More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 05:32:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB food display cases = leftovers possible!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB food display cases = leftovers possible!  (Read 5854 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
OFB food display cases = leftovers possible!
« on: 2006 March 14, 09:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen anyone post about this yet, and while I can't quite believe no one else had noticed it yet I figured I'd share just in case. Cheesy

With the food display cases that come with OFB (Surfaces -> new shelves option), we can now have leftovers in our sims' homes. I've put full multiple serving plates of food in and partially full, no individual servings although I suppose that would work as well. At 800 simoleans a case may be a bit too expensive for poor sims, but once they can afford one it quickly becomes worth it, especially with pregnant sims. I usually don't keep food in there for more than one sim day, but it doesn't seem to go bad at all and it eliminates having to cook more than once a day for many of my families. The only catch is that you have to go into buy mode to move the plate in and out of the case whenever a sim needs food - a little annoying, but worth it in the time saved in cooking and the food saved. It's definitely worth that one tile the case takes up, too.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: OFB food display cases = leftovers possible!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 14, 10:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not even the display case is necessary. Simply place the unused portions in a Sim's inventory! My Sim has been taking his unused food to work!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 14, 10:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, that didn't even occur to me! Grin That's a great idea, though, better than having business owners have to cook themselves TV dinners at work. They can prepare a big meal in the morning, take a plate out to have it put in their inventory for their lunch, and leave the rest of the food in the cold case for their family.

It makes me really happy we can do this now, I was so tired of either having to waste food or cook a bunch of seperate meals.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 10:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even better, Macrotastics supports the consumption of packratted food, especially by children.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 10:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, you are truly awesome.  Cheesy

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 14, 11:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even better, Macrotastics supports the consumption of packratted food, especially by children.

How does that work exactly?  Do they just select a meal from the inventory at random?  Does it have to be in their own inventory, or can it be in the inventory of any Sim in the household?  This sounds like it will be great for pregnant Sims and kids.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 11:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They grab the first meal and attempt to eat it: It is recommended that you only packrat porkchops as a result, since this won't be attempted until they're low enough to eat anything without exploding.

And yes, the inventory of any household sim will be pillaged, although the sim's own inventory is checked first.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 15, 02:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cooking in advance is huge!

*happy dance*

(I wonder how long this would have taken me to figure out on my own, despite how the lack of cooking in advance was making me batty.  Roll Eyes )

Crappy buffet food makes me nuts.  Same old sliced turkey, gag.  Sims can entertain properly now, and just replenish with interesting food when the serving platter get empty.

Yay!

Not to mention packing a healthy, hearty meal for a trip to the business!  I had my stores outfitted with mini-kitchens...but all of those TV dinners and Cups o Ramen were disgusting.

Yay!

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 15, 04:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whereas I just cheat and have the no-spoil hack.  To me, it's the same as sticking something back in the fridge to eat later, but it takes up counter space.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 15, 06:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whereas I just cheat and have the no-spoil hack.  To me, it's the same as sticking something back in the fridge to eat later, but it takes up counter space.

Yeah, you kinda have a point there. It is really the difference between how much you want to click. *shrug*

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 15, 08:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so awesome!  I had a mod that fixed it so my sims would only cook food for the amount of people on the lot.  When I cleaned out my folder for OFB I'm not sure what I did with it.  The food wastage has been absolutely astronaumical since!  It would be well worth the money to buy that case!

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 15, 11:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you kinda have a point there. It is really the difference between how much you want to click. *shrug*

Wasn't ever interested in the "no spoil" hack, once again proving that TS2 is all about different strokes.  If my kids or my Sims leave plates of food around, they are going to get icky.  Cool  (had a fruit fly invasion RL last summer which made me afraid of "death by flies" )

@ Regina - I tried the display case method last night.  Unless I'm using it wrong, it was too cumbersome for me to enjoy playing with.  I couldn't get my Sims to put the food in or take the food out (on a home lot, I've never played with it on a business lot).  I sold the case.

Inventory, OTOH, was fun.  My high cooking point Sim made and stockpiled serving platters full of great food.  (I take my Sims food seriously, I've got some nice downloads.)  In the middle of the business day, he pulled out a platter of Broiled Beef Au Jus.  The family and Ricky Cornier, the cashier, took turns having a good meal in the backroom.

Yay!

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 15, 12:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow nice!
i might never have found this out on my own since i havent really eaten anything after placing snapdragons everywhere
but this is a good news indeed because im considering removing all the snapdragon due to their rediculous overpowerness
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 15, 12:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't ever interested in the "no spoil" hack, once again proving that TS2 is all about different strokes.  If my kids or my Sims leave plates of food around, they are going to get icky.  Cool  (had a fruit fly invasion RL last summer which made me afraid of "death by flies" )

I did too Windy-Moon (had an invasion of fruit flies).  They are the most persistent bastards I ever saw and can live on nothing more than sink drain funk for months breeding on my bathroom mirrors.  Blech!  It was like a horror movie.  And heaven forbid you should take out a glass of red wine.  They would come from across the house in .5 seconds to buzz around your face.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled thread...

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: