More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 10:28:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Local schoolbus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Local schoolbus  (Read 3019 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Local schoolbus
« on: 2010 February 18, 20:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Jm's local walkby hack. having the next door neighbors walking by is much more sensible than people from the other side of town. Or further.

I have looked in vain for a hack thaat does the same thing for the schoolbus. My sim kids are constantly wanting to bring home kids from other subhoods. In my part of the world communities have multiple elementary and even high schoools. Kids go to the one in thier neighborhood. I'd really like to have that same setup for my sims. I;ve also noticed that it is always the same two or three kids that they want to bring home with them. If three children are in the family they are likely to all want to bring the same kid home with them. (I use TwoJeffs schoolbus hack to deny permission to bring out of subhood kids home buthey still all ask for th esame kid.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Local schoolbus
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 19, 03:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure Awesomeware already covers this and will therefore conflict with the Jeffistani version. Something like this is definitely in the Director's Cut, don't remember which one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Local schoolbus
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 19, 04:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to TJ:

AL Version Only Compatibility Note: Pescado's alfixes conflicts with school bus/bring friend and my mod must load after alfixes to work.

If there's Awesomeware that actually has the same effect, though, I haven't seen it.

He also says:

I also completely rewrote the code for choosing the sim to bring home.

So your original problem with the game always picking the same sim to bring home is a TwoJeffs issue.  Go bother him about it.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: