More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 02:46:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No F001 hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No F001 hood  (Read 2651 times)
simmerphi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No F001 hood
« on: 2008 June 25, 12:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am in the process of doing a full reinstall of my game and adding FT to the mix.  I have all EPs and 3 SP.  I though everything was going smoothly until I started adding the empty templates I got here.  That's when I noticed that I don't have the F001 file in my neighborhood folder,(C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods).  The F002 file is in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\F002.
Does this mean that my install disc is defective?
Should I take it back to the store and get a new one or is there a way to extract the F001 folder from the disc and insert it into the game? 
Also, if I ever get it installed correctly, can I play the game with only the 1st patch so I can use the current no-cd crack?

Thanks
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: No F001 hood
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 25, 13:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, you don't put the empty templates in your My Docs directory -- you put them in the Program Files directories, under their respective game '...\TSDATA\Res\Neighborhoodtemplate' folders.  The game creates the default My Docs Neighborhoods stuff the first time you run it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
simmerphi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 25, 14:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, you don't put the empty templates in your My Docs directory -- you put them in the Program Files directories, under their respective game '...\TSDATA\Res\Neighborhoodtemplate' folders.  The game creates the default My Docs Neighborhoods stuff the first time you run it.

Thanks
I am putting the empty templates in the right place.

I should have been clearer that it was when I set up my Downloads folder that I looked in the My Docs Neighborhoods folder and noticed that all the others, N001.... etc, where in there but not F001. I haven't played the game at all yet so I didn't expect to see them. 

So were they generated by adding the next EP since I haven't run the game at all yet?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 25, 15:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps adding later EPs did generate the earlier hoods.  But start up the game, and you should see all the hoods there when you leave.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: