More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:21:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What a waste of food!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What a waste of food!  (Read 16731 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What a waste of food!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 28, 02:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, who the hell comes home from WORK to *EAT*? Don't you know that mooching free office snacks is cheaper?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 28, 14:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just become a vamp. You'll never have to eat again! My vamps have had a total of two meals in the last ten days of game play. I'm considering deleting my stove on that lot and just having the fridge around for emergencies ... though of course there's also the energizer machine for dire emergencies, like when they are forced to go out in the daytime.

But now that I've figured out a fun way around conventional jobs that doesn't involve a money tree, they may never see sunlight again ...

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 28, 16:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But now that I've figured out a fun way around conventional jobs that doesn't involve a money tree, they may never see sunlight again ...
Do share!
krynnwoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 28, 19:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was playing a Uni house last night and noticed several things when I told a Sim to "Serve Food":

1. Several Sims were over, bringing the total number of sims in the house at 12. The Sim told to serve food proceeded to set out 9 settings of chili con carne from 1 serve food command with nothing left over on the serving plate.

2. Later, only four of the five Sims that live in the house were present. The Sim told to serve food served 4 servings of omlettes, with nothing left over on the serving plate.

Now, I forgot to see if I have any hacks in regarding food (I don't think I do but I've been wrong before) so that could be why this is happening. I also haven't checked any other houses yet.

And just FYI, I have a patched NL game. This isn't something I necessarily am looking for a fix for, more of an observation since I got NL and patched because I know this wasn't happening before.

Even the night must fail/For light sleeps in the eyes
And dark becomes dark on dark/Until the darkness dies.

Soon the eye resolves/Complexities of night
Into stillness, where the heart/Falls into fabled light

-Hymn to the Dawn, Dragonlance Legends
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 28, 19:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I put the patch into NL before I replaced any of my hacks, and until I put dizzy's hack back in, sims just served 6 servings no matter what, and kids couldn't serve themselves breakfast.  Now I have the hack in, they can.  so I would suggest that you check your downloads, the hack may have slipped in with a house.

Zephyr Zodiac
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 28, 20:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do share!

Well, it's a bit off topic, but I set up a music corner in Lucky's Card Shack, which I thought was too nice so I scuzzed it up a bit too. The bar, not the corner. I got rid of the Karaoke machine and now they have live music instead. It has a bass, guitar and piano. I thought about adding drums but I have two vamps and I was afraid that the odds of getting two GOOD musicians to join in were pretty minimal. So I took a chance that maybe one creative person might be hanging around ...

So now they can go to Lucky's and either play for tips, tend bar or play poker. Last night they did all three and took home around $500. (Joe Carr joined in on piano even though he hates them both on sight. He's pretty good.) I plan to post pictures on WorldSims, where I've got a storyline going about my new town ...

It may not be much moola, but they're vamps. They don't need food, just to pay the bills and buy a fun toy if they can afford it. Oh, and a cool car, eventually. And clothes. She's a bit of a clothes horse. Gotta look good when you're scaring the townies.  Grin They go on a LOT of dates but since they've stopped breathing they don't seem to need to eat so going out is, for the most part, free.

She does plan to attempt to seduce a few saps for some prezzies. Too many roses, not enough pianos, I say. But that's covered in another thread.

That is, however, money making method #4. Fleece the townies.  Grin

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 28, 22:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  Fleecing townies is my moneymaking method of choice!

I once did an experiment in a brand new neighborhood completely without hacks.  I sent a Sim to Uni with nothing but the clothes on her back and §500.  She made friends with professors and cheerleaders, and would spend all her time at a specially designed community lot that had 4 instruments.  These NPC's all had fairly high creativity, so they brought in good tips.

After 4 years of school, and selling the instruments I'd bought for the dorm, she graduated with exactly §110,000.  Just from managing a band and collecting their tips.  And she still got Summa Cum Laude and made a few best friends along the way. 

If you use JM's comm-skilling hack, you should graduate with at least §40K without even trying.  AND leave the piano in the dorm! Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 29, 00:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite often send my students down to the gym with a friend who's got high body skills.  the friend acts as a personal trainer while my sim works as a barista.  I've put computers there, so they can either write their term papers or influence someone to do it for them.  I won't say they've graduated with that kind of cash, but then I haven't pushed it to the limit!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 29, 01:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen Sims get up from the instruments and collect §1,200 from the tip jars.  But §400 to §900 is more likely.

Get everyone playing, then call to invite a friend.  After they've tipped everyone, call someone else.  Work as barista and let that guy tip everyone.  Go to class or finals and leave everyone playing.

The biggest problem is sometimes you can't Shoo some Sims off the instruments when you're ready to go home.  Putting soap in the fountain will usually get a couple of Sims off the instruments.  Admiring/Shooing/Talking will sometimes get others.  But especially if you've invited the Sim downtown from your home lot, then asked them to join you on the instruments, you can't get them off.  Luckily they can be made selectable and you can X out the perform function.  Currently you can make any visitor selectable with debug mode, not just the first invited Sim, for which I am eternally thankful.  (I don't like keeping the Mind Control Mirror on lots all the time, which is what I'd have to do on a downtown lot.)

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 29, 05:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most money I made in college was in the email challenge with the popularity sim who was obsessed with painting masterpieces. She would get a friend over to do her term paper, have a chat to a professor on the phone and then spend the rest of her time painting until she needed the energiser. She was almost always platinum, and raking in the cash.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 29, 10:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick a Gnomon's flamingo on the lot and she wouldn't need to waste precious painting time on the energiser!  And they work fine in NL.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 29, 22:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing email challenge, though, so no hacks that improve mood allowed. Flamingos are for kicking, that's it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 30, 01:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case I suppose it has to be the energizer or nothing!  And so risky, if they drop out of gold at just the wrong moment!  I 've so far had two sims with the grilled cheese aspiration through trying to change their aspirations as the wrong time!  (One was deliberate, Lilith was being obnoxious, so I did it to her to teach her a lesson!)

Zephyr Zodiac
krynnwoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 31, 17:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I went digging through my downloads folder and loo and behold I found twojeffs "serve everyone" hack in there.

So that explains my weird food servings. Just color me embarrassed!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 03, 20:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you didn't know you had it, there's nothing to be embarrassed about!

Zephyr Zodiac
krynnwoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 03, 21:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you didn't know you had it, there's nothing to be embarrassed about!

Thanks Zephyr!  Smiley

I should have checked my downloads folder prior to posting about it....

...but I'm glad I know the reason now!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 03, 21:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you have a new EP and a new patch, it's easy to think it's something in one of them that's not working right!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: