More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:38:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Harder finances hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harder finances hack?  (Read 42703 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Harder finances hack?
« Reply #100 on: 2006 February 01, 15:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides I thought you killed all the townies off by now with the cow plant.
No, only some of them.

And…by the way, aren't you creating a lot of useless memories with all the peeing etc?
Who, townie memories? They get mindwipes when you move them in anyway. Brynnes and Kewians? No, they're useful memories that serve to define the character!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 February 01, 16:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, there's the "smart milk effect" to consider: That 300% learn rate doesn't stay forever, and may be lost at anytime, and you'd best make as much use of it as you can before it fades for some reason.

Plus, children are the only stage where there's actually any pressure. Maximizing all skills as early as possible is the name of the game.

In a second- or more-generation house, or a household you cheated the objects into, skill maximizing is not hard at all. The career rewards make skill building so extremely easy that even a CAS teen can achieve the max-all-skills LTW before heading off to uni, and still have time for a first kiss...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 February 01, 16:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a second- or more-generation house, or a household you cheated the objects into, skill maximizing is not hard at all. The career rewards make skill building so extremely easy that even a CAS teen can achieve the max-all-skills LTW before heading off to uni, and still have time for a first kiss...
Yes, but it's not about merely DOING it, it's about doing it UNDER THE SPEED RECORD.

Since the speed record is currently effective maximization (saving only a hair for max all skills LTW) comes BEFORE the teen transition, as a C-0 (about 3 hours shy of C-1), if you take that long, you're already slow.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 February 01, 17:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jumping in the middle of the WOT just to say Hell. Yes. to the income tax hack and private school pay fix. Amen.

knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 February 01, 18:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when will you grace us with this new hack? Don't know how long these usally take to develop, so just asking! Cheesy
Karen

EDIT: ALso, am i retarded (entirely possible) but I can't find the harderjobs hack anywhere, is it available?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 01, 18:55:47 by knitro » Logged

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 February 01, 19:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when will you grace us with this new hack? Don't know how long these usally take to develop, so just asking! Cheesy
Karen

EDIT: ALso, am i retarded (entirely possible) but I can't find the harderjobs hack anywhere, is it available?
Try here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 February 01, 19:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please do not download from the pre-testing directory and expect things to work right. Those things are for FFS staff and designated testers only.

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2006 February 01, 21:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please do not download from the pre-testing directory and expect things to work right. Those things are for FFS staff and designated testers only.

*wanders over, notices yellowpee.zip*:

Yes. What Pescado said. "Yellow pee" is for FFS staff and designated testers only. *smug nod*

You gotta pee some other color like the rest of us punks. :-)

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 February 01, 21:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims pee-ed yellow before your sims even thought of it.  Tongue
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2006 February 01, 21:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes please - financially harder would be good.
As I'm still playing base game only, I don't have LTW and permaplat and I guess my game's harder without them!  It's still too easy!

Re - getting into private school - kids below a C grade don't get in.  The HM came and visited a house with loads of kids and two didn't get in because of low grades.   

re fees - In RL you can get scholarships into private school sometimes - can you add those?  The kids all take a test and the top few get a scholarship - you could work it like a chance card or do reduced fees for kids with X skill points.  Thing is, private schools need to demonstrate good grades to keep their rep high - and they can't do that if the only kids there are rich and thick - hence scholarships - plus all the old boys donating money to show how rich, generous and socially responsible they are.

I just love that fees are there in the code,but not working - really cracked me up!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 February 01, 22:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love that fees are there in the code,but not working - really cracked me up!

There's a lot in the game Maxis never finished...

*'Family' motive
*'Power' aspiration
*'Big Boss' NPC with scenario
*Weather with many tie-ins:
-A lightning storm power outage scenario complete with reward (was supposed to lower bills).
-Sims checking for rain, running from it, etc.
*Washable windows
*Multiple assigned 'casual' outfits
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 February 01, 23:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, suppose you look at it another way - Maxis set up the core features for later add ons and expansions. Big Boss will be used in Open for Business, and Snooty has the links for the newest two add ons, Family Fun and Glamour.

Regarding the Big Boss scenario, over a year ago one of the websites (I think Gamespot)  had pre-release TS2 photos that featured sims doing things that they are only starting to do now.  Two I distinctly remember - 'Meet the Boss' where the sim had to impress him and one that reminded me of Makin' Magic which showed a sim that had shrunk after drinking a potion.

happy now :-)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 February 02, 02:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*'Family' motive
I heard there was also a thirst motive. Thus all the water drinking availible.
*Washable windows
I heard (but have never seen) that sims can wash them on their own if they are neat and have no pressing needs.
Jordi, suppose you look at it another way - Maxis set up the core features for later add ons and expansions. Big Boss will be used in Open for Business, and Snooty has the links for the newest two add ons, Family Fun and Glamour.

Regarding the Big Boss scenario, over a year ago one of the websites (I think Gamespot)  had pre-release TS2 photos that featured sims doing things that they are only starting to do now.  Two I distinctly remember - 'Meet the Boss' where the sim had to impress him and one that reminded me of Makin' Magic which showed a sim that had shrunk after drinking a potion.
Woah, I need to read more on the expansion. I had no idea that was going to be implemented.
Not so sure that the add ons will change motives or ability to wear more than one casual outfit though... I think changing things like that will be left to expansions and the add ons will be only object related. Like there is Santa now, but he's probably coded into the cookies, so object related.
I bet that we'll have a vacation style expansion, it was at least mentioned in a survey, and I bet it has weather.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 February 02, 02:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet that we'll have a vacation style expansion, it was at least mentioned in a survey, and I bet it has weather.

Gawd....Vacation was IMO the most boring expansion pack! If it is a future possibility, it would have to be packed with lots of shiny and new stuff to get me to shell out the money for it!

Having said that......weather intrigues me though  Cool

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 February 02, 05:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I loved it. Mostly I thought the souveneirs were cool. Finally the sims had knicknacks, without them being custom objects. I love knicknacks. I also liked the break from the grindstone. While I might not work them as hard as Pescado, my sims do work pretty hard. The ability to get away was a nice change every now and then. I always made sure to win the golden awards and sent everyone postcards.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 February 02, 05:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

expensivenpcs.package eh? can we see a expensivencars.package package soon too? Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 February 02, 07:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

expensivenpcs.package eh? can we see a expensivencars.package package soon too? Smiley
Hell yeah. More expensive private schools and npc's would rock, bills triple their size would rock, and cars that are more expensive for an initial purchase and add to the bill for insurance would get me so happy my toes would tingle.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: