More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:23:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What would happen if....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What would happen if....  (Read 7855 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
What would happen if....
« on: 2005 December 19, 15:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted skins from the game? They aren't default ones, but a lot of my sims in my neighbourhood have them. I have just gone right off how my sims look with them. Will they revert to maxis skins?
TIA for help Smiley

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: What would happen if....
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 19, 16:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My very small experience with custom skins, eyes, hair color say that yes it will revert to Maxis default ones if you delete them all.  If you don't delete them all I think it will take the next one available.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 19, 16:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks! Smiley I will put them on the desktop just in case it craps up my game.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 19, 23:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe they will revert to the skintone that the custom skintone was based off of...not positive tho

I have deleted custom skintones and eyes that were being used by in-game sims without any problems, they just change to a maxis skintone or in my case a default replacement  Smiley

deleting custom hair (that is used by in-game sims) has caused me problems so I don't let any of my sims start with custom hair (I use Maxis and then just change it in the mirror after they are in-game so it dosen't pass down to the kids)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 00:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard people say that if they delete custom hair that their sims are using, the sims will sometimes show up bald.  But changing to another hairstyle in the mirror will fix it. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 20, 02:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that there are several items of male custom hair which are made by Maxis, but don't show up in CAS, only once your sim is in the game and can use the mirror.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 20, 09:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted skins from the game? They aren't default ones, but a lot of my sims in my neighbourhood have them. I have just gone right off how my sims look with them. Will they revert to maxis skins?TIA for help Smiley

The only problem you'll notice is in breeding them.

I deleted a few unsightly skin tones and noticed that though my couple had switched to Maxis mediums, their subsequent children were born in every shade.
Dark/Light twins and a set of Quads which each had a different tone. It was always a surprise and kind of a neat one at that.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 20, 09:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you'd need to edit the Sims' DNA if you wanted to avoid this.  This sounds like what happened in Strangetown with the messed up DNA, such as PT#9 and Jenny Smith being reported as having babies with the darkest skintone when there were no sims with dark skin in their family trees.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 20, 15:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that there are several items of male custom hair which are made by Maxis, but don't show up in CAS, only once your sim is in the game and can use the mirror.

yeah, cos custom hair isn't supposed to be genetic.  Smiley

It worked ok anyway, they did revert to the maxis skins. Thanks for your help Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 20, 15:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So really there's something wrong if custom hair does show in CAS?  (Since if you use a custom hair, you have no way of knowing which hair colour it was based on, you could end up with babies born with totally unsuitable hair colour and it could, if you like to plan your families, spoil your idea of what the family should look like.)

Zephyr Zodiac
WoundedImmortal
Asinine Airhead

Never injure what cannot die

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 20, 15:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's clothing, it goes back to the maxis default, if it's hair, they go bald, (But you can fix it in a mirror) if it's makeup, it's replaced with a maxis default...and usually my sims have had some odd face mask on.  usually (Now), I change the genetics of the sims before I delete the items.  You may want to do this before you delete anything.

"Oooh, I just had one of thoes things!  You know!  Like a headache, with pictures!"

"An idea?"

<---Clicky
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 20, 15:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims with Maxis hair go bald when arriving at a lot to walk by!

For some unknown reason, I can't actually delete anything from the ingame menu, it's really odd, I have a few items which I removed because they weren't updatable, but they're still there.  I've also got custom hair which I've deleted, but still shows in the menu, and I'm almost certain I found the mesh and removed it.  No problem with sims going bald, I'd already changed the hair in question (it was the beaded dreads by CompulsiveD which are wonderful to look at but just had too high a poly-count, since most other members of the family also had dreads!  So rather than be tempted to keep trying, I took them out!)

I wouldn't have a clue how to change genetics, and hopefully I won't need to as mostly I do use Maxis default hair when I create my sims, but I do, obviously, use custom eyes as unlike hair, they can't be changed in the mirror.  But when I've removed eyes from the downloads folder I've never noticed problems, so presumably any sim with those eyes simply gets a default.)

Zephyr Zodiac
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 20, 16:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you'd need to edit the Sims' DNA if you wanted to avoid this.  This sounds like what happened in Strangetown with the messed up DNA, such as PT#9 and Jenny Smith being reported as having babies with the darkest skintone when there were no sims with dark skin in their family trees.

I may be wrong but werent Jenny's parents and grandparents of the darker skin tone?  I could have sworn that is where that came from..the red hair comes from polly tech 9.. I reaged him and he is a a red head.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 20, 17:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when I've removed eyes from the downloads folder I've never noticed problems, so presumably any sim with those eyes simply gets a default.)

They actually get whatever eye is on the skin that they use. Default for Maxis skins is brown; if you have default replacements in or the sim is using a custom skin, the eyes will be whatever the creator may have changed those bits of the skin to.

Hm... now that I think about it, if I ever make any custom skins I'll have to be creepy and put the eye as a blank, hollow thing so if people delete custom eyes from sims wearing those skins, they get a surprise... Grin

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 20, 19:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So really there's something wrong if custom hair does show in CAS?  (Since if you use a custom hair, you have no way of knowing which hair colour it was based on, you could end up with babies born with totally unsuitable hair colour and it could, if you like to plan your families, spoil your idea of what the family should look like.)

I never use custom hair while in CAS, I just change it to what I want once the sim(s) are moved onto their lot Smiley That way there can be no surprises.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 20, 22:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I certainly will avoid custom hair in CAS in future. 

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 21, 00:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong but werent Jenny's parents and grandparents of the darker skin tone?  I could have sworn that is where that came from..the red hair comes from polly tech 9.. I reaged him and he is a a red head.
Read this helpful post by baratron.  It explains everything you wanted to know about the messed up genetics in Strangetown and how to fix them.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.0 

A lot of this information was compiled from discussions we had previously on VS and MTS2.  The thread on MTS2 was very exhaustive but long, and it was called "Mysteries of Sim DNA Revealed."  The thread on VS won't load up for me for some reason.  Huh  VS has been slow for me for months now. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: