More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 06:47:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Effect of age on teaching skills and encouraging?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Effect of age on teaching skills and encouraging?  (Read 3997 times)
Thanatos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Effect of age on teaching skills and encouraging?
« on: 2005 August 16, 18:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new to these forums but a veteran at "thesimsresource" forums. Where I have the same name. (Sort of)

I wanted to ask a couple of related questions about something that is hinted to exist by the Prima official guide. Since some of the info there is quite erroneous, I though this would be good place to ask.

I have two related questions.

1. With relation to encouraging personality, what affect does age difference, age of the encourager, or person being encouraged, personality of both, and difference in personality have on the rate of developing (or losing) personality points?

2.  Similarly, With relation to learning skills on objects, what affect do age difference, age of the teacher, or person being taught, personality of both, and difference in personality have on the rate of developing skill points?

Thanks in advance. Smiley
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Effect of age on teaching skills and encouraging?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 16, 21:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno the answer to the first one, but here's something that might answer some if not all of the queries regarding question no.2. Check out Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded in The War Room on this very website, it mentioned skilling.

Here's the link:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 16, 21:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first one, Elders are able to encourage better than any other age group (so says the book).

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 16, 21:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders appear to have more encourage firepower than any other group, but absolutely nothing affects the bonus gained for "teach" on a career item: It is always +100%, regardless of the level of skill of the instructor, whether the instructor wears a thinking cap or not, or the age of the instructor. The learning wearing a thinking cap is +100%, which stacks for a total of +200% LR. If the learner has the "stuck smart milk" effect, that is +200%, which stacks with "Teach", but is overridden permanently by the thinking cap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 17, 00:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course Elders make particularly good instructors if they have retired and can spend most of their day instructing the younger generations.  Better yet, they can encourage a favourable personality prior to training, so you get the most possible skill-building done.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 17, 18:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the macro-encourager it is awesome.  Daniel Pleasant was able to get Lilith and Angela not to be messy, and Olive got Nervous to have a 10 in neatness so I didn't have to kill him again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: