More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 09:14:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need help - change lot zoning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need help - change lot zoning  (Read 4741 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Need help - change lot zoning
« on: 2005 December 15, 08:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only used the change lot zoning cheat to change a residential lot into a dorm.  Right now, I have a commercial lot that is the perfect layout for my multi-story downtown apartments. I can use the cheat to change the lot to residential, but it still has the community lot phone and trash bin. How do I get the residential mailbox and trash can to appear on the lot? I don't see it in the catalog. If I try to move a sim in, the lot never loads. Any suggestions?

Has anyone done this? Can this be done?   Huh  Huh
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Need help - change lot zoning
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 15, 08:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch. I suggest (if you have NL) Moving a Sim into a empty residential lot, using move_objects to grab the mailbox and trash-can and put it into your inventory. Then, move them into the new lot and place the objects down. 
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 15, 10:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This site has a collection you download that lets you buy the mailbox and trash can.  This should help you out.

http://daydream.etowns.net/S2hacked.htm
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 15, 10:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also suggest the collection. I can't be certain it'll work, but considering the problems the inventory has trying to move them that way sounds like a good way to make things explode. You may be better off copying down your layout onto graph paper and recreating it on a new lot, though.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 15, 12:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I am going to have to go with the wierdo collection, it has buyable fire! And weather! and lots of other stuff! Amazed. (and yes, a mailbox and trashcan)

http://tinyurl.com/aod7n

And in my opinion, the collection is perfectly stable, although the weather can make a slow machine crawl. I have been using this collection since it was released.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 15, 15:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thansk for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot tonight and see how it works.

Personally I am going to have to go with the wierdo collection, it has buyable fire! And weather! and lots of other stuff! Amazed. (and yes, a mailbox and trashcan)

http://tinyurl.com/aod7n

And in my opinion, the collection is perfectly stable, although the weather can make a slow machine crawl. I have been using this collection since it was released.

Grin Cheesy Wink  Funny....all the things you can find at tinyurl.com!  Kind of funny that I would use this in a MATY neighborhood.  Cheesy Wink Grin
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 15, 18:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a rather diff problem, but also related to the changelotzoning. I'm pretty sure that changing the lot zoning to residential used to give me the residential buy catalog instead of the commercial one. But nowadays, even if I change the zoning, the catalog remains commercial.

And on top of that, testingcheatsenabled used to do something in the CAS, where if you moused over an item, you could read the actual file name. But now, it doesn't happen anymore.

I have NL patched btw. Can anyone give me some pointers?
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 15, 18:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a rather diff problem, but also related to the changelotzoning. I'm pretty sure that changing the lot zoning to residential used to give me the residential buy catalog instead of the commercial one. But nowadays, even if I change the zoning, the catalog remains commercial.

And on top of that, testingcheatsenabled used to do something in the CAS, where if you moused over an item, you could read the actual file name. But now, it doesn't happen anymore.

I have NL patched btw. Can anyone give me some pointers?

When you use changelotzoning, you need to save the lot, exit and re-enter in order for the "new" catalog to appear. I notice that sometimes when I mouse over an item, I don't get the description. It seems to come and go in my game and I haven't noticed it enough to see if there is an underlying cause to it. I know some custom content creators don't bother with a description (which is frustrating  Angry )
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 15, 19:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that sometimes when I mouse over an item, I don't get the description. It seems to come and go in my game and I haven't noticed it enough to see if there is an underlying cause to it. I know some custom content creators don't bother with a description (which is frustrating  Angry )

I'm not talking about the descriptions, tho. I mean in Create-a-Sim, where it used to be that if you did testingcheatsenabled, instead of the little blurb that's always there, it tells you the item's actual package name. That doesn't work anymore for me. Does anyone know why this is?
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 17, 05:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo Hoo!

It worked!

Thanks so much for the help!!!  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: