More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 14:12:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Teleporting babies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teleporting babies  (Read 10915 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Teleporting babies
« on: 2006 February 27, 02:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim recently became a father to twins.  Both infants were in their cribs, and my Sim was sitting at the table, eating Chili, when suddenly one baby teleported out of the crib and into his arms.  He continued to eat while holding the baby, which is normally impossible.  His wife, who was playing a computer game, got the other baby simultaneously.

I have to assume this was introduced by the 2nd Nightlife patch, because I've never seen it before, and the similar stories ("my Sim does a Britney!") seem post NLp2 as well.

Edit: the wife stood up and ended up with her legs stuck inside her chair.  She couldn't move afterward.  Using MoveObjects to move her away from the chair didn't help, she was permanently stuck in place.  My Sim was similarly stuck.  Exiting the lot didn't help.  Deleting the chair fixed the problem.

- Gus
« Last Edit: 2006 February 27, 03:02:58 by Gus Smedstad » Logged

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Teleporting babies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 27, 04:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after I installed the 2nd patch, I went to check on the pleasant family, Daniel ended up with one of his twin toddlers (and the bunny toy she was playing with) teleported into his arms, while he was dancing (which was actually cute) but then Daniel froze...

I forget what happened to the other two toddlers (the other twin and Daniels alien toddler), they may have ended up teleported into the arms of Mary Sue and their teen brother but I do remember they needed to be put back into the nursery.

Anyway, I ended up just ignoreing Daniel (after trying to get him to move/do anything) and he unfroze a short time later with no harm done to him or his daughter.

Someone else had mentioned the teleporting kids after installing the patch so it didn't surprise me when it happened.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 27, 07:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh lord, what did they mess up this time?  Seems to me  they make a patch, only to create a whole set of new problems which then need a - wait for it - ..................a PATCH!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 27, 11:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had anything like this and I have quite a few babies and toddlers around at the moment.  I do have the Baby Controller on all lots with them on though, maybe that stops these weird teleporting things happening?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 27, 11:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've not had anything post patch happen either with my numerous toddlers. my sims seem to be extra fertile at the moment, with many twins and triplets Smiley
i don't have the Baby Controller though, so i don't think ink it's this preventing them
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 27, 13:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a downloaded custom crib that's causing it?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 27, 14:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this with babies, though in my game it seems like there's a toddler 'jump bug' back after the new patch.  It seems to mostly happen when toddlers climb off the potty -- one minute they're sitting on the floor in front of it, and the next they're across the room in front of the toy they were heading for.

I also had a weird one last night where one of my Sims went to build creativity on the computer.  Well, she was doing that, except she was sitting in mid-air, in the middle of the room, at a right angle to the computer.  Heard the keyboard clicks and her skill meter was filling up, but it was weird.  I wish I thought to snap a picture.  Breaking her out of the macro and restarting it sent her to the computer the right way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 27, 14:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No custom crib here and no baby controller.  Lots of mods these days, granted, but the only actual objects are the Gender Preference Kite and the Baby Bottle Mini Fridge.  I'm not so pleased with the latter, since the animation for removing the bottle is all wrong.  At least the Smart Milk dispenser can sit on top of it.

I'm also noticing that visitors have gone dumb.  They come over and don't do anything at all unless you interact with them.  Yeah, I know, His Awesomeness would see that as a feature, but I don't like it.  This may be related to babies / toddlers as well, since I didn't see the problem before the birth of the twins.

- Gus

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 27, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it might just be worth removing all your hacked objects from the house to see if it continues.  I know some objects that were made for the base game, or Uni, or NL before the patch, just don't work properly if you update your game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 27, 17:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any custom cribs or the baby controller. It only happened that one time and it was right after installing the patch but I haven't played since then, been to exhusted Sad  re-entering the Lot didn't make it happen again so I believe it was just a one time occurence. I hope to play later after I get a nap, if I do I'll be checking on more of my families.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 27, 17:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the game supposed to reset when a patch is installed? And couldn't that cause babies to end up in adults' arms instead of wherever they were before? Though you'd think they'd all be standing by the mailbox instead in that case.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 27, 17:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything darn well resets with every new EP and every patch - it can be really frustrating when you enter a house, it's midnight and all the sims are wide awake!  By the time they're tired enough to sleep, it's time to get up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 27, 19:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the game supposed to reset when a patch is installed? And couldn't that cause babies to end up in adults' arms instead of wherever they were before? Though you'd think they'd all be standing by the mailbox instead in that case.

The babies were born after the patch.

- Gus

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 27, 20:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The babies were born after the patch.

- Gus
Hm thats good to Know . I have a couple in my neighborhood that gave birth to twin girls post patch  so I will watch for the teleporting issue when I resume playing after I finish moving sims in to their respective dwellings. Ironically they were the first couple to move into this hood as it is brand new and the first babies born in the neighborhood are the infant twins . there are no other babies in my Neighborhood and only 4 toddlers right now,Alexander Goth,Beau Broke and the Worden toddlers are the extant of the "babies" in my hood.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 27, 20:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had a weird one last night where one of my Sims went to build creativity on the computer.  Well, she was doing that, except she was sitting in mid-air, in the middle of the room, at a right angle to the computer.  Heard the keyboard clicks and her skill meter was filling up, but it was weird.  I wish I thought to snap a picture.  Breaking her out of the macro and restarting it sent her to the computer the right way.

I had something similar to this last night.  It was so weird, I took a video of it.  Loki Beaker was in a sitting position and he was moving around the lot like that, sort of sliding along like a snake.  He did various things like that and finally stopped doing it after using the toilet.  I have no idea what caused it, but it was funny to watch.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 27, 21:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I played Loki he did that, after playing chess.  And I've had a couple of sims in my custom hood do it lately, too.  It seems to happen when the sim they're playing with cheats, and they turn around to look at whatever the cheating sim pointed at.  Then when I have them go do something else, they're in the sitting position with their head turned around, moving what would be the equivalent of a few steps, then pause, then move again, then pause, etc.  Eventually they get up and walk like normal.  But it happened with Loki with just the base game, no patches, so it's not a new thing.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 27, 23:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's definitely going on.  The oldest kid is constantly being reset.  He'll get into the bathtub, and then zap, he's standing next to it.  Or he's asleep, and zap, he's standing next to his bed.  Or he starts to bake something in the kid's oven, and the action aborts with the oven door halfway open.

- Gus

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 27, 23:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked his memories for a spam of furious reverses without their corresponding tokens?

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 28, 01:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's never been furious.  I narrowed it down, it turned out to be the Romance Mod.  You wouldn't think it would be relevant.  I'll detail that in another thread.

- Gus

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 28, 04:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to assume this was introduced by the 2nd Nightlife patch, because I've never seen it before, and the similar stories ("my Sim does a Britney!") seem post NLp2 as well.
I don't think these stories are all post NLp2, because I experienced what was described in the thread you mentioned, and it wasn't the same as what you describe here.  I also don't have the patch.  You describe babies being teleported to their parents' arms, whereas what happened to me and others in that thread is that the parents were already holding the child and then go about their business without setting the baby/toddler down first.  From what I saw in your post, it seemed that once the adult "received" the baby, they kind of got stuck.  So I think this is a different situation, possibly related to the patch, but it's not the same as the "Brittney."  Smiley
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 28, 12:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I saw in your post, it seemed that once the adult "received" the baby, they kind of got stuck.  So I think this is a different situation, possibly related to the patch, but it's not the same as the "Brittney."  Smiley
Good point.  The teleportation is entirely different than just forgetting to put the baby down.  I'm pretty sure that the being stuck occurred just because both adults were currently sitting when they received the baby, and they got up without going through the "exit chair" process.  Since they were already standing, they had no way of detaching themselves from their chairs, and thus couldn't move.

- Gus

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: