More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 06:03:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make career cars available as ownable ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make career cars available as ownable ?  (Read 4684 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Make career cars available as ownable ?
« on: 2006 February 26, 09:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial or something to learn how to clone one of the career cars (the blue sport car of the slacker career for example) and have it avaible as an ownable car, fully fonctionnal (drivable, whoohooable etc...)
I found the limo and the town car already made, on MTS2, but not the one I really want (blue sport car). Thanks in advance for any help.
Pioupiou
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Make career cars available as ownable ?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 26, 09:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that one on The Sims Resource. let me get the link. Smiley

Classic Sports Car

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 26, 09:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it will do. But if anyone knows how I can do that myself with the cars I want, I'm still interested.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 26, 10:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted my reply Simsbaby, glad you removed the kissy's, it was making me feel sick thinking about that little pervert.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 26, 16:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the sports car is a Dodge Viper look-alike. There is a Viper done at MTS2, try that out.

Let the Beast inside you free!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 26, 18:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I will look for this Viper. But still, if someone can help me to have the in-game cars (career) available....  Cheesy
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 27, 15:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These might work for you:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=11731&highlight=cars

Some of the cars aren't there..so you'll have to do a specific search and find if anyone has did a recolor of them.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 27, 15:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what you will need to do is have a basic understanding of SimPe and meshing as well as some texturing skills.

There isnt really a fast simple answer, but I believe you could use the career editer to figure out where the car you want is. You will then need to follow some modding tutorials on how to extract base game meshes from the various object packages and then proceed as directed. I would try using a hair/clothing tutorial as well, not because it relates directly but because you are working with base game meshes that they haven't made a plugin for cloning yet like the object workshop(to my knowledge).

Have you looked in object workshop to see if any of the regular ownable cars are in there? That would certainly make it easier as you wouldn't have to build a complete package yourself from scratch, not that its extremely difficult but it is very time consuming tracking down all the files if you dont already know where they are. Assuming you could get a package already made, you are still going to have to track down the files you want for the career car though. And you need to make sure you clone a car that is somewhat compatible in size and shape to the one you want to make.

Good luck. I am sure if you do some searches you might be able to find out how to make new cars, it will be the same basic procedure, you will just be using a base game mesh instead of one from a 3d consortium or wherever else people get their 3d meshes from.

Numenor is a very helpful person and I would inquire of him for his help, if you really just can't figure it out.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 27, 19:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Killersims has a bunch of new cars; not ones from the careers, but there's BMWs, an SUV, Lotus, and a bunch of others.  Really nicely done, and they all play well in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 28, 12:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot nectere for your answer. I'm afraid it will be too complicated for me but if I'm bored one day I may try...
I'm pissed at Maxis for not making every car available in nightlife.... Angry
Killersims seems to have nice car, but it also seems to be a paid site.... Sad

edit : I have found (while searching mod the sims2 for this car "problem") how to clone a career and use custom uniform, solving my other "big" problem : icon (top of show business) going to work in a track suit !! Not related at all, but I'm happy  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 February 28, 13:47:19 by pioupiou » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 28, 16:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Killersims is a paid site, but they have a pretty unique (to me) way of doing it -- instead of buying a subscription, you pay by the size of the download, and it's only pennies per KB.  They're also part of a whole exchange of sites that use the same system. I put something like $20 bucks on my account there months ago, and still have at least 1/2 of it left, even though I downloaded a bunch of stuff from them and other sites in the exchange since then.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: