More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 06, 19:53:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  this dirt stinks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this dirt stinks  (Read 7464 times)
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
this dirt stinks
« on: 2008 July 24, 08:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so, I downloaded some obviously non-awesome hack that has replaced the normal "Pleasant Earth Dirt" and now I can't find it to remove it. I tried to find it with the catagorizer and nada, I've looked through all my hack that are (with the exception of build mode objects that come with downloaded lots) very well organized when I download them... I have no idea what the file name is. Nothing I have seems close. How the heck do I find this thing to remove it?

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Re: this dirt stinks
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 24, 09:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to perform a binary search

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 24, 13:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it the hack that makes dirt invisible, incidentally? Anyway, if you remember where you downloaded it from, you can go and try to find it in its site by description, then you'll know its name and could just delete it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 24, 14:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, an actual description of what the hack does might help people to help you. I have a hack that deals with the dirt plots, but I can't tell you if it's the same, as you haven't fully described your issue.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 24, 15:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes the palnts grow very quickly, and seemingly always healthy with no weeding needed. I've tried to find the site I downloaded it from but I can't seem to find it. I'll try the binary search thing... never done that before so here goes...

OK I clicked the link for that and read the information... I have no clue how to do that or what I would do with it once I find it.

Edit by moderator: oh hai, I fixed ur double post
« Last Edit: 2008 July 25, 01:44:32 by BastDawn » Logged

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 24, 16:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take out half your downloads and try game. If problem has gone the problem is in the half you took out ... otherwise it's still there. Either way keep repeating this process until you are down to the varmint you want. It doesn't take long, since halving (or doubling) starts having dramatic effects very quickly.

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 24, 19:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes the palnts grow very quickly, and seemingly always healthy with no weeding needed. I've tried to find the site I downloaded it from but I can't seem to find it...
Could you possibly mean 'Always Perfect Gardens' by TwoJeffs? Don't know what that would have to do with the dirt itself, but it's the first thing that came to mind from your description.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 24, 19:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's the case, I think the OP is oldversioned.  I use Alwaysperfectgardens and have not noticed a problem with dirt disappearing.

Tribulatio proxima est
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 24, 19:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possibly 2 hacks? There is this one at mts2:Yay! Gardens can have terrains! (Invisible Garden Plot Bases) - Default Replacement]=http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=282161]Yay! Gardens can have terrains! (Invisible Garden Plot Bases) - Default Replacement

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 24, 19:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not the invisable garden plot, and its not the always perfect one. I had the ap one but I took that out long ago. the plot itself ahows up with a custom content star thingy on the pic but the name and description are the same as always. I guess I will start a hunt grrrrrr... its just that I always put downloads into catagorized files and nothing seems remotely the same as this.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 24, 19:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, hang on...  Are we talking about a hack, as in game modification, or a CC object, as in a CC type-o-dirt/garden plot that includes the 'plants-gro-fast' feature?  If it's an object and your downloads are organized, search your CC objects.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 24, 19:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a reckoning of where you downloaded it from at least?

Also... maybe some screen shots?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 24, 20:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, screen shots would definitely be a help here. And if you've no idea what the file could possibly be, then it's time for the binary search. I know it sounds tedious and time-consuming, but it goes *much* more quickly than you'd expect.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 24, 23:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it may be one of this persons mods, I believe that a few of them say that the plot will be buyable.
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=316424

edit: this guy has a few garden type hacks as well.
http://hideki.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=174726
« Last Edit: 2008 July 24, 23:14:12 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 25, 00:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, hang on...  Are we talking about a hack, as in game modification, or a CC object, as in a CC type-o-dirt/garden plot that includes the 'plants-gro-fast' feature?  If it's an object and your downloads are organized, search your CC objects.

Absolutely. If it's a hacked object as opposed to a "pure" hack, then the item should be findable in the build/buy catalogue and should be deletable from there.

me shit
Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

For my constant dirty thoughts...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 29, 04:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also if the thing you're looking for is an actual mod or hack for the game and not an object you can find to delete in game, you can open up Sims2Pack Clean Installer and click on Downloads folder (upper right) - all modification files to game are in red, sort through those and you should be able to spot it.

I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: