More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:31:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  lock want slots, messed up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: lock want slots, messed up  (Read 3668 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
lock want slots, messed up
« on: 2005 November 11, 15:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I installed NL and even after the patch, some of my sims that graduated college can only have one slot locked.   I have this one guy who graduated and I can lock three of his wants and he had three diplomas in his inventory,  but I don't think that is related.   Huh

almost all of my sims have a diploma in their inventory,  even ones who never went to college.

Is this a bug or maybe a mod I have?    I am not starting all over with new people, I have invested too much time in the ones I already have.

I was just wondering if others were having this problem with the locked wants and extra diplomas?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: lock want slots, messed up
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 12, 01:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had those problems but you could maybe try 'upgrade pre-uni sim' on the ffs lotdebugger to see if it would fix your sims?
Or Reset through debug mode.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 12, 03:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does sound to me that there is something wierd going on in your game, but I haven't a clue as to what, unless it is a mod as you say.  You can use TJs Want Slot and Personal electronics Tree to replace missing want slots and locks, but I don't know if it will work in this case.  As to the additional diplomas, I suppose you can just delete them if they are merely duplicates.

Zephyr Zodiac
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 12, 13:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I would get all mixed up using the ffs debugger but what is   
Reset through debug mode.

I don't know how to do that.   One more thing,  I posted a thread before about my sims wanting to be friends with themselves and someone said it was the  handheld game causing it, so since then I have not bought any handhelds or music player thingies.   but I had a woman that I made in cass yesterday that did not have any handhelds or even a cell phone and she wants to be friends with herself.    Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 12, 13:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try TJ's fix that I mentioned?

I've occasionally noticed that want too, but it's easily got rid of with SimPE.  If it only happens rarely, I think it may be a case of the game just making an error, like when you get two identical wants rolling at the same time.  If you've had handhelds in your game and sims have previously spawned the want to make friends/play handheld with themselves, then if you don't have the handheld fix in your game, the want would still be available to the game.
You can get Pescado's handheld fix, and that should prevent it from happening again., but you will need to erase the memories from sims that have them.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 12, 21:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Reset through debug mode" means to type "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" in your cheat box, the shift-click your sim and click on "force error". When the error box pops up, click "reset".

I had a sim who had a similar problem, and I "fixed" it in a less conventional way. My sim Jamie had a diploma, but only 4 want slots. Graduated sims should have 6. His want slots were also blank. Only his, no other sim had blank wants, this was both before and after a fresh reinstall to fix a corrupt objects package. I aged him back down to teen, then back up to adult, and gave him the extra wants slots from TJ's adjuster. As well as extra locks. He's fine, now. I have no idea what the actual problem was, though. Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 12, 21:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I shiftclick and force error on poor Liz, the thing just keeps popping back, then when I close the game, with some difficulty, in Windows, and go check the error logs, there are dozens of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 13, 06:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I need the wants electronics tree but I can't find it.  Is it not posted yet or am I just blind?  My computer crashed and I lost everthing including my backups on the second drive.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 13, 13:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs has one in his section and Pescado just put one up (NoGizmoWants) in the NL section of his ftp. Either will work, just don't use both together.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 13, 14:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wants tree is in TwoJeff's section, and is called the WantSlot and Personal electronics Tree.  It's a buyable item you put on an individual lot, not a global hack.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: