More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 07:30:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early  (Read 19010 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 28, 14:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well not for nannies specifically, no (although they could have done with one), I was referring to the general patch. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 28, 16:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well not for nannies specifically, no (although they could have done with one), I was referring to the general patch. 
lemme see post patch I gained toddlers being fed smart milk in their high chairs.still have stuck nannies and derelict nannies and the creme de lcreme of what gets stuck and doesnt always work right School Buses they come by at 3 p.m with the kids .I get the Icon get off the bus and the school bus fails to let the kids off then gets stuck.one night it was 7 p.m. sim time and the kids still wereent brought home from school and didnt show up until I teleported them in and moved the family out not easy when its 13 sims you are moving. this family moved in out 6 times before I finally just destoryed the lot put a new lot elsewhere and moved them in. so far no stuck school buses or carpools. but the derelict nanny is by far the worst issue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 28, 17:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangelnuts, your other toddler is equally lovely!

Speaking of toddlers, I have noticed after installing the NL patch a while back that my toddlers have been getting really strange "wants". They want to buy a car and buy clothes! I've had the occasional baby have the want to buy a shrub, but toddler's wanting a car? Too weird. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 28, 17:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of toddlers, I have noticed after installing the NL patch a while back that my toddlers have been getting really strange "wants". They want to buy a car and buy clothes! I've had the occasional baby have the want to buy a shrub, but toddler's wanting a car? Too weird. Undecided

Well, he's got places to be, people to see.  It's a dog-eat-dog world out there for the average toddler, dont'cha know?  Wink
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 28, 17:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he's got places to be, people to see.  It's a dog-eat-dog world out there for the average toddler, dont'cha know?  Wink

Grin Now I have an image of a toddler sittting on phonebooks tooling around town in a sports car.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 28, 17:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you.and those are strange wants.speaking of goodlooking toddlers this couple Just had twin girls.the Female is one of Brynne's sims the male is  a Sim I created . Im thinking their Twins should be super cute as toddlers.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
lady shay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 28, 18:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got her hair from pronusims.

Anyone have the full url for that site? I did a web search but the search engine has no idea what I'm talking about.

Visit my Sims fan site, please, currently 0 visitors. http://www.freewebs.com/ladytshay/index.htm
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 28, 18:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got her hair from pronusims.

Anyone have the full url for that site? I did a web search but the search engine has no idea what I'm talking about.

http://www.pronupsims.net/

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 28, 21:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This my personal observation about the nanny problem.

Actually it has been like that since Sims 2 (for the 2 nannies on the lot) and new to Nightlife for the leaving early problem.

The nanny seems to be aware when a Sim will have a promotion and quits earlier because of that since the next day, if my Sim do not have another promotion, the nanny follows the new working hours.  Another observation, after the nanny left early and the Sim came back from work, got the message about the promotion it is then only that I see another nanny appearing on the lot.  I dismiss her and the next day only one nanny comes following the normal hours until the Sim will have another promotion... *sigh*

So it seems to be related with the promotions in my case.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 28, 21:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting this problem where when my sim gets a promotion lets say that causes her work schedule to change from arriving home at 4 to getting home around 11, another nanny will arrive on the lot. So now I have two insane old women fighting over waking up a sleeping baby in order to harass it. Nannies are bugged, and that's what we have buyable fire for.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 28, 22:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting this problem where when my sim gets a promotion lets say that causes her work schedule to change from arriving home at 4 to getting home around 11, another nanny will arrive on the lot. So now I have two insane old women fighting over waking up a sleeping baby in order to harass it. Nannies are bugged, and that's what we have buyable fire for.
ive had that peoblem  I simply dissmiss the extra nanny

Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 28, 22:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do. But the next day they both show up. Its just a weird glitch. Its not terribly annoying in comparison to some of the other problems I've had in the game. Usually I'll just have whatever adult is around dismiss the nanny. The odd thing is they come right back. I just thought it was ironic that some people have a problem getting them to stay, and I can't seem to get rid of them.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 28, 22:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In all the families I've had so far in Nightlife, I've been really fortunate that the parents work schedules are just varied enough that the childcare is always covered.

For the few times where there is a little overlap, hiring a nanny "just for now" seems to be working, and they're even taking care of the kids and cleaning the house. 

*knocks on wood*
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 28, 23:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In all the families I've had so far in Nightlife, I've been really fortunate that the parents work schedules are just varied enough that the childcare is always covered.

For the few times where there is a little overlap, hiring a nanny "just for now" seems to be working, and they're even taking care of the kids and cleaning the house. 

*knocks on wood*
I'm Lucky with the couple shown singing Karaoke that theyr'e twin babies wont need a nanny as they have different work schedules. Daddy is a celebrity Chef and Perma plat .Mommy which is one of Brynne's sims is a coach and perma plat she was a celebrity chef but her second LTW is to be a hall of famer.  Daddy is ready to go permaplat the second time as well .mommy will go perma plat the second time with her next promotion.I dont want those babies nabbed by the social worker either due to a derelict Nanny.My Main Family turns out some gorgeous kids and I want those kuds growing up with their rightful families not some ugly townie's house.my supporting families turn ot some really adorable kids as well.and I want those kids with their rightful parents as well.little Janet is the toddler that was nabbed and returned via the shrub is a child produced by My main Family Patriarch's youngest Daughter and Sean Tricou a member of the mysterious Tricou Family which is supporting family to my main family.There are no ugly towniies in my neighborhood that are allowed  to marry into my families. Poor Don Lothario though was innocently baking  a lemon pie when the first  2 unwanted babies arrived on his back doorstep He adopted the derelict Nannies twins with Kennedy Cox. the sweetest part of my revenge is that she never even got to know these were her babies and they only Recognize Don as their parent. and Don had to call a nanny and got assigned the derelict nanny . so she has to take care of her own kids but doesnt get to keep them Grin

auriaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 25, 00:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there, I didn't see where anyone ever posted any response about the original problem.

I finally got NL and just came in here to update all my old hacks.  All I have are Pescado's with the single exception of Merola's mirror.

Yesterday, after finishing up everything including the patch, when I had my poor single mom call the nanny before leaving for work on Saturday while her child was home, Nanny showed up, Mom went to work, Nanny promptly left.  I managed to keep them going by having Becca called the Nanny herself every time she left, but ick.

Nanny would usually stay about 1/2 hour of game time before leaving, and often wouldn't even come in the house.  She'd enter the yard, view the flamingo, then the van would come back and she'd go.

I used Merola's mirror to peek into her head, and I was getting the van icon to replace whatever autonomous activities she thought of doing, after just a couple seconds.  I tried clicking it off each time, but I couldn't keep up with it.

I disabled ALL custom content using the EA feature in the game startup, and that fixed it, so then I knew it was indeed something of my downloads.

I came here and saw this post, but no answers on what was up.

So, today, refreshed, I went in and carefully put ALL my hacks in a single folder (which I had never done - everything was a mishmash in "Downloads").  I tried to make folders a while back for hair, clothing, etc, but I don't know how to do that easily, and I am a Sim fashion addict. I have HUNDREDS of custom clothes, hair, eyes, etc.

Then I started up the game

To my surprise, my OLD (4/05) Lobonanny.package had snuck into one of the few folders I had set up - it was tucked in the middle of my clothing file.  It appeared in the top window of the startup custom content information.

I deleted that, started up again, game was fine.

Then I put back my hack folder a section at a time.  NO problems.  Including the new (7/05) lobonanny.package.

So I think what happened for me was I had both Lobonannies visible to the game, and it was conflicting.

Hope that helps you.

Laura
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 25, 15:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the lobonanny package in my game.  I ran a search on my Downloads and all its sub-folders just to be certain.  And yet I still had that incident of the nanny leaving early.
auriaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 26, 01:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh!

I thought the double file was it, but it was not.

Today I noticed while playing that I didn't have autoyak anymore, so I re-installed the 7/31 version into my game.

Then the Nanny wasn't showing up at all, or was showing up and leaving, and so on.  Also it wasn't showing me enemies or family, just friends in the call options.

SO I just took it back out and we'll see.

It doesn't say it's NL compatible, so I should have known better I guess.

If it isn't that, the only other difference for the family I was playing is that I just bought that family a car, and Dad who is the one whose schedule is being tracked is the one who "owns" the car.  Could the non-appearance of a car pool be the problem?

Laura
auriaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 27, 06:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems it was the Autoyak.package.

I had completely forgotten that in my original removal of 'all hacks' I decided I didn't need that one and totally deleted it, so it was the ONE file (of course) that I didn't put back in.

So yeah, for me at least taking it back out fixed the problem.

Laura
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 27, 16:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have autoyak either.  Hmmm... I wonder if the problem could result from multiple sources?   Huh
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 27, 21:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have autoyack, and I've never had any problems with the nannies (other than incompetence) or the schoolbuses. On the other hand, I don't have lobonanny...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: