More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 03:00:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Mysterious case of the Silhouetted Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Mysterious case of the Silhouetted Sim  (Read 4661 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
The Mysterious case of the Silhouetted Sim
« on: 2005 November 04, 10:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim dormie at uni who has a tendency to go either invisible or like a black silhouette.
It started with me selecting her with Merola's mindcontrol mirror and giving her a makeover like I do to all dormies as a matter of course.
But when I used JM's clothing tool and bought her a nice outfit, it didn't show up there. Neither did ANY other clothes! Same when I tried a regular dresser.

In her pic in Bodyshop she is naked but with the makeup I put on her. I  can change her hair or her makeup but not her clothes. I can redo her face with the career object, redo her aspiration and turn ons/offs without a hitch.

So, now she is just wandering around invisible. If I have her take a shower she becomes the black silhouette.
And in the FFS lot debugger there is this Fix broken mood boosts item that does not go away when I click on it.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

INTJ
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
Re: The Mysterious case of the Silhouetted Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 04, 12:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims where the head turned into a blue polygon...if the plastic surgery object doesn't fix it I use Simpe's Sim surgery plugin. You need to have a stored copy of the sim prior the disfiguration to do this(a saved neighborhood or a Sims2pack/package file). Annnd you may get a crimplipped sim from the surgery, although this is fixable if you know how Roll Eyes

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 04, 12:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it is her entire body that is "naked" but silhouetted/invisible.
It is like clothing has been disabled on her... Roll Eyes

INTJ
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 04, 16:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was she wearing originally?  I was unable to change Sophie Miguel's clothes when I restarted Pleasantview.  I can't stand that awful tracksuit she wanders around in, but no matter how many times I bought her new outfits with the clothing tool, she couldn't wear them.  I wondered if it was because the tracksuit is also classified as athletic as well as everyday. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 04, 16:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was wearing that ugly blue Maxis sweaterdress.
But it is not selectable with clothingtool or dresser anymore.

INTJ
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 04, 18:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think NL did something to townies and their clothing. I used to be able to make a townie selectable, then direct him over to a dresser to change clothes. Now, after NL, whenever I do direct them to dressers, nothing ever shows up in the selection bin. So nowadays all my townies are stuck w/ their atrocious outfits. I really hope someone *hint hint* can mod it so that townies can change clothes again. Cuz it really is driving me nuts.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 04, 18:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think NL did something to townies and their clothing. I used to be able to make a townie selectable, then direct him over to a dresser to change clothes. Now, after NL, whenever I do direct them to dressers, nothing ever shows up in the selection bin. So nowadays all my townies are stuck w/ their atrocious outfits. I really hope someone *hint hint* can mod it so that townies can change clothes again. Cuz it really is driving me nuts.

And I was beginning to think I imagined it, that townies made selectable (either by testingcheats or merola's mind control mirror) could change outfits with the dressers/clothing tool. Phew.

SciBirg, I wonder if you have Inge's teleporters, and try moving the invisble dormie into a (rental) house, make her over and make her into a townie(?) again, then teleport her back to the dorm to have her re-claim her room, that it would fix her invisibility? Remember to backup first though.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 04, 21:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims where the head turned into a blue polygon...if the plastic surgery object doesn't fix it I use Simpe's Sim surgery plugin. You need to have a stored copy of the sim prior the disfiguration to do this(a saved neighborhood or a Sims2pack/package file). Annnd you may get a crimplipped sim from the surgery, although this is fixable if you know how Roll Eyes

I had the blue head thing happen to..it was fix when he transitioned to the next age stage. I suppose if you have an adult or elder sim that this happened to it would be even more annoying though and you wouldn 't want to wait.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 04, 21:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao, I have one that's invisible as well. I dropped some students into a dorm and there it was: a book, floating in mid air like someone was reading it. Someone was, the sim next to it was looking at them. I used Insiminator's 'the deleter' and removed them from the dorm. I haven't seen them since (no pun intended). Next time, I'll use the selector and see what my problem is, maybe it'll help fix yours.

Instant gratification takes too long.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 04, 21:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao, I have one that's invisible as well. I dropped some students into a dorm and there it was: a book, floating in mid air like someone was reading it. Someone was, the sim next to it was looking at them.
That's what happened to me last time I tried to change a townie's clothes. It didn't happen until the next time he showed up on a lot. Apparantly he came home with someone after work because suddenly I saw a grilled cheese sandwich eating itself in mid-air whilst people had a conversation with it.

Glad people pointed out NL messed with this. I just thought I couldn't remember how to do it right.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 06, 21:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to fix it following some of the suggestions in this thread. I moved her in to the frat house. She was able to change clothes but still only a black silhouette. Sent her to her to an exam. No change. She Visited campus on her own accord. Now she was visible outside (barely) but still a black shape inside the house. I had one of her frat mates go downtown and when he came back again she was suddenly visible.

I just hope it lasts...

INTJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: