More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 16:14:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Kick me in the head. Seriously.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kick me in the head. Seriously.  (Read 3342 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Kick me in the head. Seriously.
« on: 2006 May 07, 23:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, since I've obtained University and Nightlife, I've been on a quest to find out which hacks I need and which hacks are now obsolete, as of the latest Nightlife patch.  The one problem I'm having is that there are SO many hacks here at MATY, for so many versions of the game, that I'm becoming more and more confused as I search.  I thought I'd be ok by just downloading the hacks featured in the moreawesomethanyou-nl.zip (as found in the All-Hacks thread), but it seems like I came across hacks that either weren't featured but maybe should have been, or were featured but were not necessary.  Anyway, the short of it is, I ended up confusing myself something fierce.

Take, for example, the amnesia fix.  This is not included in the moreawesomethanyou-nl.zip, but is listed under the index of /ffs/nl/hacks.  Do I need it?  I don't know.  Same thing with the wedding party fix.  Do I need it?  I don't know.  Please.  I'm a desperate man.

There are a lot of discrepencies listed between the moreawesomethanyou-nl.zip and the /ffs/nl/hacks.  I don't know the difference between the two, as to which ones I should be installing.  If it's listed in one, but not the other, should I install it?  Is it safe?  Aaaaaaaaah.

Edited to add: I would be more than happy to type out a list of each hack and which expansion pack that hack is okay with, but I need someone willing to tell me "Yes, that hack is fine" or "No, not with that expansion" in order for me to do it correctly.  Does such a list already exist (and is updated?)
« Last Edit: 2006 May 07, 23:44:37 by uaintjak » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Kick me in the head. Seriously.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 07, 23:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moreawesomethanyou-nl.zip file is essentially the directors cut.  It contains all the hacks that Pescado himself had in his game.  Anything in that file is safe, but you won't necessarily be able to find an RTFM for it.

The things you found in the hacks directory that were not in the directors cut are likely to be experimental - I personally wouldn't touch them (unless asked, I have done some testing), but if you think they sound like something you need, proceed with caution.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 08, 02:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there are major discrepancies in the directories, it's probably a leftover from Hurricane Josh. The "hacks" directory generally contains the current version of things, with the Director's Cut being updated less frequently, when it comes to older editions of the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 08, 02:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't panic, uaintjak (Gah, I'm having Grammar Seizures just typing that! Heavens!)
Most of us have been there. If you stick to the director's cut, read the RTFMs that exist, don't worry about the ones that don't, and keep an eye out for updates, you'll be fine.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 08, 05:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't panic, uaintjak (Gah, I'm having Grammar Seizures just typing that! Heavens!)

The worst part is that I'm a teacher  Wink

I'm not too worried about not having the RTFMs, because I can generally figure out what a hack does by searching for it on the boards.  That's the easy part.

Are these hacks still viable? (By "still viable" of course, I mean in my version of the game, which would be Sims2+Uni+NL+official patch)
Aspiration Recharge
Deathfix
No plagiarism

I remember reading a post here that said these had been fixed in one of the official patches (well, not the aspiration recharge, but the other two at least) but they still appeared in the Director's Cut zip.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 08, 13:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the same version I have, and I have those hacks installed. So, if they aren't viable, at least they haven't blown up my game (yet...knock on wood).

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 08, 20:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Elf.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: