More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 09:35:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Money vanishing into thin air...NL +patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Money vanishing into thin air...NL +patch  (Read 8225 times)
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Money vanishing into thin air...NL +patch
« on: 2005 November 03, 00:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I don't mean as in "I can't remember what I spent it on" either.

My Sim is losing money, seemingly random amounts, and at random times.  I've had two other simmers state they are experiencing the same issue. I'm noticing amounts as small as a few hundred dollars upwards to $15000 Shocked

So what is it that we're missing? Why is the money vanishing into thin air?  And is anyone else having this problem?

These are Legacy families we are dealing with...we can't afford to have the game just take whatever money it wants to at whatever time it wants!

A little insight as to why this is happening...anyone?

Thanks,
Ivy

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Money vanishing into thin air...NL +patch
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 03, 00:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is happening to me too on the odd occasion!

My Sims were relaxing on the bed and all of a sudden an amount of 896 simoleans floated on the screen (as it does when you've paid a bill or whatever etc). Seeing as they were both resting, nobody was spending money on anything, so it was a bit confusing??

Sorri I don't have any insight Ivy but if it's happening to more than one of us then I guess it's worth noting. Perhaps JM or TJ may have an idea?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 03, 01:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was someone else on the lot playing poker? Like a guest maybe? The money will still float up in the air like that but it won't come from your funds.

I don't think visiting sims autonomously hustle pool and that's way too much money for the nanny or maid to take. Not sure what else it could have been.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 03, 01:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem Ivy, money would suddenly be gone from the household funds, and I'd have no idea why.  Random amounts for each house would just disappear - no numbers floating around, money just gone! (one family in Pleasantview just back from Uni, and Beau Broke and Lucy Burb's house at Sim State).  It seemed to stop of its own accord though.

Strange.  It was pre-NL though.

<insert witty comment here>
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 03, 01:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am glad to hear someone else is experiencing this problem as well.  That makes me feel less like I'm just imagining it.

The poker table isn't on the lot in question.  The pool table is, but I don't believe they autonomously hustle either.   And it's also been weeks since my Sim has played poker, on a downtown lot.  So if the poker table is that glitchy...**shudders**  I don't believe it is related to this however since one other person that I know their Sims have never played poker and it's happening to them.

This is really frustrating!
Ivy

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 03, 01:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was someone else on the lot playing poker? Like a guest maybe? The money will still float up in the air like that but it won't come from your funds.

I don't think visiting sims autonomously hustle pool and that's way too much money for the nanny or maid to take. Not sure what else it could have been.

I don't have a poker table or pool table on my lot so alas, it still remains a mystery to me.  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 03, 01:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vecsta, that is weird that it happened pre-NL for you.  I never noticed it til the other day after installing NL.

Well shoot then maybe something in NL is triggering it to be more noticeable then...

How very odd...

Ivy

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 03, 01:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I'd mentioned it on here once before - it's one of my first posts on this site:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=44.msg494#msg494

No real solution though.  If it is a uni bug, it's one that it seems hasn't been fixed in NL.

<insert witty comment here>
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 03, 02:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vecsta...No no real solution and no one looking into it either.

Well someone needs to ! Where's Maxoid Tom when you need him, eh? Seems he's vanished again...

It's not something you can replicate or plan for though.  Just "poof" the money's gone.  No rhyme or reason that I can tell.

It's beyond frustrating to come across this glitch. 

Ivy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 03, 02:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vecsta...No no real solution and no one looking into it either.

Well someone needs to ! Where's Maxoid Tom when you need him, eh? Seems he's vanished again...

It's not something you can replicate or plan for though.  Just "poof" the money's gone.  No rhyme or reason that I can tell.

It's beyond frustrating to come across this glitch. 

Ivy
yep Maxoid Tom has become invisible just like the hooker in my game tonight

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 04, 10:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've gone ahead and moved them to a new lot.  Don't know if it'll keep happening or not, spent all last night building them a new home...

Am anxious to see if that fixes it.

Thanks Jfed...no you aren't imagining it.  It's not in your head...it really is happening!

Hopefully someone can figure out why and we can get it fixed.

Ivy

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 04, 10:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the maximum amount you can hustle at the pool table limited to 150 simoleans? Or has it changed in NL?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 04, 13:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the maximum amount you can hustle at the pool table limited to 150 simoleans? Or has it changed in NL?
I never really noticed how much a sim could make or lose hustling pool

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 04, 15:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really noticed how much a sim could make or lose hustling pool

Yes, it's $150 max and most of the time the pool game ends before it can happen. Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
tsrynolds
Blathering Buffoon

No, really, fuck this shit!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 05, 09:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this on certain lots in my game sometimes it happens downtown and other times it happens at residential lots.  I had one sim in the restroom and money amounts kept popping up above his head.  I was confused as I didn't remember toilets in the sims2 being pay toilets.  Must be a glitch that shows up randomly.  None of these lots had poker tables or pool tables though. Undecided

P.S. Hey Jfed!

OY!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 05, 14:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this on certain lots in my game sometimes it happens downtown and other times it happens at residential lots.  I had one sim in the restroom and money amounts kept popping up above his head.  I was confused as I didn't remember toilets in the sims2 being pay toilets.  Must be a glitch that shows up randomly.  None of these lots had poker tables or pool tables though. Undecided

P.S. Hey Jfed!
the toilets arent pay toilets downtown Grin

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 05, 18:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like all other weird glitches, I did move them out, bulldozed the lot and built them a new one.  New home as well.

Now I just have to decide between the 7 of them who stays and who goes...lol.

I can't make up my mind yet.

This is Legacy...so I need to decide so I can get on with the next generation.

Either the Slob or Mr Big will be the father of her kids.  However, Maisie wants to marry someone else.  So...decisions, decisions.  I'm getting grossed out at the slob, and Mr Big's primping is getting on my nerves.  They may have to go after their sperm donation...

At one time, she was (or is currently) in love with all 7 of them...lol.  This new furious state has its ups and downs.  There's nothing saying though that she can't get married and then have her partner die an untimely early death.  Then she could go back to dating after she has her babies for her impossible want...

Oh yeah, I haven't noticed any more weird money issues since I moved them...I'll try to keep an eye on it though and see what transpires.

Happy Simming,
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 06, 01:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

I don't know if this is related or not, but I saw last night that there is a Simoleon Shredder http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=204 which causes this exact phenomena you are describing. It deletes simoleons based on a percentage of the funds, so it would seem to be a random amount.

I'm wondering if somehow you have downloaded something that has this hack in it?

Eric mentions he might incorporate it into Insiminator. I don't use Insiminator so I don't know if he did that or not. Perhaps that is where the problem lies?
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 06, 15:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just double checked with the Clean Installer to make sure and nope...nothing new there.

I haven't downloaded anything like that, nor do I have InSim.

Thanks for asking about it though, lets me know another thing to be on the lookout for!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 06, 15:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

I don't know if this is related or not, but I saw last night that there is a Simoleon Shredder http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=204 which causes this exact phenomena you are describing. It deletes simoleons based on a percentage of the funds, so it would seem to be a random amount.

I'm wondering if somehow you have downloaded something that has this hack in it?

Eric mentions he might incorporate it into Insiminator. I don't use Insiminator so I don't know if he did that or not. Perhaps that is where the problem lies?
I have the insimenater sim vesion and the money shredder isnt on that version

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 06, 20:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, if one has NL, that shreadder is a bit obsolete as you can set family funds as needed.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: