More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 06, 12:13:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  just got nl and need help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just got nl and need help  (Read 4280 times)
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
just got nl and need help
« on: 2005 December 27, 05:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everyone,

Ok,   I just bought NL and installed it and I know somewhere in the site there is an answer to my problem but lord knows I looked and it has to be way back in the stack somewhere and cant find it...
The final Clock dont seem to work on nl... so is there anything usable for changing the LTW ... I hate some of them that pop up for the sims... and is there anything to stop the clock for the college sims so you have time to play with them a bit in college?  

A fellow simmer says thank you so much for help.

Brenda
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: just got nl and need help
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 27, 05:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the college clock, found here, is listed in the NL MoreAwesomeThanYou.zip Director's Cut, so I would assume it works with NL.

For changing LTW's, you can also use the College Adjuster, or the Lot Debugger.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 27, 05:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the college clock for ages with no problems.

Zephyr Zodiac
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 27, 14:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok I will try putting it back into my game and try again.  I kept getting this saying that it was disabled and thought it was corrupting my game because I couldnt get one of my families to load , but discovered they still wont load even when the clock was taken out .. so maybe it is just that family that is corrupted ...
Thank you so much for the help.. I love the college clock and hated to lose it.  its about the only cheat I use and mostly use it for uni....

your help is much appriciated ,, ty

fellow simmer,
Brenda
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 27, 14:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't get a family to load, it may be due to them having the extra want slots.  If so, you will almost certainly have to put them into the families bin and then reload them, maybe more than once.  What happens is that one of them will not roll the wants properly, they all lose the extra slots, and the affected sim rolls blank wants.  Once they are no longer frozen, though, you can generally get the wants to roll again when they wake up in the morning.

Zephyr Zodiac
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 27, 14:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much ,, that helps me alot to know what to do with that family ,, I didnt know if I would have to delete them or keep trying to put them back into the game...

thanks again.
Brenda
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 27, 15:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept getting this saying that it was disabled

With NL, you can choose to have your custom content "loaded" or not - that is a new screen that everyone gets. If you have "disabled" checked, none of your hacks and cc will work in your game. The game installs with the default set to disabled. You have to change it to "enabled", save, exit the game and reboot the computer. If you don't reboot, the change from disabled to enabled will not take effect.

Possibly, you have some cc on the lot that can't load because you have the cc disabled? I also had a couple of families that were problems right after I installed NL. For me, I could get the sims by moving them to the family bin and then moving them into another lot. The two lots that were effected for me had to be bulldozed (after I moved the families out).
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 27, 17:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you simmiecal... Now I understand why the clock wont work... I will put it back in and then reboot my machine ,, I pray its there, I use it all the time to get my kids through college faster...  I also like to have a little fun while they are in college too... they dont have kids to worry about , or job , or skill levels and you can flirt yet without having your spouse crazy mad at you ,, lolol....

Thanks again,
Brenda
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 28, 00:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had to reboot to change from disabled to enabled.  Merely, if you haven't changed to enabled before you open your game, you do need to exit and reload the game to see the option.  You can't change it while you're in game.

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 28, 01:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had to reboot to change from disabled to enabled.  Merely, if you haven't changed to enabled before you open your game, you do need to exit and reload the game to see the option.  You can't change it while you're in game.

How would you enable it outside of the game?  Huh The screen indicates that you need to reboot inorder for the changes to take effect.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 28, 03:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By game I meant the Neighbourhood screen, to me opening my game is not the same as loading it.  I know, though, that I didn't have to reboot.

Zephyr Zodiac
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 28, 06:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Everyone,

With all your help I was able to get my clock working again ,, and I thank you all so very much.  You all are great and I appriciate all of you...

Thanks again ,

Brenda
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: