More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 03:40:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is antiredundancy necessary for AL?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is antiredundancy necessary for AL?  (Read 5297 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Is antiredundancy necessary for AL?
« on: 2008 October 04, 22:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know notownieregen is necessary, but is antiredundancy? I would like it if I didn't have to have antiredundancy, as I like marrying my sims to NPC's, and don't want to corrupt my hood because there are no maids.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Re: Is antiredundancy necessary for AL?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 04, 23:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will help you by saying "It doesn't work like that, idiot.". First of all: Antiredundancy IS necessary to avoid a BFBVBS if you expect to play your neighbourhood very long. Furthermore, running out of any NPC will force the game to generate a new one. Corruption will not, unless I am VERY much mistaken, occur. Also, don't create a new thread just because nobody responded to your first one.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 04, 23:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it necessary, and this is an important question! I don't plan on starting my game without an answer, and how is it idiotic to not know everything?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 04, 23:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really think Pescado would make a mod that could corrupt your hood through normal game-play?

Without antiredundancy the game will generate three of each NPC whether you need them or not.  That's an awful lot of useless characters and will contribute to the same BFBVFS as you'd get without notownieregen.  With antiredundancy the game will only create those NPCs it needs at any given time.  If you marry the maid, one new maid will spawn the next time one is needed.
If you understand why notownieregen is needed, you understand why antiredundancy is needed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 05, 00:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Provided there is no continuous spawning of NPC's like with townies, I do not mind multiples of each NPC. So I probably should have rephrased it to "Do NPC's spawn in AL like townies?" As long as there is no endless spawning, I will not use antiredundancy.

BTW, do you mean three everytime one dies/becomes playable, or three every time you first make a hood?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 05, 00:28:18 by parrot » Logged

BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 05, 00:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand it correctly, antiredundancy is not necessary if you don't mind having multiple sims of each NPC type.  Unless you get seriously crazy with marrying them into your families, the extra files shouldn't be enough to cause any problems.  However, more files always means longer load times, so it's a trade off.

I personally like having a bit of variety with my NPCs.  I wouldn't want everyone in my neighborhood to have the same maid, gardener, butler, etc.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 05, 00:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Provided there is no continuous spawning of NPC's like with townies, I do not mind multiples of each NPC. So I probably should have rephrased it to "Do NPC's spawn in AL like townies?" As long as there is no endless spawning, I will not use antiredundancy.

BTW, do you mean three everytime one dies/becomes playable, or three every time you first make a hood?
Three every time you make a 'hood. Then the game recreates one each time you kill one/marry one in.

When in doubt, download the hack to see what it does (by reading the RTFM). Your question would have been answered.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 05, 08:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand it correctly, antiredundancy is not necessary if you don't mind having multiple sims of each NPC type.  Unless you get seriously crazy with marrying them into your families, the extra files shouldn't be enough to cause any problems.  However, more files always means longer load times, so it's a trade off.
The kicker with the redundancy factor is that it will ALSO duplicate multiple copies of the many "nameless" NPCs: Ninjas, Social Workers, Repo Mans, Social Bunnies, etc. This tends to add a bunch of utter crap to your files. If you're fine with having a whole load of crap thrown in, then this is nothing to worry about. But just remember that every pile of crap thrown in will slow down your game, which can be quite annoying if your game is already stressing your computer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: