More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:22:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 24291 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 16, 14:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  The one advantage ofbeing my age is that one was THERE!  The only really great decade of the 20th Century!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 16, 14:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I prefer the '80s. Then again I'm heavily biased by my musical tastes. But hey, the REALLY great heavy metal bands ruled supreme in the '80s!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 16, 14:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the 60's there would have been no Heavy Metal Bands!

Without the 60's, there would have been no end to segregation in the southern States of the US, no beginning of the Gay Rights Movement  ----need I go on?

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 16, 14:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So absolutely true! So a toast to the '60s and all the good things they brought along! Now I must REALLY run to catch the bus! See ya ppl on Monday!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 17, 00:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I really loved the 60's and all my favourite music is from that era.  I STILL love the Kinks, the Small Faces, Led Zeppelin, the Four Tops ... the list is endless.  I had a cowbell and clackers and flowery bell-bottoms.  Oh, I do miss it, I really do.  Peace, man.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 17, 00:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was born in the 60's but even though I was obviously too young to appreciate the music of the era at the time, I have to say my hard drive is jam packed full of 60's songs and it is the only music I really enjoy....perhaps it's embbeded in my subconscious  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 17, 04:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mum probably played it all the time while you were on the way!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 17, 04:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mum probably played it all the time while you were on the way!

Yep, that's what I was thinking ZZ....I must ask her one day  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 17, 04:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the 60's, there would have been no end to segregation in the southern States of the US, no beginning of the Gay Rights Movement  ----need I go on?

Hey Black Sabbath is an heavy metal band which started in the late sixties (well for the sixties it was really heavy stuff).  I saw them live a few years ago when they reunited, was an awesome show.

And I love Pink Floyd which is not heavy but such a great band.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 17, 15:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Heavy Metal was original part of the "Underground" movement in rock music, and that started in the late 60's.  Bands like King Crimson were part of this movement too.  And the late lamented Jimi Hendrix was still around then, and his influence on music at that time was phenomenal.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 17, 16:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Heavy Metal was original part of the "Underground" movement in rock music, and that started in the late 60's.  Bands like King Crimson were part of this movement too.  And the late lamented Jimi Hendrix was still around then, and his influence on music at that time was phenomenal.

I completely agree with you on that, if they would have not innovate and tried new things the music today would be completely different.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 17, 19:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'd probably still have Frank Sinatra sound-alikes singing My Way!  Oops!  Go to any karaoke pub, and they're still around!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 17, 19:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne: no worries, I always knew you were female. I'd be VERY surprised if you were male actually!
Missdoh: no, YOU don't REALLY need to state your gender. It's quite obvious!
Zephyr: don't know many women who know about the Zephyr Zodiac. I know even less who'd use it as an avatar!
KellyQ: you anglo-saxons and your unisex names! Argh! In Greece there are MALE names and FEMALE names. No way you'd confuse one for the other.
Oh, I'm male btw! My avatar is a CD single cover by a german heavy metal band, Blind Guardian, showing an Elf crossing the icy paths of...ugh, I forgot the name! The cover is inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion, as was the full-length album (Nightfall in Middle-Earth) the band released after the single.

Ironic that you mention the Greek names being only male or female because when I was a kid I went to school with three other Kellys, all boys! I hated it! I always thought I'd change my name to Cassandra (Greek name definitely) when I was an adult. Little did I realize that by that point, I wouldn't care that I had " a boy name". Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 17, 20:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KellyQ: you anglo-saxons and your unisex names! Argh! In Greece there are MALE names and FEMALE names. No way you'd confuse one for the other.

It isn't just Anglo-Saxons!  Think of how many Spanish and Spanish American men have the name Maria!  And how many Frenchmen, and French descended Americans/Canadians etc., have the name Marie!

At least when the name was in common usage in the UK, it was spelt Marion as opposed to the female spelling Marian.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: