More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:34:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Really good ideas...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Really good ideas...  (Read 14290 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Really good ideas...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 13, 01:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I think money sims are fun--that is UNTIL they roll that want which needs to result in buying a bowling alley! LOL  I even love their 'buy a tree' wants!  A lot of times I get busy playing and forget about landscaping, so this jogs my memory.

I've gone at times with sticking things in inventory, too, and if a sim rolls the want for the same thing again I just take it out and say, 'See?  Here ya go!  You had it all along!'  My sims are soooo absent-minded!

At any rate, I think this is an awesome idea!  I was wondering why folks who can make things don't make more expensive items.  I mean, sure, it's nice for poor sims to be able to have some nicer-looking furnishings but in my opinion, it kind of cheapens making my sims work their butts off for money when they can buy the good stuff from the get-go.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 13, 02:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, romance sims can be trained, so why not fortune?  (I have a romance sim female in one game who got pregnant (she already had two CAS kids with hubby) and nevre rolled any of the fears of having a baby, and unlike family sims, she had no problem at all with diapers.  And she's a splendid mum!)

And I have another romance sim (elder) who keeps rolling the Get a grandchild want!

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 13, 04:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, romance sims can be trained, so why not fortune?  (I have a romance sim female in one game who got pregnant (she already had two CAS kids with hubby) and nevre rolled any of the fears of having a baby, and unlike family sims, she had no problem at all with diapers.  And she's a splendid mum!)

You know, I've never had these problems with family sims that other people report. In my game, they're all obsessed with their spouses and children. They always have wants about their relatives, and their fears are always their favorites dying. The only sims I've ever had roll the fear of diaper-changing were romance or fortune. (Overall, I think fortune sims might make the worst parents. Maybe pleasure sims, but I don't have NL yet.)

Is it just me, or does every single thread eventually have a mention of family vs romance in terms of taking care of children?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 13, 04:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this was mentioned further up in the thread, but buying stuff and putting it in inventory doesn't work.  It's like they don't know they have the item and they just want to buy it again.  I've had this problem with some of my pleasure sims.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 13, 05:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my pleasure sims Ive had that problem with inventory .I havent tried inventory with fortune sims

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 13, 07:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this was mentioned further up in the thread, but buying stuff and putting it in inventory doesn't work.  It's like they don't know they have the item and they just want to buy it again.  I've had this problem with some of my pleasure sims.

*nods*

Yeah, but it "works" well enough for my purposes, the way I play.  I like to keep the aspiration meter as high as possible, and I don't like leaving much cash in the bank. (I always play chance cards but only had to have my bank account wiped one time from a bad $20,000 card to know that I didn't want to leave much $ in there.)

Don't remember how many days...is it two or three....after you buy an item for a want you can sell it again without losing the points.  I "invest" their money in non (or little) depreciating/possibly appreciating items, rather the $$  in the bank .  If it fills a want, mores the better, even if the want rolls again quickly.  If the thing is too dang bulky, it goes in inventory until I need to sell it because we need to buy something else.

Also, I believe that regular items don't depreciate in inventory (nor art appreciate.)  I hope someone corrects me if their experience is different.  So, if I need to buy something to break a block of 6 wants I can't or don't want to fulfill, I put it in inventory and at least it doesn't lose money when I sell it a few days later.

Heard enough problems about inventory that I use it cautiously, just as a "safe deposit box" while on the lot...haven't tried to use it while moving Sims.

eaglezero wrote:

Is it just me, or does every single thread eventually have a mention of family vs romance in terms of taking care of children?

Yes and *stamps foot* more than a couple have me defending Fortune Sims (who are not bad parents at all!). Cheesy

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 13, 08:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've learnt in real life is that just because I want something, doesn't mean I can have it. Same goes for my sims. They want a bowling alley? Hard luck! DJ booth? Think again simmy!  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 13, 13:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the Inventory puts price-depreciation on hold.  I find it useful for putting all those ugly aspiration and career items in when they aren't needed.  My fortune sims just have to learn to live without that expensive painting!  (Unless it's a wall cabinet which matches their kitchen or something like that!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 13, 16:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish that when kids transitiion to teens the game rolled their Aspiration and Turn-ons/off.  The chance element would make it more interesting, and the renuyu-senso-orb should be a lot more expensive so changing either has a bit of a challenge to it.

It would be cool to have that option available, but Maxian "randomness" being what it is *cough firstborn effect cough* means it probably wouldn't be all that random...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 13, 18:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, and I know TJ's mod allows you to randomize, but whereas for CAS sims I think it's best that we make our sims the way we want them, I think for born-in-game sims, whether from Maxis or CAS parents, the element of surprise would be good, just as we don't get to choose their personality.

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 13, 20:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eaglezero wrote:

Yes and *stamps foot* more than a couple have me defending Fortune Sims (who are not bad parents at all!). Cheesy

I didn't actually mean they were bad parents, I just think that, of the five original aspirations, they're the ones that tend to have the fewest wants pertaining to their children. My sims aren't allowed to be autonomous most of the time ... so they're all pretty much the same in terms of actions, lol. I actually have quite a few fortune sims (more than any other aspiration except knowledge, I think) and most of them are parents.

True, and I know TJ's mod allows you to randomize, but whereas for CAS sims I think it's best that we make our sims the way we want them, I think for born-in-game sims, whether from Maxis or CAS parents, the element of surprise would be good, just as we don't get to choose their personality.

Yeah, born-in-game sims have SO many advantages -- generally by the time mine are done with uni, they have at least 8 points in every skill, and probably have at least ten best friends who aren't related to them, so they're massively ahead of CAS sims.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 13, 20:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish that when kids transitiion to teens the game rolled their Aspiration and Turn-ons/off.  The chance element would make it more interesting, and the renuyu-senso-orb should be a lot more expensive so changing either has a bit of a challenge to it.

I totally agree especially about the renuyu-senso-orb. I was shocked at how cheap it is. As it is, I don't let my Sims change Aspiration except in college. I think I will start rolling a dice for aspirations, will make it more interesting.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 13, 21:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there should be an element of luck in any game, I think, otherwise it just stops being a GAME! 

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 13, 21:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree especially about the renuyu-senso-orb. I was shocked at how cheap it is. As it is, I don't let my Sims change Aspiration except in college. I think I will start rolling a dice for aspirations, will make it more interesting.

In a custom hood I have all my Sims are created according to a roll of a dice based on these features, the only thing I decide is the gender.

1- Haircolor (also inlucde hat or bold option)
2- eye color
3- aspiration
4- zodiac signs
5- skin color
6- special feature like glasses, make-up, beard etc.

I can tell you that since I've been doing this, none of my Sims look the same anymore.  All I have to concentrate on is their face features and the clothes they wear.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 13, 21:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissDoh, that is how I do it too, but I even decide on gender with the dice roll. Odd-female, even-male Grin
I even choose turn ons/off by rolling a dice.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 13, 21:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what Gali roll of dice would look like  Tongue  She seems to have a lot of different custom stuff in her game.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 13, 23:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a custom hood I have all my Sims are created according to a roll of a dice based on these features, the only thing I decide is the gender.

1- Haircolor (also inlucde hat or bold option)
2- eye color
3- aspiration
4- zodiac signs
5- skin color
6- special feature like glasses, make-up, beard etc.

I can tell you that since I've been doing this, none of my Sims look the same anymore.  All I have to concentrate on is their face features and the clothes they wear.

heh, I hadn't thought of doing that except for aspirations. Perfect timing tho! I decided earlier today to start fresh because my sims (and the townies I made to replace the maxis ones) look too much alike :\   hopefully I can get started after my doctors appointment tommorrow!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: