More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:58:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  restoring deleted sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: restoring deleted sims?  (Read 20250 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: restoring deleted sims?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 08, 07:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the topic ID code, I found it was a link to this thread by Baratron, about Strangetown DNA.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 08, 09:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this link!  I'd completely missed the thread, and since I have Johnny and Ophelia as a couple at Uni it would have caused real problems if I'd graduated them and they'd married and had kids!  But I've tried and tried to save the Web Page for future reference, and I just can't seem to do it!  However, I'll keep trying, and in the meantime I'll just bookmark the page.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 08, 09:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the Peasantry, and there aren't a lot of threads there right now, so that helps me since I tend to lose track of all my bookmarks. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 08, 09:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I've got all my Forum bookmarks separate from download sites (which I've now sorted into three folders!) and I don't bookmark many pages apart from the main page, so it's easy enough to find, but I like to be able to save pages onto a notepad doc so I can refer to them without going on the web.  Just annoying that I couldn't save this - and if I just print it, I'll file it away somewhere and never find it again!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 08, 09:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What sort of problem are you having?  Are you trying to copy and paste, or use the browser's Save As function?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 08, 10:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried both, but no luck!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 08, 10:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried saving the printable version as an html file and as a text file.  If you want, I could email them to you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 08, 10:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great, Rainbow.  I don't seem to get any options, just Save As - I think maybe it's a firewall problem as I never used to have this problem with saving web pages!  I'll PM you with my email address, and thanks.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 08, 10:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No prob, it should be on the way now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 08, 10:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rainbow - all arrived safely and are fine.  So I can add them to my little store of useful snippets!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 08, 12:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 08, 19:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And to confirm this to yourself ZZ, open a deleted sims character file and you will see it's shredded,   Most of the information is missing from it. It's only a placeholder, as Nectere said.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 08, 22:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, for example, they will not have DNA or the Wants&Fears resources.  Ghosts should have this intact, because their character data gets shredded when you delete their tombstone (unless you have JM's fix for that).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 09, 01:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since I never ever delete sims from the bin, I have no way of checking, so I'll take your word for it!  But since Hero Monty apparently has a lot of this info, what exactly did they do to HER?  I think they must have killed her somehow in the house the family were living in (wherever it was! but since Antonio doesn't have the full 20,000 simoleons, one assumes they were living in a house and moved out before the value reached that amount again), then when Antonio and the kids moved out, the tombstone or urn would have been sold with the contents of the house.  And since they didn't have JM's fix in their game, nasty things happened to her file!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 09, 04:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Maxis, there is no telling what they did.  Besides, the value of the house wouldn't mean much because they have all kinds of tools to create and edit data that we don't even have access to, so they could have given them any amount of money they wanted to.  And I think Jordi made a good point about them setting up a lot of this stuff in an earlier version of the game, and all sorts of data got left hanging around.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 09, 05:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused now.  Hero Monty should have no data right? Yet when I open up her DNA I'm getting data.  What prevents her getting resurrected? Is it that it doesn't know what she looks like? Huh

DNa - homogenous
Eye 32dee745-b6ce-419f-9e86-ae93802d2682
FacialFeature nose,brow,cheek,jaw,
Hair 00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Skintone 00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Skinrange 00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Wants to be friends with Benedick Monty, meet someone new, buy a bar, buy a stereo.
Fears getting fat, death of Antonio & being rejected.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 09, 05:39:27 by vilia » Logged
cyphirsofchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 09, 07:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well though this thread has gotten off topic a bit I solved the problem finally.

dunno where u guys get the time but for me here its like 2am and I finally had a chance to try some things out, an hour ago. so heres how it all went down:

Nectere and Zeph you guys were right the first time about the .bak files.. I deleted the orginal files, changed the .bak formats to .package and wa-lah! My sims that i deleted were back to how i first had them before tweakings. Which is ok. woo.. to make sure it worked, i went into the game and boolproped them into a family, and it worked they showed up in the boolprop movei n menu! Thanks a bunch! I hope this thread taught us all a tiny something. I knew there was a way i jsut needed some advice. I think you's all came up with every possible answer and finally..someone had it right.

Goodnight guys.
 This thread can be closed or whatever i dont know how that works. but yeah.. problem solved!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 09, 08:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad it all worked out for you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 09, 10:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Antonio called the Grim Reaper, the only sim he had the option to resurrect was Claudio, none of the other Monty ghosts or dead sims were on his list to resurrect.  I think Claudio should be able to resurrect Silvia, but I haven't tried that.  But normally resurrectable ghosts have files that are bigger than 26KB!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 09, 10:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked Silvia in SimPe and she is shown as no character files & unlinked...if you work out how to do it, please post as I would be very interested.  I'm intrigued by Hero Monty now though so I've decided to create an identical sim but call her Hera as & marry her off to Antonio.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 09, 10:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried to clone her, but she doesn't appear in the list, so the only option would be to create one as much like her as you can - of course, since her dna etc is shown, you could edit that.  You can also, of course, make sure this new version is the one known to Antonio, Beatrice, Benedick and every other sim who has memories of her - a long job, but at the end of it, the twins would (sort of) have their mother back!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 09, 13:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went ahead and created my Hera who funnily enough looked suspiciously like Hero (and had all of her characteristics & interests). I plonked her into the same house as Antonio and his kids so they would have a higher base relationship and...disaster struck.  Antonio is a cancer sim & Hera/o was aries.  They were mutually repelled by each other.  I'll have to get in and alter the zodiacs so they have a chance. I won't bother re-creating the relationships & memories for Hera - too much work.

I'm getting a feeling that Maxis may not have thought about zodiac signs too much when they were doing the pre-stories (unless it was deliberate) as none of the couples seem to get on or even be attracted to each other.  Take Romeo & Juliette or even Hermia & Puck/Mercutio for example - I couldn't get any of these couples to have a bolt of interest in each other.  Romeo & Juliette is one of the greatest love stories ever and unfortunately, Juliette has taken up with Mercutio & Romeo has fell in love with one of his professors (one of the elder ones).  I did end up having Hermia & Puck get together but only by tweaking Hermia's personality.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 09, 13:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, one of my CAS teens who was also romance took one look at Juliette and made a dead set for her!  After that, Romeo didn't get a look in!  and Mercutio is doing very well at Uni with his girlfriend, the eldest daughter of Albany and Goneril!

Is Silvia's tombstone still at the Monty Ranch?  If so, you could try to resurrect her.  It works for Claudio.

I also resurrected Juliette, Hermia and Tybalt's parents and that worked well, she moved out and took her kids with her, did an excellent job of spurring them on to be more ambitious and hard-sorking and got them all off to college before finally persuading Caliban to move in with her.  And consort .... Moved him to a new house, as I can't stand the one he was in, and he's all alone now, rattling around in a mansion!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 09, 23:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Silvia's tombstone still at the Monty Ranch?  If so, you could try to resurrect her.  It works for Claudio.

I also resurrected Juliette, Hermia and Tybalt's parents and that worked well, she moved out and took her kids with her, did an excellent job of spurring them on to be more ambitious and hard-sorking and got them all off to college before finally persuading Caliban to move in with her.  And consort .... Moved him to a new house, as I can't stand the one he was in, and he's all alone now, rattling around in a mansion!

I'm rather enjoying this resurrecting thing so I'll give Cordelia, Claudio & Caliban a shot. I don't think Silvia has a gravestone - I'll check. 

As for Consort - he hooked up with the maid.  Contessa looks a little too scary for me lol.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 10, 00:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not half as scary as Consort looked after I had him use the surgery table!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: