More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:59:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Definitive "bad base" list
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Definitive "bad base" list  (Read 5663 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Definitive "bad base" list
« on: 2009 December 05, 18:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, Peter and I have turned the foosball table inside out and there is NO way we can stop objects cloned from it from bluelotting unless we delete all the DDS resources before renumbering.

We want to flag the few objects that cause dodgy clones so users can avoid them.   Please list any you know about here.  I want the base object, not the content that has been made from it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: Definitive "bad base" list
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 05, 21:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't the orchid vase plant considered dodgy also? That is what I read at Custom Sims 3.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 05, 21:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's the orchid vase and the foosball table.  Keep 'em coming Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
olienka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 06, 03:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post implicates the fig tree and the knicknack shelf as well: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB.pl?num=1258836562/21#21
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 06, 03:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Set Baņo (medieval bath set) and Set Cocina (medieval kitchen) by Sims Lulamai have many faulty objects, including functioning mirror, sinks, toilet, and bathtub.

The decos are cloned mostly from:
sculptureKitchenUtensilsCountry
sculpturePlantIvyBallTopiarySmall
CoffeeCup
ClutterTablePerfumes

Non-decos are cloned from:
Bath from BathtubModern
Sinks from SinkPedestalTraditional
Toilet from ToiletModern
wall mirror (sorry, I can't find the file on my computer any more)

I would like to redownload and double check on them one by one, but I can't test for the next couple of days.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 06, 04:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the orchid vase plant, since it is confirmed that it doesn't work with .package files, but Sims3Pack items that show in the catalog next to the orchid vase plant and have the same cost (can't confirm the clone base cause it didn't show when I changed the S3P to .package files and opened with s3pe) did not cause blue/cut out lots in my test hood.

If you care to know what I tested, Shino&KC bathroom parfum and stack of towels.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 06, 08:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that items cloned from the "Kinder Kontainer" cheap cribs are faulty as well.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 06, 15:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And cribs cloned from cribExpensive are fine. What's so different between these two?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 06, 16:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Inge. After reading your thread at MTS, I think I understand the difference between why .package files and Sims3Packs have different outcomes. This is for objects cloned with s3oc, which is used for package files, right?  TSRW uses a different procedure for cloning, if I am comprehending correctly?

Are objects being offered as S3P using the s3oc, or do those objects have to be created using TSRW?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 06, 18:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So many questions, so few answers...

Asking what things are made with won't help an end user.  It needs the creators to avoid those bases in the future and maybe remake things that were made using those bases *if* they used s3oc to do the renumbering.  Editing in s3pe, anything apart from renumbering in s3oc, and renumbering anything apart from a list of objects (list still being added to) is ok.

Some people have complained about bluelotting with TSRW made objects, but this could be because they have attempted to reuse an object already badly renumbered in s3oc.   Or, as I am still ignorant of what the problem is, maybe TSRW is right for some objects and wrong for others and they are not the same ones.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 06, 18:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I understand now. I will continue to test everything before using in my game.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 06, 19:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the final output (.package file or .sim3pack) is to blame. I have extracted most of my store items as .package placed them in mods folder, not causing any blue lots.

Some people have complained about bluelotting with TSRW made objects, but this could be because they have attempted to reuse an object already badly renumbered in s3oc.
Some TSR creators copy/modify things other creators have made, so I don't think anyone should assume a TSRW stamped download is safe by default until more is known about this problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: