More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 01:59:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Beach Themed Hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Beach Themed Hood  (Read 10732 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Beach Themed Hood
« on: 2005 November 11, 07:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rant: the beach theme neighborhood objects suck: Ok now that is out of my system.  Has anyone made a whole hood just for beach themed lots like a vacation type hood. That is what i'm working on now as a downtown and i am seriously lacking inspiration. Any advice.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Beach Themed Hood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 08:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I want a seaside-type town, I use the 'sample' neighbourhood. That is all I know Grin I'd love to see yours when it is done though, I love looking at neighbourhood pics!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 08:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what are beach themed objects? I haven't seen anything about those.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 10:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol the desert sand and a palm tree thats it grrrr

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 11:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.  Roll Eyes

I've seen beach umbrellas - or patio ones anyway - plus a bunch of nice patio type furniture. You could use those as beach themed things.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 11:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol the desert sand and a palm tree thats it grrrr

There are also wave things you can have in the water. That makes waves. Yeah Grin

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 11:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean just neighborhood objects?

There's a fair amount of patio/outdoor tables, umbrellas, sand toys (castle, shovel), wiki lights, coolers and stuff like that for the houses. A pretty nice little hotdog stand. There's also some trees that have been recolored (I've got a smaller palm tree and a couple of others of that nature - I could look up where the stuff came from this evening when I get home if you like. TSR did a beach theme so there's stuff there but most of it hasn't been in the free rotation yet - tho some has.) I dunno about neighborhood stuff tho.

I've been wanting to do a pier and boardwalk for ages and have been collecting. I even tried once or twice to get someone to make some stuff for me, but didn't get any interest. I think it would be possible to use existing animations to do more "games", like a penny toss and all and would be fun.

Unsouper
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 12, 11:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyclonesue has a nice beach-themed Community Lot on TSR, complete with swimmable ocean.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 12, 12:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smaller palm trees are from Jendea2, There are some wonderful patio sets and outdoor plants including some that could be part of a promenade at 4Eversimfantasy and Mango Sims, Eternal echo has a Jumping castle and Hairfish (Mermaid cove) has some nice groundcovers if you still risk them.  I'm afraid I have yet to see a Punch and Judy for Sims2, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 12, 13:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid I have yet to see a Punch and Judy for Sims2, though!

hm, I've not seen one either, but I do have the Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington recolor and when they "talk through" the dolls it looks rather like a puppet show... that could be set-up like a home business, just needs a building and doll recolors (or using those for the right themed ones) and they could charge to give little puppet shows. What a great idea! Thanks!!! Smiley

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 12, 13:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a great P&J for sims1!

Thought - I wonder if anyone's made a Fishing Pier for sims2?

Another thought - how about using the decking to build out over the water and make an oldfashioned style seaside pier with a glassed-in octagon at the end with comfy seats, and make a section full of fruit machines and pinball tables.  No swing-boats or the sort that swing round over the water, but ordinary swings would look good.  You could make a pool room, a bar and a poker room (adults only), toilets and baby changing facilities, plus a snack bar, and charge for admittance to the pier.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 12, 13:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he - sounds like you need to be making a boardwalk Smiley

Wonderful, fun ideas - starts taking notes and goes off on another tangent in this game... then, it's an old tangent with renewed interest so fair enough... maybe I can combine some of these.

Are you in Europe? I'm just wondering because it sounds like you've seen some very different kinds of things - but then, I'm in Kentucky and we don't have any beach, much less interesting attractions. We're too busy running through the woods with rifles or racing horses to have any cool stuff Smiley

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 12, 13:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me, I live in england, and every seaside town in victorian times had a pier, many of which are still going strong.  they usually have a small funfair, arcade games, snack bars etc.  If you were to google Blackpool, you'd find pictures of probably one of the most famous piers.  Brighton used to have two, but now there's only one left, but they are (or were) very old.  Amazingly, most of them survived the Second World War, only to fall into decline because so many people now take holidays abroad.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 12, 14:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you must be English (no offense, just the way you phrased some bits Smiley)

In the states, it seems most of our remaining attractions (there's still some boardwalks and piers around some places) have gone the way of the theme parks. Roller coasters are fun sometimes (I even play rollercoaster tycoon and try to build my own a bit) but in the quest for bigger, better, faster rides and huge money-making extravaganzas, I think we've lost some of the flavor.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 12, 14:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's the same everywhere!  Bigger and more stomach-churning thrills are the order of the day!  Maybe it's because these days our lives are so tame and ordered that we need this kind of excitement to get the adrenalin rushes that used to come from being chased by pirates, held up by highwaymen etc!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 12, 14:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol - pirates and highwaymen sound kind of sexy, but I hafta admit I think I'd rather live a dull life and seek my simulated thrills than have lived that way.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 12, 14:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, rape, pillage and general mayhem is alright between the pages of a book, but in RL - I don't think so!

Zephyr Zodiac
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 13, 08:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Savage sims has a surf board coffee table that I thought would look cool in a beach house.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 13, 21:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you must be English (no offense, just the way you phrased some bits Smiley)

In the states, it seems most of our remaining attractions (there's still some boardwalks and piers around some places) have gone the way of the theme parks. Roller coasters are fun sometimes (I even play rollercoaster tycoon and try to build my own a bit) but in the quest for bigger, better, faster rides and huge money-making extravaganzas, I think we've lost some of the flavor.

Dahling, you need look no further Jersey. (Are you from Jersey? I'm from Jersey! - old Joe Piscapao routine)

Cape May, New Jersey would make an awesome beach town in the Sims, not that I'm doing the work. Cheesy

If anyone is looking for inspiration:

http://www.capemaytimes.com/hotels/default.htm

Victorian hotels, bed & breakfasts, shops.  There's a ferry (good luck) and lighthouses....

Restuarants galore, on the water some of course.

http://www.capemaytimes.com/Restaurants/cape-may.htm

I'm an Ocean City, NJ gal.... I love the boardwalk there.

http://www.jerseyboardwalk.com/octitle.htm

Okay, back to playing Pleasantview.... (but I'm from Jersey!)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 15, 01:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I've seen loads and loads of beach themed stuff recently. Honestly, at one point it seemed every single site was full of summer stuff, and it was driving me nuts!

Eternal Echo (as already mentioned) is a small site with a couple of really neat new meshes. Bouncy castle (for all ages), Paddling pool & Sandpit (for toddlers).

Windkeeper at TSR has done a Shark Lagoon set: Part 1 & Part 2. Buntah and STPCarly also have a lot of beach objects at TSR, and typing "beach" into a sets search gives 3 pages of objects. (This search may work, or it may not.)

Here is an unusual outdoor set from Around The Sims: Oriental Nap. I guess if you're doing a whole area you'll need a lot of different styles of beach stuff Smiley.

There's quite a few beach houses, terrain paints and even terrains (Neighbourhoods - lots of island ones) at MTS2 - but very few objects. Oh well. At least you'll have plenty of sand Smiley. There's a Lighthouse. Allegedly, this is a water park, although the screenshots have all gone away.

4EverSimtasy has 2 outdoor sets that'll interest you: set 1, set 4.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 16, 18:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a terrain specially for beach Lots - it's here http://www.simechoes.org/sims2/hoods/beach_islands.htm

I wanted to make Lots close to the water's edge, so the roads run quite close the the coastline  - I do play with a neighbourhood camera hack from ModTheSims 2, but the water comes quite near to the centre of the map too. You can actually build a flooded Lot and it blends in with the sea, which looks really nice in the Neighbourhood Screen, though the edges may be visible in the Lot View.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 17, 00:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a few beach themed homes on MTS2, I am making myself an entire beach themed neighborhood in the game... I plan on making more but I don't have a lot of time right now.

I am going for an outer banks, east coast sort of feel (never been to Cali). I only wish there were things like reeds and more desert plants that I could use outside! There is only one kind of cactus I can use for the garden, it is really annoying! None of the plants in the game fit the habitat of the area well at all!

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 17, 02:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ellatrue that is the same problem i am having. i have a wholebeach themed hood with nothing beachy hardly. I would love to know how to mod hood objects.

I am 25.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 25, 08:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so far I have been able to make do all right with the neighborhood objects... I use palm trees, pines, that low, scrubby bush and a few of the saguaro (sp?) cacti in the neighborhood... it looks alright when you add in things like sailboats.

I know that seems like a strange combination of plants, but it partly depends on what you are thinking of for the area: for example, when I think of the coast of maryland and Virginia (near where I live) there are certain kinds of pine trees, but in North and South Carolina it tends more to palms and cacti...

mostly, I have been sculpting and painting the terrain so that it looks like sand dunes... if you don't feel like doing it yourself I uploaded another one today...

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 25, 09:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a terrain specially for beach Lots - it's here http://www.simechoes.org/sims2/hoods/beach_islands.htm

I wanted to make Lots close to the water's edge, so the roads run quite close the the coastline

Thanks - that download has a jpg file not a png file in it....  might be a problem.

I've wanted to get my lots closer to the water and been frustrated by the 'hood maps.  this is great. - My set of weatherboard riverside houses is on TSR- i've got water at the back of each lot so you get a sort of river when you put them together.  I made some small community lots too and wanted to convert them to desert/beach terrain but the damn things won't change.  I don't have Uni.  Guess I'll have to build from scratch!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: