without manually going through each and every of the 600+ Sim files in this neighborhood?  I'm also wondering if it'd be possible to somehow get rid of Cheryl (ie. kill her), and replace her with a clone (which I would fix to have the same relationships and memories as the original did).  The error message in game doesn't give me enough time to kill her there, but is it possible to do in SimPE?  I don't want to mess around with what I don't know anymore, so that's why I'm asking here instead of experimenting on my own.  Or, if I move the entire family to a different neighborhood, would that help?

Other minor facts in case they're relevant.  The deleted Sim in question had never been on the legacy family's current lot--I recently moved them into it.  I didn't backup my files prior to the Sim deletion spree, but I do have them backed up now (though with this bug in them, I don't know how worthwhile that'll be).  The only EP I have is Nightlife.

PLEASE HELP!  (And my apologies for the lengthy post.)
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Error: missing neighbor data
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 16, 05:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you only have the Nightlife Expansion you might want to read this it may help

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2590.0
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 16, 08:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, most of the functionality of Theo's plugin has been incorporated into the newest version of SimPE (v.58), which works for NL as well as OFB.
vermilienne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 16, 17:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay... I went through all of Cheryl's acquaintances and people-she's-ever-met-EVER and deleted all of their memories of the deleted Sim.  Started up the game, she went through one action, then the error popped up again.

I've just nuked her memories (and re-inputed them, and her family's memories of her) and the memories of other Sims that might have had anything to do with the error.  Am about to start up the game and check, but I have my doubts this'll work.

Now, earlier I did try killing her with boolProp, and the action went through fine without being interrupted by the error message.  After she died, I played the rest of the family for about five minutes and no errors came up.  So it seems that with Cheryl gone from the world, all is good.

SO.  IF nuking the memories didn't work, here's what I'm thinking.  I can kill Cheryl in-game, then nuke her family's memories of her and delete their relationships with her in SimPE.  Then I'll create a whole new Cheryl, move her into the household, and in SimPE give her and the family all of the necessary memories (getting married, having the kids, etc) and adjust their relationships accordingly.  Theoretically, the family won't remember Old Cheryl at all and will think New Cheryl was with them the entire time.  Does anyone know of any problems this might cause, or does it sound safe?
vermilienne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 16, 18:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind--nuking the memories worked.  I've been playing the family for 15-20 minutes now, and no errors!  Hooray!  Thanks guys!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 16, 19:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: