More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 00:41:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graphical Glitches (Fixed)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphical Glitches (Fixed)  (Read 5621 times)
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Graphical Glitches (Fixed)
« on: 2008 December 21, 03:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has been glitching in weird ways. It was happening before my dad reformatted the computer due to some unrelated problems. It continued, so dad updated the graphics card. It was still happening so I looked into the settings but I couldn't figure out what setting would affect it. The images were taken with anygame starter base game only, no hacks. But I also ran my game with all EPs and most SPs (excluding M&G, Celeb. and IKEA) and it happened there too.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS
Operating system: XP (it's run in administrator mode.)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5921/simsgraphicsglitchwm0.png
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2967/simsgraphicsglitch2sh9.png
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7581/simsgraphicsglitch3ga2.png
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4834/simsgraphicsglitch4ko2.png
« Last Edit: 2008 December 21, 22:11:47 by Nameless Horror » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Graphical Glitches
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 21, 03:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spazzing triangles (esp. with an NVIDIA) suggests to me that you need to update your video drivers.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 21, 04:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much!  My dad's the one who knows how to do those kinds of things, so I'll ask him about that.

edit to add missing words
« Last Edit: 2008 December 21, 18:37:48 by Nameless Horror » Logged
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 21, 16:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem, and updating my NVIDIA drivers did stop it. I now sometimes get a "blue-screen-with-hourglass" when I rotate the camera, but the game recovers in less than a minute.

Also, since the update, I'm able to run the game on much higher detail settings (and it looks so much better that for now I'm willing to put up with the blue-screen thing rather than back it down to lower settings).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if MOAR RAMz would do anything for that blue-screen interruption?
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 21, 18:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the video card updated but the problem still persists. I was wondering if a complete reinstall would help or not.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 21, 18:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if MOAR RAMz would do anything for that blue-screen interruption?

I have read that the sims is a more processor intensive game than many, however more RAM is often helpful. If you are on Vista you might need four RAMs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 21, 19:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well damn, now I'm out of ideas. On the bright side at least I don't have to do a complete reinstall.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 21, 19:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once.  I also updated my graphics card and had these problems.  Uninstalling and reinstalling, also updating drivers did not help.  It wasn't the card, but actually the fact that the card wasn't compatible with the motherboard I had.  It had something to do with the AGP speed, and my motherboard wasn't up to date compared to the card I tried to use.

In my case, I had gotten a new motherboard with onboard graphics that were better than what I had.  Later, I updated with a PCI-E card (8600gt) which I am still using to this day.
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 21, 22:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dad fixed it. What he did was roll back the updates twice. Thought I'd mention that if anyone else was having the same problem. Thank you for the help!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 22, 10:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem a few years ago when I had an Nvidia card; I tried new drivers, old drivers, different game settings- everything I could think of. Nothing worked except for increasing the RAM. As long as you aren't putting in more than your OS can handle it certainly isn't going to do any harm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: