More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 22:04:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No second pregnant bump?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No second pregnant bump?  (Read 11013 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: No second pregnant bump?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 14, 22:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you used the inventory to move stuff, that could be the cause of your problems, the inventory is just not working as it's supposed to!

Unfortunately, I can't find a back-up of Liz from before I started messing with her memories, so anyway, I now have the sim with no memories in the house who is now an unlinked sim.  But for some reason she hasn't gone walkabout and made another copy of herself - maybe they fixed this problem, which in one way is nice to know, but I was rather hoping they hadn't!  Well, I shall try moving her back in her house and see whether this has fixed the problem (I shouldn't think so, but it's my last chance!  And she can't spend the rest of her sim life using public loos and bathing in hot tubs!  And I'd have liked it if she hadn't lost a lot of autonomy - not all, she'll sometimes go and do something without being told, but mostly she just stands around like a prune waiting!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 15, 22:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These newlyweds have nothing but their diplomas when they move in.  They get the basics, only what they can afford, after they move in.  So I can't even blame it on the inventory glitches.

In fact, the houses where I moved families (with inventories) into are not having any problems.  I "sold" any problem items like beds that wouldn't place and bought them new ones.  And the houses they moved out of are having the same problem as newly placed houses, so it's not like the house that was moved out of has the inventory glitch, or it wouldn't happen in newly placed houses.

Poor Liz!  I really hope you can get her straightened out.  I've been avoiding playing Marsha Bruenig Brown ever since I moved her into (and out of and into ad nauseum) their house, and they have a baby now.  The other townies I grew up and sent to Uni were Orlando Centowski and Meadow Thayer.  I wonder if my University is messed up?  The only sims I haven't had problems with, come to think of it, were the ones I started the neighborhood with as adults, who never went to college.  THAT wouldn't surprise me, either!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 16, 01:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had any original townies teens who finished college, and the downtownies I sent this time are still waiting for me to ge back and move them on a bit, so I can't really say if it's related to them being townies or not.  Have you checked SimPE to see if they have any extraneous baggage, such as a host of duplicate sims in the Unknown category and unlinked?  If so, (and that is what happend when I tried moving Liz in again) the game may be trying to move those sims in as well.  You would need, if they exist, to note all the file numbers, make sure they don't have any relationships, then delete them from the Characters file in your neighbourhood.  After that, the game should be able to load the house. 

That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing your problems!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 16, 04:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a woman get pregnant in my game and she never got the first bump.  Even after getting the second, she was still able to go to work.  The carpool didn't come (she got the bump after the announcement saying it was coming), but she was able to go in her car.  The baby was born normally, so I don't know what the cause was.  She was asleep at the time she should have got the first bump and never had chance to get it after returning from work, because she got a promotion and had to get straight back into the carpool, so maybe that was the reason.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 16, 07:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know for sure there is one weirdness in the game that causes the second 'bump' not to occur.

Hmmm.  My brain's so addled I've got to think about how to put this in an understandable way! LOL  (I will be so glad when I get past all the craziness that's been going on for the past year!)

Anyway, if you have a sim that's in her first trimester, and you leave her to go play another family and the pregnant sim comes over to visit or walks down the sidewalk, or if you take a sim from that household to a community lot and the pregnant sim happens to come to the community lot or walk down the sidewalk, she will suddenly develop the third trimester tummy without going through the transition.  Then when you go back to play her she won't go through the second transition but will just carry on through to the end of the pregnancy.

The other day I had this happen for something like the sixth time (I always try to go ahead and play a family through the pregnancy before changing but once in a while I forget), and I decided to check her out in SimPE.  Oddly enough, instead of only one of the pregnancy stages being selected, as it should be, she had both second and third trimesters checked.  It's very bizarre, indeed.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 16, 11:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've had that happen, and the oddest thing was, the sime in question walked past Cassandra and Max's house, and Max greeted her and invited her in.  (She was definitely huge!)

Then Cassandra came home from work, and GUESS WHO she brought with her?  The same sim, still in maternity clothes, but somehow able to go and be Captain Hero!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: