More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:18:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why. won't. he. just. die?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why. won't. he. just. die?  (Read 24148 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Why. won't. he. just. die?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 11, 00:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had asked him about it long time ago on VS and he said it was something to do with gaming, and Draklixa is a male. I assume that this character and JMP have played war games before. I also either assume the congrats in all his rtfm is either the result of a bet or a long standing pun.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 11, 00:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A long standing "inside joke"  would be just like Pescado and thanks for clearing that up.  I appreciate it very much! Grin

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 11, 03:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, you should be a guidance counsellor.  While others (and I won't mention any names) bitch and carry on about those not as PC friendly, you seem to be the only one that remembers what is is like not to know everything and I really appreciate that, being one of those who does need help still from time to time.  A message for those others, didn't you ever need any help? Undecided

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 11, 03:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, flowerchile - I think it's just the teacher (ex-teacher at any rate) in me, I got used to kids not knowing everything, and you soon realise it's not just the kids, sometimes they know things you don't!

And I'm sure most people posting here do realise that not everyone knows what they've come to think of as universal sim-knowledge, and that we all have to start somewhere!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 11, 04:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A message for those others, didn't you ever need any help? Undecided

well I know I'm one that gets bitchy when people don't read the directions posted, I don't bitch about people that have read them and are honestly confused about something. These days I try not to reply to the ones that don't bother to read.

I do remember needing help and I clearly remember about 7 years ago a kid told me how to attach a file to an email so I could send it to her. I hadn't gotten to that section of the help files yet *laughs*   (and yes she did laugh at me for not knowing how to do it already)

I've needed help with different things since then and the first thing I usually do is try and find the answers myself, sometimes I just ask those that already know, depends what I need help with.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 11, 08:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very often though, if you've been playing a few years, then any question you have is also bugging others, and if you ask for info, then a lot of people benefit from the response.

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 11, 12:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game play in all my houses, from the one-room tips to the 20-room symbols of wretched excess, is smoother and faster once I fix the AWOL Headmaster.  Even if he wasn't broken to start with.   Wink

Lucky you. I've had bad things happen twice when I fat-fingered that option if nothing needed fixing. School kids couldn't get on the bus and 'Go to school' kept dropping out of the queue faster than I could put it there. Some don't even have any options when I moused over the school bus. I don't know why that could have happened, moving the family into a new lot didn't fix the problem, eventually, I had to go back to an earlier backup. Guess it's just one of those things where one person gets it but no one esle did Undecided.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 11, 14:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems odd that it would continue to affect them on a new lot without a debugger!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 05, 22:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot where there is one remaining sim living and I'm getting a little sick of playing her until she reaches old age and dies, so I killed her off with Rodney's Death (Creator?). (Died by disease if that's of any relevance).

I got the message about the Sims is supposed to be a 'life' simulation game etc and you can move another family into this house blah blah, however when the Grim Reaper came and took her, Grimmy hung around the house (actually sat down to watch tv!!) and I couldn't exit out to the neighbourhood screen because all of the options, (save, neighbourhood,quit etc) were unavailable (not 'greyed' out...more like blue outlines rather than the solid blue they usually are!) I had to end the game manually and as a consequence, the sim is still on the lot, alive and well!!

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is? In the(distant) past I've killed off the last remaining sim and I don't recall having this problem then!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 05, 22:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a random message from Maxis.  Sometimes you'll get one saying that Grimmy is a Taurus and likes long walks on the beach or if the point of playing Sims2 was to kill off all your sims you'd be a world champion etc.

Check this thread about the messages help http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2717.0

No idea about the inability to save though.  Did Grimmy ever leave? Maybe as long as he was on the lot you couldn't exit???
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 06, 00:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that until he leaves you can't do anything.  Since your sim is dead, you can't even ban him from the lot to get rid of him.  But I think if he stayed and stayed like that, it's because your game has locked up, in the same way as it occasionally locks up when a sim is in the process of giving birth to twins.  You just have to go through the whole thing again after exiting via the Task manager.

You could, of course, just move the old dear into the Family bin, but you'd lose the furniture - but why not move a couple of graduates into the house, let her live out her final days and they can inherit everything!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 06, 02:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Vilia and ZZ.

I had a feeling that I might have to wait for Grimmy to get off the lot, but he's taking his sweet time about doing so. I'll try again in that lot when I get home and see if Grimmy leaves eventually. Of course if he decides to raid the fridge and grab a snack while he's watching TV then I may have to move the old dear in with someone else and kill her off that way  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 06, 04:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a feeling that I might have to wait for Grimmy to get off the lot, but he's taking his sweet time about doing so. I'll try again in that lot when I get home and see if Grimmy leaves eventually. Of course if he decides to raid the fridge and grab a snack while he's watching TV then I may have to move the old dear in with someone else and kill her off that way  Smiley

Um, I hate to be the one to tell you aussieone, but this time he might not just watch tv.  Quite a few people have reported Grimmy...how can I put this delicately?...using the bathroom before leaving.  What is most unfortunate is that he choses not to wash his hands afterwards  Shocked
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 06, 05:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope you have the NoBuskers hack, or he'll be complaining that nobody's given him a tip!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 06, 05:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes ZZ I have the nobuskers hack so that won't be a problem and Vilia, if Grimmy leaves a little 'present' in the bowl for the next family that moves in....well, so be it.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: