More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:06:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Live in maid?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Live in maid?  (Read 24821 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Live in maid?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 13, 09:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have patience with me, I'm rather vulnerable after reading some replies to my last post Embarrassed

I am also Sorry If I offend anyone I didnt mean too if I did. I am a little peeved myself as I have to move house. Again I am Sorry. Shocked
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 14, 02:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:oHey guys, no;  I wasn't referring to you MM or SJ, you have been really good and helpful, I just started to think to much and get paranoid.  Reflecting now, I think I should have read the posts a bit more thoroughly as a lot of what I needed to know had already been answered.  A lot of game problems I had are all good now, so I'm happy.  Sorry if I sounded off and acc Embarrassedused the innocent. Embarrassed

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 15, 01:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any hacks to make the sims unselectable outside of the use of the boolprop tombstone? I don't like messing around with boolprop if I can avoid it, I am afraid I will accidentally click the wrong menu option and fubar my game (it happens... sigh). I tried merola's painting, the insiminator, and Inge's shrub and none of them seem to have that option (the insiminator will only let you de-select sims that are not part of the household anyway).

And if Danny's NPC's have some sort of conflict with JM's hacks, what hacks are those? The red thing has not worked for me in terms of changing the outfit of an NPC, I always have to move them in- maybe this is why? I can tell it to change the outfit, but I never get any options, and making the NPC selectable and using the red thing to try and buy clothing for them doesn't seem to work either...

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 26, 19:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am completely thrilled with this mod.  No more annoying nannies.  I only use them now when there are only children.  Can't stand for her to have to stand around all day. Thank you so much!!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 26, 22:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sloooow response, sorry. I didn't see your post before Ellatrue. Merola's mirror let me make sims unselectable - but maybe that's because I was using it for sims that didn't live there to start with (same as insim, I guess). For sims I don't want to control, I use Inge's shrub and choose "make me a townie" - that works great for me. I think you may need to leave the house for it to take effect. At least that's what I'm doing in dorms - putting in a townie sim, choosing make me a townie, and then exiting and when I click on the dorm again, there are no controllable sims there.

As far as clothes with Danny's DMA - I *think* that's a feature, that you aren't supposed to be able to choose different outfits for them and the ones they come with are not selectable by other sims. There are some more clothing sets up with the "full" (pay) versions. Maybe I misread the RTFM but I haven't tried to change their clothing as that's what I understood. I haven't found any conflicts between DMA and Pescado's hacks - yet (never say never).

Maybe not much help, but hope it's a little.

Unsouper
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 26, 22:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant using it to change the clothing of the townies, actually.

do you mean that I should move in a sim, make it a townie, then move other sims in, and it will never leave the lot?

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 26, 23:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh to change townie clothes I think you have to make them selectable, make sure there's a dresser that has different outfits in it (buy some if there aren't any), change their clothes and then make them townies again. I believe the issue there is that trying to change their clothes when they don't own any (if I'm understanding correctly) or don't recognize they do. I haven't done that with the DMA controller - I use Merola's mind-control mirror and it works so well I haven't tried anything else. (Hm, that is what you were trying and not Merola's painting, yes? The one that allows you to select otherwise unselectable sims.)

I'm not quite sure I'm following about never leaving the lot. When I used Inge's bush to make them townies, they can leave the lot just as any other townie can. They can be invited to another house or appear on a community lot. I'm not sure anything would prevent that, or at least don't know how to do it. I know at least in a dorm if you move the sim in and then make him/her a townie, they'll live there - if it doesn't work in a house, try a myne door and having the sim claim it before you make them a townie?

Maybe someone else understands better and/or has a better suggestion :) <wants to be more helpful than she really is>

Unsouper
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 26, 23:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado has enough hacks out to make your own maid.  Here are the steps that I would take.

1. Make maid, preferrably as maid outfits go, and combine him/her with the lazy family.
2. Build her some living quarters. (But if you want to go Pescado, just plop them in a hole at night.)
3. Add the Somnic Sleepclocka dn set at an early time, like 5 or 6.
4. Use Macrotastics to makeher clean/garden, or whatever.
5. Lather, rinse, and repeat.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 27, 16:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado has enough hacks out to make your own maid.  Here are the steps that I would take.

1. Make maid, preferrably as maid outfits go, and combine him/her with the lazy family.
2. Build her some living quarters. (But if you want to go Pescado, just plop them in a hole at night.)

Hmm. I wonder . . . would it be possible to create a modified Power Idle, something like "Auto Upkeep" where once the sim had maxed out its mood it would run through the clean/garden/render unto ceasar/etc. type macros? Hmm. And then, if it would be possible to set it so that the "Power Idle" mood upkeep part only used the objects in one section of the house (the maid's quarters) but the cleaning and such functions applied to the entire house, it would be possible to create a live in housekeeper with only Macro's and maybe some variant on the APO object. No fiddling with NPC related code.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 28, 07:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only there. ...

The intent is obviously sarcastic—the speaker is really saying, "As if there was something in the world that I care less about". ...

There's a close link between the stress pattern of I could care less and the kind that appears in certain sarcastic or self-deprecatory phrases that are associated with the Yiddish heritage and (especially) New York Jewish speech. Perhaps the best known is I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often "I have no hope of being so lucky", a closely similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning. ...

And because it is hard to be sarcastic in writing, it loses its force when put on paper and just ends up looking stupid. In such cases, the older form, while still rather colloquial, at least will communicate your meaning—at least to those who really could care less.

I actually like the sarcastic version. Of course, it's a colloquialism we use a lot in Kentucky and I hear the inflection when I read the words. The rest of the (short) article is interesting as well.

<has nothing on-topic to say>

Edit: dumb typo

That's very interesting!  Out here in good old Idaho practically everyone says 'I could care less' which has always driven me nuts because there's absolutely NO inflection with it to make it sound sarcastic.  I never even knew it was supposed to be sarcastic so have always said "I couldn't care less"  because the other made absolutely no sense to me and has always rankled me.

Funny thing that Yiddish, though.  My DH has Yiddish ancestry and once in a while it comes up in his speech, although not so much in phrases as in pronunciation.  I used to just scratch my head in wonder--now I just chuckle.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 28, 08:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha! I live in Idaho as well Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 28, 17:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering??? Bella had a baby on the last day that she could and she got the short end of the stick in her elder age and I don't want to play them cause I'm afraid that they will die before the child is a teen.  They have the live in maid and nanny--so I'm thinking that the social worker shouldn't take her cause she isn't theoretically alone??  I guess I'll not save if it doesn't work.  Interesting idea??  You would be able to kill off the adults and not lose the children.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 January 28, 18:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you have Lobonanny, the child would be better off being taken by the Sociopath Worker.

I think it would work, so long as the money doesn't run out.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 January 28, 19:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Process Denied, if you have Inges "teleporter plus" then you could teleport the kid to another lot so it could grow up with a "foster family"

If you save often then you can arrange to teleport the kid just before Bella dies.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 January 30, 02:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I want to keep the child in the house is that it will probably only be for a day.  Alex was fine by himself as a teen.  They go to Uni after they reach the top of their career and it is usually only a couple of days--give or take for days off.  I had Cassie come over every night to keep him company.  maybe I'll extend their lives till she is a teen cause she has a fear of a reletive dieing and they usually lose that when they're a teen(or less they're family). 
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 January 31, 16:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I wonder . . . would it be possible to create a modified Power Idle, something like "Auto Upkeep" where once the sim had maxed out its mood it would run through the clean/garden/render unto ceasar/etc. type macros? Hmm. And then, if it would be possible to set it so that the "Power Idle" mood upkeep part only used the objects in one section of the house (the maid's quarters) but the cleaning and such functions applied to the entire house, it would be possible to create a live in housekeeper with only Macro's and maybe some variant on the APO object. No fiddling with NPC related code.

That would be really neat, but how to make them unly use the objects in one part of the house?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: