More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:30:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim 3 Patch Notes Realeased 1.5/1.6 verison
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim 3 Patch Notes Realeased 1.5/1.6 verison  (Read 17749 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Sim 3 Patch Notes Realeased 1.5/1.6 verison
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 19, 06:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, I had hoped it was more stable than before, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I almost never get a CTD... it does happen on very rare occasions, but are very few and far between.  However, just a half hour with 1.6.6 and sure enough, I get a CTD.  It seems a wee bit slower than before, and maybe I'm imagining it, but I think my CPU fan is also running louder than before while playing the game.

One thing I found strange, it said a burglar was on my lot.  A dialog popped up saying to "Move camera to burglar" (or something like that, I paraphrase).  It took me to a different house that was being broken into which was not the active household.  It was playing the burglar music and everything.  I've never seen that happen before.

Saw something about burglars spawning in one of the various threads as well.  Here's one of them:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17244.msg500200.html#msg500200.  Pescado said something about not using your old saved games until AwesomeMod is again compatible with the patch and WA.  New games should not be affected.  So, if the game you were playing when this happened was one from before the patch/expansion, this might be the cause.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 19, 18:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, that could have had something to do with me having used Awesomemod before on my game, but I hadn't been using it for awhile.  Fortunately, the burglar thing was a one-time event.  However, this patch did make my game terribly unstable.  The CTD after half an hour was just the beginning.  I decided to play it 45 more minutes afterwards, and the last time it tried to save, it appeared to be saving, but the spinning wheels never quit.  I was headed to bed anyway and had a download going, so I left the game in that state, wondering if maybe it was just a really long save. 6hrs later after I got up, it was still in that state.  I've had this happen before, twice since May so it occurred few and far between.  However, suddenly it happens right after patching?  It seems more than just coincidence, I think this patch is just super craptastic.  It's a shame, some of the fixes and enhancements seem nice.  In fact, the radio works now, and it almost never worked before.  Lots of little things fixed, but they didn't seem to address the important things that needed to be fixed: instability, errors, and random crashes.  Those are still there, and for me, are much worse than before.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 20, 19:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims no longer have any skills, their bookshelves are empty, and they can no longer buy skill related books.  On top of THAT, the majority of my sims are stuck inside whatever piece of furniture they were occupying when the game was last saved. Since I just bought WA and went thru patch Hell, I don't know if it's Patch or game related.

The skill thing happens on new games, so I know it's not part of the save-bug.  Has anyone seen a work around?  Since I enjoy Sim murder, I don't mind wiping the whole thing out.

UPDATE:  OK, my brain's a bit slower than usual, I should have tried this first.  I wiped out all of my save files and forced the game to create a brand new neighborhood.  I opened an existing lot, walked the sim around, saved and relaunched.  It appears to be working.  I should have gone into coding.  Then, everyone expects you to fuck up and you even get paid for it.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 19:55:36 by FFR » Logged

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: