More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 22:19:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  NPC Noises Are Stalking Me
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NPC Noises Are Stalking Me  (Read 2491 times)
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
NPC Noises Are Stalking Me
« on: 2008 August 03, 02:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this problem for a long time and I am sick of it. In my rage, I went screwing with the sound settings in-game, but alas, it was no use. I have a noise or noises seemingly stuck on my lots. Let me explain.

I have various lots in a 100% custom neighborhood created following the amazingly Awesome tutorials and empty templates I found here at MATY, though this has happened on non-custom lots in previous games, too. Every time the gardener or nanny comes to my lot(s), the NOISE that goes with the car/truck/van/whatever STAYS on the lot even after said NPC is gone. I have found it's mostly from nannies. This is on and off, never consistent - but when it happens, it is extraordinarily annoying. It stays for at least 12 sim hours, then all of a sudden will stop.

To be honest, I don't know what noise it is. It could be the gardener, but it sounds like a mix between the gardener's truck and/or the helicopter. I have no idea.

So my question is obviously going to be if there is any way to get rid of this. I recently had to delete and regenerate my entire My Docs/EA Games folder because of some corrupt files, and that didn't solve this issue in new neighborhoods. I have mostly Awesome hacks, as well as some non-Awesome, but none conflict according to Paladin's Hack Conflict Detector.

If anyone needs more info, please let me know. I would love to be rid of the noise.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: NPC Noises Are Stalking Me
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 03, 02:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem on one of my lots, but it was the carpool car.  The noise would start as soon as the carpool left and didn't stop until my sim returned home.  What's even more strange, it was only 1 lot, it did it 2 days in a row and then stopped.  The only thing that was different afterwards, was he got a promotion and moved up to the limo.  Before it was the long gray lincoln/mercury?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: NPC Noises Are Stalking Me
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 03, 05:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to the music settings in-game and switch from whatever it is on to something else (eg; from stereo to 4.0) Go back into game for a couple of seconds then switch back. Looping noise should be gone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: