More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:11:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking inside objects.package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking inside objects.package?  (Read 3744 times)
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
Looking inside objects.package?
« on: 2005 November 23, 11:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I hope it's okay to post an elementary modding question here.  I was thinking of posting in the Bowels of Trogdor, but I decided I wasn't nearly tall enough.)

I'd like to poke around in the internal data for various of the builtin objects in the game. For mods I do this by opening the mod package in SimPE, but builtin objects are (I believe) in objects.package, and that's like thirty-seven meg or something and when I point SimPE at it SimPE goes away for a very very very long think, and when it's done (or seems to be done) it only shows like one object, and that object doesn't make any sense.  Am I just Doing Something Wrong, or is there some other generally-accepted method for looking into / extracting things from objects.package? 

Tx very,
DC
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Looking inside objects.package?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 23, 12:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's better to use the Classic Interface for looking in objects.package, I have found.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 23, 14:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's better to use the Classic Interface for looking in objects.package, I have found.
Ah, thanks very, that's working much better!  Bean for you!  Now I just have to figure out what all these liddle numbers and stuff mean, and I'll be all set...

Grin

DC
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 23, 15:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure it may help you, but in my case, I usually first translate the whole object.package using diasim2 written by shy and dizzy2, then I look up what I'd like to find in the txt file. Then I open object.package and pick up the part I want using the group filter feature of SimPE. All the numbers are nothing if you use disasim2 and PJSE, you can do it!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 23, 16:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where might this diasim2 be found? Perhaps it might help me with my quest to get text out of the package files for the database!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 23, 19:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where might this diasim2 be found? Perhaps it might help me with my quest to get text out of the package files for the database!
DisaSim2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=862133  Haven't tried it myself, but looks promising...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 23, 19:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also recommend downloading firefox and using disaSim2 to split the object package into html files.

Html files because it's nicely formatted and a lot easier (at least for me) to read and search through.

Firefox because (at least on my computer) the html files take forever to load with IE (I have Windows XP) AND search through.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: