More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:08:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  about the hair in the holiday pack...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: about the hair in the holiday pack...  (Read 8303 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
about the hair in the holiday pack...
« on: 2005 November 21, 19:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you think there would be any way of making the new hat hair from the holiday pack to not have the hats?

I haven't really had much time to look at it in the game, but I really like the lon curly look that comes with the kids!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: about the hair in the holiday pack...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 19:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can look at it. To be honest I haven't yet. How easy it is would depend on if they included a version without the hat or the part under the hat has the full top of the head just with tha hat laid on top.

What style does it turn into when they change to swim or PJs?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 20:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't even had a chance to look at that!

about all I've had time to do is load up the game and see that it's there, I'll possibly have a little more time after work today...

This is one time of the year where it really sucks to be a teacher - reports!  and I'm a week behind schedule!

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 20:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can look at it. To be honest I haven't yet. How easy it is would depend on if they included a version without the hat or the part under the hat has the full top of the head just with tha hat laid on top.

What style does it turn into when they change to swim or PJs?

One of my boys has the hair with the Santa hat.  With the hat, it's longish and wavy.  Without (in PJs), his hair is short and straight.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks...

I presume then, that it's going to be difficult...   Sad

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 21, 20:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like they just defaulted the hair to turn to a regular non holiday hair when the hat is off for sleep or swim. Most likely the mesh doesn't exist for the top of the head. While this is a good practice for game performance, to not have the game have to render polygons in areas you will never see, it means it would be difficult to get the hair without a hat. You'd have to recreate the whole top of the head and in doing so you'd lose the animations since I don't think anyone has figured out how to add animations to completely new hair meshes yet.

I'll still take a look at the mesh when I get home and check and see if the top of the head exists under the hat or not.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 21, 20:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the adult one with the hat, its like the uni curly hair but with bangs. But I suck at hair currently so I will leave that one on the wish list.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 21, 21:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What drives me crazy is that if you pick the grey hair for a young sim, it converts to a regular coloured hair when they take the hat off.
I'd rather have them just sleep and swim in the stupid hat.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 22, 02:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked those hairs and there's no top of the head under the hat. Sad Even if I could recreate the rest of the head and make it look halfway decent, the animations would be gone.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 22, 02:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for looking anyway.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 22, 02:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've had a question along these lines forever, but never really got an answer any time I asked back at MTS2 or wherever. Or maybe I just dreamt that I asked a long time ago in a forum far, far away

anyway

I have an adult male sim who wears a bandanna thingy. He never takes it off. He was at the wedding of one of my sims the other day in a black tux with a bright yellow and red bandanna Tongue. That actually doesn't bother me, much. I have several sims who wear a ball cap. I modified the alpha on some of them so they don't have that awful hat-hair when they take off their caps, but is there a way to just have them keep the cap on while wearing formalwear or swimwear or something, like my bandanna boy did? Or is that another mesh-related thing I won't have a clue about?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 22, 05:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be done and in fact most people who make new custom hat hairs do it by default because it's easier than making a separate non hat-hair for different outfit changes. Pinhead posting a long and detailed explanation on how to do this over at MTS2 with a lot of technical stuffs that makes my brain hurt right about now thinking about it.

I'm not sure if any tool like Datgen did anything to automate this process somewhat but if it has I hadn't heard of it. It's probably one of those things like I did with the 'fro getting it to grab the default Maxis textures where you just have to do a lot of manual file management stuffs.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 22, 05:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this be something little ol' me could do? lol
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 22, 05:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have fun Tongue

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=393876#post393876

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 22, 11:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Santa beard is bugged for me: its colour alternates from a dirty white to a greenish hue...
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 23, 04:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is related, kinda. Sorta. Maybe.

Those pointy elf-hats with the big, stupid-looking ears? They're under the asterisk, with CC, at the very end...like the multi-colored mohawks and stuff (thank you to whomever told me where to look!). Anyway, because they're categorized that way, they're not available for recoloring in BodyShop.

Two requests: 1) Pull a mesh to make the hats available for recoloring. 2) Rip off those ridiculous ears.

Possible? The hats themselves are cute.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 23, 04:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to make the hat available for recoloring without cloning the mesh by just changing some flags. Of course doing that would then require The Holiday Pack be installed.  Roll Eyes

It might be possible to hide the ears if you recolor them to be transparent or invisible.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 23, 05:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to make the hat available for recoloring without cloning the mesh by just changing some flags.

Hint? Please? I suspect I know how, but not what to change.

It might be possible to hide the ears if you recolor them to be transparent or invisible.

That'll be the first thing I try, if I can get to a hat through BodyShop.  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 23, 14:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm posting the files that make it show up in the bodyshop and the mesh. I extracted the Propertysets for the 3 variants of afHairHatElf from the skins.package and changed some settings. Just changing the flags didn't work, so I changed the game version to 0 (custom content) and created a new dummy custom hair and copied over the creator and hairtone properties from that to get it to work.

I'd delete the file (not the mesh one, the other one) after you make your hair as I don't know if it lets you delete the hair or not but I didn't try it :O I know it views it as custom content now, but once you take the file out that will go away.

http://pws.cablespeed.com/~moliva/afElfHats.zip
http://pws.cablespeed.com/~moliva/MESH-afElfHat.zip

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 24, 08:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very, very much! It's odd that they'd code this so different from every other hat in the game. Why this hat, and not the Santa hat, or female version, or the clothing? Weird...

I'll get busy with those swollen ears. Fingers crossed that their alphas work like hair!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: