More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:52:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anti-Addiction?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Addiction?  (Read 7212 times)
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Anti-Addiction?
« on: 2006 April 25, 07:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember there was a hack that stops sims from being so easily addicted to playing instruments or play the bubble tower until they're about to die, but can't seem to find it again. I've upgraded my comp since then and only started playing again cuz of OFB so if I had it it is gone now. Greatly appreciate it if someone can point me to it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Anti-Addiction?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 25, 07:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THere isn't really an anti-addiction, the addiction still exists, but getting "NO BUSKERS" will greatly discourage the inappropriate performances.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 25, 08:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was fast, thanks! I do have the no buskers, but while performance for tips has gone down I find my own sims using PRACTICE for eternity. Any chance a timer to the practice action can be added for No Buskers? bubbles too tho that would deviate from the original mod.

EDIT: Automated Practices are the ones thats undesired, of course. Just in case that wasn't obvoius.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 25, 08:07:16 by Bone Chewer » Logged
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 25, 09:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always put the instruments etc in a locked room!

Axe murdered since 2006
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 25, 09:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah, put them in a locked room and set it to "Deny Autonomous" using Authorized Personnel Only if you want. That should prohibit them from autonomously entering the room, permitting them to do so only when YOU tell them to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 25, 14:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Automated Practices are the ones thats undesired, of course. Just in case that wasn't obvious.

Check around -- there's a bunch of 'no autonomous' mods out there.  Monique has some over at MTS2, and Squinge has a whole bunch over at Insimimenator.net.  I forget which one put it out, but there's two real nice patches available that keep sims from autonomously playing instruments if they have max creativity, or chess if they have max logic (two of my bigger annoyances). I don't mind the autonomous behavior much if the sim is still building skills, but sheesh -- get away from the damn instruments and give someone else a shot if you're maxed out. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 25, 21:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique over at MTS2 made a hack so sims that have higher level than 50% in fun need won't rush to those instruments.

At the inseminator site, Squinge made a mod to lower the attraction of the bubble blower.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 25, 22:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forget which one put it out, but there's two real nice patches available that keep sims from autonomously playing instruments if they have max creativity, or chess if they have max logic (two of my bigger annoyances).

I used Monique's no autonomous chess for a while, but noticed my sims didn't fulfill their play chess wants on both community and residential lots. It's not really important, but I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 25, 23:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Monique's no autonomous chess for a while, but noticed my sims didn't fulfill their play chess wants on both community and residential lots. It's not really important, but I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Yea, that's the ones I was referring to, and yea, I noticed that too -- just didn't associate it with the hack (d'oh!).  I get around it by turning the testing cheats on and ctrl-clicking on the want to fulfill it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 26, 01:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of you report that to Monique so she can fix it?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 26, 03:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a play chess want.  Huh

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 26, 03:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pleasure Sims get it - I've never had any other Sims get it.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 26, 12:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of you report that to Monique so she can fix it?

Uh, no, because I haven't tested to make sure it was a problem with the mod and not some conflict Tongue. And the boards there look frightening and confusing to me, so I didn't dare post what I'm not sure of Embarrassed.

I've never seen a play chess want.

Most sims roll up this want with a picture of the chess board - if there is one on the lot - when they arrive at community lots. They don't seem to want it at home though.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 26, 12:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I never reported it to Monique because I never associated the problem with the hack until now. Smiley  My sims don't usually go to community lots with chess boards, so I only saw the glitch in the want being fulfilled once, and never really followed up on it. Next time I'm over at MTS2  I'll drop Monique a note about the possible conflict.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 28, 16:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those that are still interested in Monique Chess mod, she updated it today so you can get the new OFB compatible one now.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 28, 17:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those that are still interested in Monique Chess mod, she updated it today so you can get the new OFB compatible one now.

Cool!  Thanks for the heads-up -- I'll head over there shortly to get it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Morrigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 29, 00:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember there was a hack that stops sims from being so easily addicted to playing instruments or play the bubble tower until they're about to die, but can't seem to find it again. I've upgraded my comp since then and only started playing again cuz of OFB so if I had it it is gone now. Greatly appreciate it if someone can point me to it.

jfade has hacks for no autonomous instrument playing at www.djssims.com (page 2 sims 2 hacks) if that might help Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 30, 11:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomous instrument performance is covered in "No Buskers". Do not combine with non-awesome hacks, or it may leak, catch fire, or explode, causing injury and/or death.

Morrigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 01, 01:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both and they seem to live happily together (albeit jfade's is obviously less awesome  Tongue)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: