More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 05:42:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Object Data? SimPE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Object Data? SimPE?  (Read 3708 times)
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Object Data? SimPE?
« on: 2005 December 29, 15:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm Im trying to do things on SimPE like change the amount of fun someone has on one object?
I don't reqally know how but Im on plugin and it has a list of things with all thease numbers etc down the side in a kind of grid:

Is there anywhere where I can get a kind of code for what these numbers etc means? I know 0X1f can mean another number for like the careers etc. But Im confused I want to make it so it as more fun effect to it etc.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Object Data? SimPE?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 29, 15:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid that won't do you any good.  Those values are merely what you see in the catalogue and do not affect the real amount of fun a sim gets.  For that you'd have to edit a BCON resource or a BHAV, and that varies from one object to the next so I couldn't give you a general rule to work to.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 29, 15:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lmao, I suck soooo badly, I cant even clone objects good lord I suck...  Roll Eyes
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 29, 15:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lmao, I suck soooo badly, I cant even clone objects good lord I suck...  Roll Eyes

Yeah - but you're not as bad as me. I haven't even figured out how to clone objects.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 29, 15:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither have I, I tried it with a tutorial and It took me about 2 hours and it sdidnt work after... the most I can do is move girls clothes to boys,

Buyt basically Inge, what I was gunna try and do was to modify one of the flamingo's (Flamingos de Feliz) so that all it would o would be to keep social up but everything else so that it only tops it up if theyre about to faint or die or something so I could get onwith it and theyd be a bad move but not dead ...  Shocked
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 29, 16:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try JWoods Object creation tutorial on MTS2? Its about the easiest to follow, if you use the classic gui in SimPe. His tutorial is clear and concise, try it, print it out set it next to you and see if you cant make a new object. (Of course you will need a 3d program like Milkshape or something)

As far as straight cloning, there are only two reasons to clone an object, hacking it and making something new (new mesh based on original as stated above). Hacking is a whole different animal and even though its not extremely difficult it can be messy and you can break stuff. Meshing is fairly simple once you have the hang of it unless you have to deal with anims like on beds etc. Cloned objects that are not meant to override the original must have a new guid. I always say its best to begin with recolors, get that down so that you know it forwards and backwards because it will help you when you move on to making a new object and need to UV map it and give it texture. Once you understand making new objects you can move on to hacking them and anims.

Good luck.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 29, 18:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried looking but Im trying to HACK the object kinmd of Im trying to get the fun up.

I went on one of JWoods Tutorial it didnt say how to up the energy or mtovies at all..

Do you know how I could? ciould you post a link please?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 29, 18:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 has a lot of tutorials as does the SimPe site, Inge as simlogical also has some links and advice so you might want to check there as well. I cant open any of those sites right now so you would just have to look around, there are literally hundreds of tutorials out there, but I think your best bet would be to go to to ambertation:

http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=198

The very first on the list is how to max fun on a pc so that might help you out, since the methodology is the same.

And you can always ask for help there as well
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewforum.php?f=2
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 29, 19:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: