More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:27:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  autonomous behavior hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: autonomous behavior hack  (Read 9206 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
autonomous behavior hack
« on: 2005 December 21, 17:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for a hack that will cause autonmous actions to NOT be dropped when an order is queued.  For example:  the sim is autonomously taking out the trach and you order them to clean up dishes (whatever) and they just drop the trash where they stand. I'm looking for something that will allow them to complete the task at hand BEFORE going on the queued one.  If I want the autonomous action stopped, I can still X it.  Does anyone know if such a hack exists?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: autonomous behavior hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 21, 18:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, but please let us know if you find one.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 21, 21:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no way to do a global hack for this, it has to be done on a per interaction basis. Pescado's Macrotastics works for this, just have them 'concentrate' on the interaction that you want them to complete before giving them user directed orders.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 21, 21:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks, twojeffs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 22, 19:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoy s me how they've changed the go to work instruction so they go to the toilet and then off to work without their shower, or start to wash up, then drop the dishes on the floor!  But they'll carry on eating and talking until they miss the car pool or the bus!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 22, 19:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It look likes they change the programming and make it the same way they did it for college students.  The "go to class" or "final exam" action will queu-up by itself right after the action your Sim is doing and will push any other queud action after.  It is like that for all the Sims now.  I also found it annoying and I tend to cancel the "go to work" action and make them take a shower then they go to work.

As for the never ending talking at the dinner table, did you try JM "No Eat Crap II" or Crammyboy "Eat more talk less" hack? It works great!  Now my Sims are never late for work or school unless I make them be late.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 22, 19:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, there are times I like them to chat at the table, fills their social bar up and they get comfort if they need it badly, and I can always queue something else if I want, so I'd prefer not to have the "eat more talk less" mod installed.

It does look as if they've simply used the one set of coding for both Uni and NL, and I know I can cancel the go to work and let them complete the queue first, but if there are several sims all going out at the same time, it means pausing the game!  And since I usually only queue enough tasks to complete easily before they make themselves late, it justs annoys me!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 22, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh try it, you will see they still talk plenty at the table.  They will talk less if you queu up an action to do after they eat, so they talk and talk and if the work icon or school icon appears in the queu they talk way less and don't leave late for work.  That hack make it so it is more like it was before Nightlife but it is not like they would eat like beast.

I personnally use JM one's.  Give it a shot, I strongly recommend it, you can always take it out if you don't like it after all.  Grin

And yes in houses with more than 3 Sims it is a lot of management and pausing to get that one Sim to take a shower before it leaves for work.  Would be nice if there could be a way to fix that.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 22, 19:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes they still talk plenty with JMP's mod, way plenty, however if some other need is pressing they do talk less rather than put themselves into desperation talking instead.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 22, 23:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, I might give it a try.   already have the noeatcrap, though, I wouldn't be without that, and I've had it from when it first appeared!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 24, 02:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you will need to remove the noeatcrap and replace it with the one since it does the same thing with extra shiny stuff.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 24, 10:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether I have already done that.  I'll have to check.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 24, 14:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Eat Crap was updated recently to account for the behaviors of Cheese sims. You may want to get the newest shiniest one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 24, 14:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking about this the other day as well. What I'd like is locks for the action bar like the ones for the wants, so if they queue up something I want them to do, I can lock it and add more actions behind it rather than adding that one again (or losing it altogether in some cases) and then adding more.

Adds it to my Maxis wishlist - too bad they don't pay any attention to what people want.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 24, 18:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the thing that annoys me most is how impossible it is to queue anything for a sim coming home in the car until he/she has got out and displayed the "step onto driveway" icon!

Also, how often one tells a sim to go to the loo, and then take a shower, and they lose the first instruction!

JM, I downloaded the new version of noteatcrap, so now my grilled cheese sims can get fat as well as stupid!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 26, 05:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr did you try Crammyboy "less driver watch out" hack.  It should fix that problem.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 26, 05:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm less annoyed by queue dropping than by que reordering. If I tell a sim to "take a shower and then eat two slices of pizza," I DO NOT consider "eat one slice of pizza, shower, eat second slice" to be equivalent!

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 26, 05:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That started with Uni, and now it's proliferated everywhere!

I'll give the No driver watch out" a try, though, thanks Miss Doh, I hadn't realised it did that as well!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 26, 12:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm less annoyed by queue dropping than by que reordering. If I tell a sim to "take a shower and then eat two slices of pizza," I DO NOT consider "eat one slice of pizza, shower, eat second slice" to be equivalent!
I think that has to do with the way the pizzabox interaction pushes its corresponding pizza slice interaction: It gets pushed presumably as a regular action, not a continuation, so it gets added to the end of the queue.

This is really more easily resolved by choosing "Macro.../Eat".

Your sim will then eat as many slices as he can expect to handle without exploding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 26, 12:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actions dropping from que make me batty, and it happens quite often post NL.  Thank heavens for the "no watch out" hack...I only played NL a day without it and nearly threw the computer across the room.

Oh my God, a driveway!!  A driveway!   This could be dangerous, let's all freak out!  (but we'll play kicky bag and red hands in the middle of the road without worrying)

Anyway, the more grouchy I get about que actions dropping, the more I lean on Macrotastics and the Skillinator.  Saves sanity, what little I have left, although it would be nice if the reason for what appears to be random (or just highly illogical) action dropping could be fixed up.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 26, 12:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could understand the worrying about driveways if a sim had EVER been run over!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 26, 14:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, the more grouchy I get about que actions dropping, the more I lean on Macrotastics and the Skillinator.  Saves sanity, what little I have left, although it would be nice if the reason for what appears to be random (or just highly illogical) action dropping could be fixed up.
You should. It's awesome. As the encapsulated essence of me, it is naturally awesome. Using it is like witnessing my manifest awesomeness at work in your game, pushing your sims around and telling them what to be doing instead of stupid shit. It is only natural that it is more awesome than you.

Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 26, 14:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, your head is getting bigger by the second. Wink
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 26, 14:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should. It's awesome. As the encapsulated essence of me, it is naturally awesome. Using it is like witnessing my manifest awesomeness at work in your game, pushing your sims around and telling them what to be doing instead of stupid shit. It is only natural that it is more awesome than you.

Grin

I'm afraid that being more awesome than I am isn't much of a challenge for One as Awesome as You.   I'll work on that.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 26, 18:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously awesomeness and modesty do not go hand-in-hand!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: