More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:02:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How on earth do you feed a sim to the cow plant?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How on earth do you feed a sim to the cow plant?  (Read 5412 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
How on earth do you feed a sim to the cow plant?
« on: 2005 December 03, 08:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For months I've read where people've been feeding sims to the cow plant.  I know this is a stupid question, but how is it done?

Oh, another question I was wondering about and just thought of is, isn't a college sim supposed to have the ability to write a term paper on their computer?  The mouse-over on the want says to click the computer, choose college>write term paper.  So far, none of my sims have ever had a college option on their computers.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How on earth do you feed a sim to the cow plant?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 03, 08:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the Term Paper - you choose the wrong computer. Choose the LapTop (the small one, black) - it is the one that has the "college" -> "write term paper" option.

Uuggghhh...Put a cow plant in your front yard, and wait for it to open it's mouth, and show a "cake on a stick".
When a passing sim comes close to it and wants to grab the cake (because he is hungry), the cowplant swallows him.
Poor simmie...Smiley.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 03, 08:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to send a teen sim to college in order to have the term paper option appear on the computer.
If they are not in college the option won't show. If you don't have the University Expansion Pack you can't send them to college.

INTJ
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 03, 08:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tip:  Place the cow plant somewhere in you front yard close to where the school bus and carpools stop.  It'll make short work of any friends you bring home.   Grin

Like this for example.

Bye bye Tosha.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 03, 09:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the Term Paper - you choose the wrong computer. Choose the LapTop (the small one, black) - it is the one that has the "college" -> "write term paper" option.

The laptop? I don't think there is a Maxis computer that's a laptop, but both the cheap Moneywell Computer and the pricier Little Sister should have the college options. The Alienware one, I believe, does not have the option.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 03, 09:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one - how do you call it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 03, 10:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd call that a (weird) desktop computer  Grin

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 03, 14:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

isn't a college sim supposed to have the ability to write a term paper on their computer?

All YAs in Uni have that option with the two desktop computers offered for sale in buy mode.  The green/blue/black alien computer made available for download at the Maxis site is for fun only; can't do college term papers on it.  Nor can you contact any college on that computer to apply for scholarships, move to college, etc.

Your Sim has to be a young adult enrolled in Uni to write a term paper.  The computer has to be on a Uni lot to write terms papers.

If your Uni computers aren't working, try replacing the faulty computer with a new one.  Could be one of those infamous odd glitches.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 03, 14:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You Can get a hacked Alienware computer that the college opotions are available from somewhere at the moment cant remember though if asked I will have a look in my d drive to see where it came from.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 03, 18:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, laptop or not, I knew which one you meant. LOL  There's only one in-game PC that looks like it could be a laptop.

My college sims have the cheap Moneywell computer.  Since they brought it from home, I thought perhaps it was an inventory problem so I bought a new one and still the option didn't appear.  I even took them to the library to see if they could use the computers there to no avail (maybe one of the mods in my game is conflicting).  I don't think it makes much difference, though, considering they're having no problems bringing up their class performance.  I've been playing them on a fairly normal time table, then if they max their class performance early (which usually happens with anywhere from 24-48 hours to go before finals) I use Pescado's college timer thingy so they don't have to wait days and days to finish the semester.

Great tips on the cow plant!  I'll have to give it a shot now!  I didn't know the cow plant could 'bait' sims! ROFL  I'm assuming your sims have to not feed it for it to do that?

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 03, 18:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

correct  all ypo have to do is not feed the cowplant for about 24 sim hours and it will lure its victim with the cake

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 03, 19:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Bangelnuts!  I was thinking after first installing Uni, that no doubt the reason there are so many UGLY students, dormies and profs is obviously to entice one to use either the plastic surgery machine or the cow plant.   Cheesy

I downloaded twojeff's 'buyable' rewards pack so have been having a bit of sport with those annoying NPCs that pop onto the lot.  Suppose this cheerleader learned her lesson?  I doubt it!

I'm editing to say that the only thing I did to her was give her a little make-up and a change of hair--hair that I couldn't resist downloading for some odd reason, but have since never been able to convince myself to put on one of my playable sims.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 03, 19:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

correct  all ypo have to do is not feed the cowplant for about 24 sim hours and it will lure its victim with the cake

Be careful when you invite visitors over to a lot that has a "hungry" cowplant.  Any visitor who is not otherwise occupied with interacting with one of your playable Sims will automatically go right for the cowplant, and get eaten so fast you might not even be aware of it until it's too late.  This is also true for coworkers your adult Sims bring home from work.  If they're townies you don't care about, that's one thing, but it can be frustrating to have it happen to one of your playable Sims.

If you want to control things a little more, you can build walls around the cowplant so visitors can't get to it until you take part of the wall away.  I've done this on several of my lots (though of course you can't do it in a dorm without using the boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false cheat).

Karen
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 03, 20:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, laptop or not, I knew which one you meant. LOL  There's only one in-game PC that looks like it could be a laptop.

I just thought she may have mistaken a downloaded laptop for a Maxis computer.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 03, 20:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought she may have mistaken a downloaded laptop for a Maxis computer.

I downloaded only one computer from the exchange - the Alien PC.

All my other computers are genuine Maxis-made...Smiley. I never download computers - much more interested in clothing and hair.

Edit: here is the proof:

« Last Edit: 2005 December 03, 21:20:23 by gali » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: