More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 05:17:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bizarre LTWs--as in they don't match the aspirations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bizarre LTWs--as in they don't match the aspirations  (Read 3715 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Bizarre LTWs--as in they don't match the aspirations
« on: 2005 November 19, 08:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I'm not complaining about this at all, in fact, it's making the game much more interesting!  However, I think I may've come across one way to help add some variety to the LTWs thing (besides Pescado's awesome 'more LTW variety' mod).  And who knows--maybe someone has touched on this already, and if so I beg pardon.  Unfortunately I don't remember all I read and don't manage to read everything all the time.

You know how there are certain aspirations that sort of 'go with' personalities?  Well, I'm finding on these sims that are rolling the bizarre LTWs, their zodiac sign absolutely does not match their aspiration.  For example, a knowledge sim with a 'family' sign rolled up the want of becoming a Business Tycoon.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to play with this but I've got a whole clan of little sim kids that'll be coming into their teenhood here shortly so I'm going to start double-checking to make sure their signs and aspirations don't match and see what happens.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Bizarre LTWs--as in they don't match the aspirations
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 09:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LTWVariety generates LTWs depending on interests, not personality or zodiac signs. Try editing your sims interests, then hit "My LTW is Lame" on the college clock, or "Reroll Lame LTW" on the FFS Debugger.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 09:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has happened to me too, I have a family sim who's lifetime want is to become mayor! Her wants seem to be of a popularity sim too. I have noticed this more on downtownies that I have married to my sims, then moved to my base neighbourhood.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 10:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, personality figures into it as well. Signs do not, but personalities are often correlated to signs. You'll get cross-aspirational career wants if your sim has family members that are in that career. If you stick with those, it may even become a family tradition. Of course, if he hates his family, he won't want to emulate them. And if he doesn't HAVE a family, he'll be back to core aspirational only.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 20:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awhile ago, I posted in regards of this.  I had the same thing happened in a custom hood I created in which I deleted all characters including the downtown ones.  I created them all back using boolprop testingcheat including "EP2 NPC" the moment I did that all the Sims I created afterward in CAS had non-related LTW/aspirations.

Since then, I only create the NPC and regular townie/YAtownie with boolprop and use the created downtown section coming with the game. For some unknown reasons, when you delete all the downtownie it does not create kids nor elder like it should so I am presuming it can creates buggy downtownie.  Maybe someboby could look into that since it is defenitely not normal.

EDIT:  Others also reported that in custom hood in which they deleted all the characters no elders or child downtownie were created by the game so I am not alone.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 20:19:45 by MissDoh » Logged
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 23:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, I think that may be a your mileage may vary kind of thing.

I've gone through the same steps and had some different results.  One time I deleted all the characters, then just had Townies and Downtownies generate like they normally would in that case, whereby every trip to a community lot generated a sim.  In this case I ended up with them regenerating in this order: adults, children, teens and I don't think I got to any elders yet when I got so fed up with children being generated I put the notownieregen mod back in my game.

Every single time I tried the spontaneous regeneration I had the same results.  I wondered at the time if it could possibly be because I didn't have University.  Maybe Uni somehow makes a difference in the order spawned.  I know with the base game, my Townies would be generated with teens first, then adults, then children, so as soon as I got up to a certain number of adults I'd stick the no generation mod back in my game.

I'm really hoping that Uni does have an affect on how they're generated, and puts the children back to being last.  I enjoy making custom townies, but don't necessarily want to make all of them custom, and using the NPC maker can be a real pain in the rear because I'm always having to reload and do it again so I don't get a bunch of duplicates.

When the mood strikes, maybe I'll fiddle with it a bit in a test neighborhood and see if I get different results now that I've installed Uni.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 00:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell you that as for the regular townie and NPC they are not duplicated in my game (I have both Uni and NL).  Downtownie is a complete different story, I would have 3 that would look the exact same way and worst there will 2 or 3 sets like that so if this is what you were referring too having University install won't change that, this applies both to teens and adults, very frustrating. 

This is the main reason I use the premade downtown section now, ok I will always have the same downtownie but at least they won't all look alike.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: