More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 04:24:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NPC Dual-Personality Syndrome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NPC Dual-Personality Syndrome  (Read 3720 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
NPC Dual-Personality Syndrome
« on: 2005 August 31, 05:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that most, if not all, NPC's have different personality profiles in-game to their genetic ones.  Often they're totally opposite.  What is the reason for this?  I can't think of any reason why they would be different, unless they revert to their genetic one if they become playable?  Even that makes little sense in the case of professors or maids, or whatever.  Why should they be 9 Outgoing in-game and 5 genetically, for instance?  Why not just make them 9 Outgoing in both?  I'm intrigued to know the reasoning behind this (although chances are there probably isn't any).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: NPC Dual-Personality Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 31, 05:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried to decipher this, and have come to the conclusion that good children don't become NPCs, only those who come from traumatized households do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 31, 05:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think, that by this arrangement, you can get the average personality traits for the kids, if you marry the NPC to an existing sim. 9+5 (genetic) = 14, then the baby will be 7 outgoing...Smiley. This improves the kid's genetics...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 31, 05:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried to decipher this, and have come to the conclusion that good children don't become NPCs, only those who come from traumatized households do.

I will have to dwell on that for a while.  I suppose it could be another little Maxian 'joke'.  You marry your 1 in Neatness Lothario descendant to a 10 in Neatness maid in the hope of getting kids who will help you tidy-up their father/mother's mess, only to discover the maid's really only got 1 in Neat (Don Lothario's descendants get everywhere) and you end-up with a load of kids to clean-up after as well as your spouse ... that sort of thing.  Very funny, if so.  Hilarious, in fact.  NOT.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 31, 05:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, JM, where have you been?  I haven't seen you around in a couple of days.  I know you couldn't have been sleeping.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: