More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:48:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problems with trees and crashing game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problems with trees and crashing game  (Read 4379 times)
marisalianex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problems with trees and crashing game
« on: 2008 May 09, 15:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed all my sims games yesterday on my newly redone computer. They all worked before now now when i go on all the trees look funny and if i try to go to a house or family the game says it crashed and yadda yadda. Anyone know what could be wrong? Heres a picture of the trees and stuff.

if that doesnt work click here..
http://i32.tinypic.com/2urs94w.jpg
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Problems with trees and crashing game
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 09, 21:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you got custom tree recolours? Could be causing that.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 10, 04:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom tree recolors seems like it. It looks like a missing texture file.

marisalianex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 10, 05:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i just put it on my computer for the first time so how could that be it?  And i dont understand why the game crashes when i try to open a family or house.  Could it be something with my driver?
marisalianex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 10, 05:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and... custom tree recolours im not quite sure what that is, so im assuming since i just put it on my computer that i dont have it.  Lol
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 10, 06:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was late to the game getting Seasons and missed the pre-patch bug fun, so I'm not positive about this, but wasn't there some kind of tree problem with the unpatched Seasons game? Someone with a better memory might be able to say if this was the problem or not. But until then, have you patched your game?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 10, 08:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a tree problem with the unpatched Seasons game, but it wasn't this. It was that the 'ghost' images of the trees in the neighbourhood became wonky on family lots. There were 'hood trees inside houses, in the middle of the road, etc, but there were no missing texture files. Still, it can't hurt to patch. If that doesn't work, re-installing might help. It's possible that the Objects.package file has been corrupted, though it seems odd for this to happen directly after a first installation.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
marisalianex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 10, 17:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont have seasons so i dont think that would be it.  I have sims 2, University, nightlife, Open for buisness, and i just bought bon voyage 2 days ago.  Thats why i decided to install it on my computer.  I think im going to uninstall them and reinstall and see if that works or something.  Anyone else have any other ideas on what maybe causing this?  Or any ideas about why my game crashes when i click on a house or family? 

-Marisa
marisalianex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 10, 17:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i just took all the games off except the actual sims 2 game.  The trees were still the same way and the game still crashes.  That leaves me to believe that when my computer was redone something was done wrong.  Any imput?  Its weird though because other games work on here.  I just wish i could get it to work
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 10, 19:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove the Sims2 as well, as it may be a corrupt objects.package or another corrupt file, then reinstall. You may want to run the game after each install to see if the problem crops up again, before you go through installing the rest.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: