More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 08:27:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home  (Read 15076 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 30, 08:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, moving furniture is beset with problems!  I think mine got so completely bugged because i tried moving the family car too, and not just from one lot to another, but from Downtown to Pleasantview!  (Pleasantview is much nicer for bringing up kids!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 30, 18:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, moving furniture is beset with problems!  I think mine got so completely bugged because i tried moving the family car too, and not just from one lot to another, but from Downtown to Pleasantview!  (Pleasantview is much nicer for bringing up kids!)
the family car definitely has presented problems for me before when I loaded it up into the inventory  I.end up not being able to use the car in inventory and have to buy another one just to sell one of the cars.so now if Imove my sim the family car gets left behind

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 31, 08:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting back to the original issue, I have a sim who was initially a University NPC student who moved in with her boyfriend, who had graduated from University.  She has all the bonuses of a regular graduate, the extra want slots and the ability to lock two, but she's not able to get any of the University careers.  I haven't been able to use the college adjuster or the lot debugger, and I assume this is because she has the extra slots and the ability to lock two wants.  She also has "Undeclared" as her major listed on her diploma, whereas the other few University NPC students I've moved in with adults have had majors assigned to them.

Does anyone know a fix that would enable her to browse the University careers?  I'm not looking for a hack that allows me to choose careers individually, instead just a fix that enables her to get them when she's searching for a job.  Oddly, when she looks for a job on the computer, she does not get five options when a graduate has already searched for jobs and discovered some of the University careers offered.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 31, 12:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting back to the original issue, I have a sim who was initially a University NPC student who moved in with her boyfriend, who had graduated from University.  She has all the bonuses of a regular graduate, the extra want slots and the ability to lock two, but she's not able to get any of the University careers.  I haven't been able to use the college adjuster or the lot debugger, and I assume this is because she has the extra slots and the ability to lock two wants.  She also has "Undeclared" as her major listed on her diploma, whereas the other few University NPC students I've moved in with adults have had majors assigned to them.

Does anyone know a fix that would enable her to browse the University careers?  I'm not looking for a hack that allows me to choose careers individually, instead just a fix that enables her to get them when she's searching for a job.  Oddly, when she looks for a job on the computer, she does not get five options when a graduate has already searched for jobs and discovered some of the University careers offered.
if you have Sim PE the undeclared is easily fixed and right there is  her problem. Undeclared might as well never have gone to Uni as Majors Must be firmly in place by the Junior year. Uni Careers are only available to Graduates with a declared Major..Go in to Sim PE  click neighborhood browser then select the neighborhood the sim lives in. it will be listed by name. after SimPE loads the selected neighbor hood go to tool open it click neighborhood a little window will open with 3 options one will be unavailable. click  sim browser. it will take a minute or tw0 for simpe to load the sim rowser . time is dependant upon how many sims live in the neighborhood which includes service people,NPC's  and townies as well as playable sims. click onthe Sims Picture that is afflicted with this problem. then click open it will take a minute but Sim PE will load the sim description for the selected sim. click the University Tab it will list the sims major how many hours are left in the semester last grade and effort. cliick  on ththe drop down tab where it says major and select the major the sim actually got the diploma for. reset grade point average if neeed be  and semester stats ie hours left if any thing more than 0 appears in semeste r 8 . commit the changes  and close SimPE  a box will pop up asking if you want to save changes made  click yes  when Sim PE is done saving the changes it automatically closes. when you re enter your game send your sim to read the diploma it should reflect the  major in it at that point rather than undeclared. and Uni careers will automatically be available at that point.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 01, 01:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you have Sim PE the undeclared is easily fixed and right there is  her problem. Undeclared might as well never have gone to Uni as Majors Must be firmly in place by the Junior year. Uni Careers are only available to Graduates with a declared Major..Go in to Sim PE  click neighborhood browser then select the neighborhood the sim lives in. it will be listed by name. after SimPE loads the selected neighbor hood go to tool open it click neighborhood a little window will open with 3 options one will be unavailable. click  sim browser. it will take a minute or tw0 for simpe to load the sim rowser . time is dependant upon how many sims live in the neighborhood which includes service people,NPC's  and townies as well as playable sims. click onthe Sims Picture that is afflicted with this problem. then click open it will take a minute but Sim PE will load the sim description for the selected sim. click the University Tab it will list the sims major how many hours are left in the semester last grade and effort. cliick  on ththe drop down tab where it says major and select the major the sim actually got the diploma for. reset grade point average if neeed be  and semester stats ie hours left if any thing more than 0 appears in semeste r 8 . commit the changes  and close SimPE  a box will pop up asking if you want to save changes made  click yes  when Sim PE is done saving the changes it automatically closes. when you re enter your game send your sim to read the diploma it should reflect the  major in it at that point rather than undeclared. and Uni careers will automatically be available at that point.

Yes, this fix works.  Thank you for your help.

However, the diploma doesn't have the major updated, and for some reason putting the thing back into her inventory didn't fix it.  I was able to get a new diploma with the major after deleting her first one and purchasing a second (when I had her selected) through a hacked career rewards collection.

I don't believe that the diploma reading improperly had any effect on her ability to get the new jobs, however, after I had set the major.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 01, 01:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote
Yes, this fix works.  Thank you for your help.

However, the diploma doesn't have the major updated, and for some reason putting the thing back into her inventory didn't fix it.  I was able to get a new diploma with the major after deleting her first one and purchasing a second (when I had her selected) through a hacked career rewards collection.

I don't believe that the diploma reading improperly had any effect on her ability to get the new jobs, however, after I had set the major.
you',e welcome. Ive had to do that before sorry I should have mentioned that you might have to purchase a new diploma

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 03, 20:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the computer always offers five jobs, but unlike the newspaper it offers more variety in starting levels.  However, this also applies to non-graduates.  The only difference between job offers for graduates is the extra choice of careers - the starting level still depends mainly on their skill levels as demanded by a particular career, although I believe that graduating Summa Cum Laude may give them a slightly higher offer in the jobs related to their Major.  If they have no body skill points, they would still be offered the Team Mascot though!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 04, 01:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the computer always offers five jobs, but unlike the newspaper it offers more variety in starting levels.  However, this also applies to non-graduates.  The only difference between job offers for graduates is the extra choice of careers - the starting level still depends mainly on their skill levels as demanded by a particular career, although I believe that graduating Summa Cum Laude may give them a slightly higher offer in the jobs related to their Major.  If they have no body skill points, they would still be offered the Team Mascot though!
all of my college grads have started at level 8 whereas my non college grads with maxed skills have started at level 6 . I have a tendency to start my sims skilling as soon as they are toddlers  and they continue to skill til 2 days before adulthood when I send them to Uni I have only had one sim who wast maxed in skill when they left for uni  and that was a sim who needed  half a cooking point and got it  the second  day at Uni. to max all skills

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 04, 01:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a boring life they must have as adults - raising kids and cooking meals!  And presumably very long childhood and teenage!  Sorry, but would you have wanted to spend all your growing up time just learning stuff?

Zephyr Zodiac
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 04, 07:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the computer always offers five jobs, but unlike the newspaper it offers more variety in starting levels.  However, this also applies to non-graduates. 

Was this in response to my posting stating that my sim wasn't getting five job prospects from the computer?  I believe it was part of the bug issue I was discussing.  This is how it worked:

Sim A: College graduate with a named major
Sim B: Bugged college graduate with "Undeclared" major

If Sim B is the first sim checking for jobs that day, she gets five jobs offered, all of them pre-University careers.  However, if Sim A first checks the job offers on the computer and gets five, two of which are University careers, Sim B will only get three job offers when she looks for a job on the computer, the three pre-University career jobs.  She'll still get the icon for the last job of the five offered in the pop-up informing that no more jobs are available though.  For instance, if it's Business, Politics, Medicine, Show Business, Paranormal, she'll stop getting jobs after Medicine, but the icon in the pop-up will be Paranormal.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 04, 09:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean now.  Have you tried removing your hacks to see if that clears things up?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 04, 18:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a boring life they must have as adults - raising kids and cooking meals!  And presumably very long childhood and teenage!  Sorry, but would you have wanted to spend all your growing up time just learning stuff?
no actually my adults and YA's have ablast as  the need for skilling i gone they go down town hang out with friends and other than term papers and class assignments and going to class My YA's can have  all the fun they want and social life. a majority of my sims reach perma plat quickly and I dont always marry the adults off  right away the quickest to marry in my game are the Family sims because  many of their LTW's are simply unable to be met without marriage being quiker than I would like.MY Pop ,Pleasure,Fortune,Romance and Knowledge sims never marry right out of uni I currently have 5 sims in Uni all are PermaPlat so other than Uni requirements they are  free to goof off or do whatever takes their Fancy, I have a Romance sim who will reach permaplat with his next promotion. his only surviving child is off to uni when I enter their house next and he still has 24 days of adult hood left  .is He bored probably not he has woohooed  with 3/4 of the neighborhood women and literally dozens of hookers. his daughter is maxed in skills and is only a teen.my family sims are the ones that would have the most boring of lives as al they ever want is babies,babies and more babies and even there they have live in hired help

cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 05, 06:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean now.  Have you tried removing your hacks to see if that clears things up?

I don't think it's a hack conflict.  I think it's a bug.  She was a University NPC who moved in with one of my graduates and her major was not automatically set, which it has been for other Uni NPCs I've moved in.  This meant that even though she had 6 want slots and could lock two wants/fears, she couldn't get any of the University careers to show up either in the newspaper or on the computer.  When I used SimPE to change her major, that ability was restored.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 05, 11:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: