More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 11:44:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with "No 20K Handout"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with "No 20K Handout"  (Read 6317 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Problem with "No 20K Handout"
« on: 2005 August 17, 00:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this hack installed for awhile, but I just had something strange happen.  Cassandra, Mortimer, and Alexander all moved to a new house a long time ago.  Mortimer died, and Alexander moved out, leaving all the money with Cass and her new family.  I've moved the kids out and had them get married and then sent some to college.  For the most part, the family's cash has been around $500-600.  All the children are grown now except one, and Mortimer's youngest son with Bella who is living with Cassandra and her husband now.  One of Cassandra's daughters moved back to the house after graduating and got married, with her new husband moving into the Goth mansion.  They had a baby, who is now a toddler.  I decided they needed a house of their own even though the Goth house was more than big enough for all of them.  So the three sims moved out, two adults and one toddler, leaving two adults, a teen, and a baby.  When I went to move the new family into a house, I looked to see how much they could afford.  To my astonishment, they had $698,286!  I wondered how much Cassandra and the others had been left with, and they only have $95,771!  How did this happen?  I thought the moving out sims were supposed to get a small percentage of the household net worth, but this seems backwards.  I could fix it with a money order, probably several money orders, but how did this happen in the first place?  This doesn't jive with what JMP describes in the rtfm:

Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from college. A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of the current family. No more. No such thing as a free lunch. If a sim family breaks up, the sim being booted out will take the minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K, from the treasury if available.  Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's not enough to afford even the odd 2x2 lot....too bad! Life's a bitch and then you're raped by wild boars!
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Problem with "No 20K Handout"
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 17, 01:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the amount that Cassandra and crew were left with was just the amount that they themselves had earned from their jobs.  Although the overall amount appears to have been roughly divided by 7, coincidentally the same number of Sims, and Cassandra was left with roughly only 1/7th plus I suppose her and hubby's earnings.

Rainbow, I think this is a miracle.  You have somehow broken the magic spell and proved that the money can indeed be separated from the Goth Estate without the help of gold-digging liaisons.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 17, 01:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, but I wanted the money to stay with the family, and for the daughter moving out with her husband and little girl to start over with what they are making with their jobs.  I thought someone posted a similar problem while using this mod, but I can't find it here.  Perhaps it was back at the "other place."
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 17, 01:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim is on another post right now, where there was mention of a moving in college Sim with $6M - so that may be where you saw this.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 17, 01:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that just now, but I remember reading this a little while back, someone was saying that it didn't leave much money with their elders, who were the ones staying, and their adult children moved out taking all their hard-earned money.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 17, 01:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cloned the college move-out logic, so it's possible that it's including the value of the lot in the split, or something. Not sure how you got that result. Maybe some kind of division error.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 17, 08:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you cloned the college move-out logic then it probably is hitting the property value. Perhaps Rainbow can tell us what the remaining family's net worth is/was, as opposed to their cash reserves. Just a thought.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 17, 18:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The numbers I gave above was from the neighborhood screen, not the amount displayed from within the game.  Wouldn't that include the lot value as well as cash?  Actually, the moved out family was still in the bin, not having moved into a lot yet.  I merged them back with the original family, then had only the son-in-law move out.  Then I had him move into a house and invite his wife over to move in with their daughter.  He only took about half the money that time, with her bringing something like 36,000 with her when she moved in.  I didn't write those numbers down.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 17, 23:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't write those numbers down.

Well then Rainbow, for this infraction of fractions, you must now perform a total and manual uninstall.  Please follow the enclosed instructions for the reinstallation to the letter.  Where it reads "without any hacks or mods", by gali you better do it, Missy.

Then when you are through, please follow the instructions on same enclosure (on back of page) and the website link and download some up-to-date drivers for your video card.

Last but not least, boot your computer.  Any pair of shoes will do, as long as you have adequate protection for those delicate bones in your tiny little feet.

If you still have questions about the money (isn't it always a question of money?) or problems with the procedure, start a new thread here on the podium.  K?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 21, 04:53:01 by Bane~Child » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 18, 03:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then Rainbow, for this infraction of fractions, you must now perform a total and manual uninstall. Please follow the enclosed instructions for the reinstallation to the letter. Where it reads "without any hacks or mods", by gali you better do it, Missy.
A fraction infarction or myocardial infraction?  Tongue Well, I did as you said, I even reformatted and reinstalled Windows, and the same thing happened again, so what should I do now?  And what about the infraction of my little toe??
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 18, 04:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then Rainbow, for this infraction of fractions, you must now perform a total and manual uninstall. Please follow the enclosed instructions for the reinstallation to the letter. Where it reads "without any hacks or mods", by gali you better do it, Missy.
A fraction infarction or myocardial infraction?  Tongue Well, I did as you said, I even reformatted and reinstalled Windows, and the same thing happened again, so what should I do now?  And what about the infraction of my little toe??

Actually, I will let you choose: a tractable infarction with or without stent (unless it is a BBB), non-tractable fraction with reduction, a fracture in friction traction, a traceable fraction-in-situ or a tardy infraction reaction.  This would be the first (and only) phalanx of the fifth digit, distal to the metatarsis of the right foot?...unless of course you are left-handed.  All you can do is tape it to the adjacent digit, in two places above and below the phalanx.

What shall you do?  Again, your choice: Carrot Sticks, Klondike or Dove ice cream bar - light or dark chocolate, V-8 Low Sodium juice, a Dairy Queen Butterfinger Breeze, Celery and/or low-fat pretzels with peanut butter, or a hand -mixed Marble Slab ice cream waffle cone - any flavor and combination.

Don't forget to update your virus scanner, like right now, there has been a very nasty computer virus loosed on the world.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: