More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:09:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making sim pregnant with another sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making sim pregnant with another sim  (Read 2731 times)
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Making sim pregnant with another sim
« on: 2008 April 29, 20:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I saw instructions on how to do this once, way back when.   Undecided  It may have been here, but searches haven't turned up anything relevant so far.

My concern is for two sims whose kids seem to be either hit or miss, and I don't want to fill their house up with fuglies trying to get the pretty ones.  In CAS, I rolled a series of kids I'd like for them to have and saved them in their own family.  I know how to copy appearances from one sim to another, but I'd prefer to make it more "official" and actually have her give birth, despite what extra effort that would require.

So, is it possible at all to change the DNA of an unborn sim?

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Making sim pregnant with another sim
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 29, 21:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. An unborn sim doesn't have any genetics, in fact it's not even a "sim" until it's born, it's just a pregnancy token in the mother sim.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 29, 21:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since all newborns look exactly alike except eye and skin color, why don't you just change the DNA after the baby is born but before it ages up - shouldn't be able to tell at all.

Or take one of the sims you like, age it down to newborn and use a hack for cloning over to clone it onto the newborn and then have the fairies take the doppleganger away somewhere - that'd be a lot more interesting.

Or, even more fun, if the baby turns out ugly and with a bad personality have the parents insist it must actually be a fae doppleganger and set out to prove it (throwing the infant in the fire, traditionally) and quest to get their 'real' baby back.

Unsouper
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 29, 22:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. An unborn sim doesn't have any genetics, in fact it's not even a "sim" until it's born, it's just a pregnancy token in the mother sim.

I know that, the only reason I thought this would be possible is because I *thought* I saw it covered somewhere before.  Gah!  That was a few years ago.  Who knows what I originally saw.  >_<

The idea of what I'm wanting to do doesn't have to involve "unborn DNA".  Just a means of getting the game to use the DNA from a premade sim instead of generating it at random.  I wouldn't know if that's possible though. 

Or take one of the sims you like, age it down to newborn and use a hack for cloning over to clone it onto the newborn and then have the fairies take the doppleganger away somewhere - that'd be a lot more interesting.

Can you age sims in to newborns?  I aged a sim from newborn to adult once to see what it would look like, but wasn't able to age him back, not past a toddler anyways.  I was using insim. 

Or, even more fun, if the baby turns out ugly and with a bad personality have the parents insist it must actually be a fae doppleganger and set out to prove it (throwing the infant in the fire, traditionally) and quest to get their 'real' baby back.

Oh god, I think you just gave me the inspiration I need for my next story Grin
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 29, 23:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the best thing to do would be to change their DNA as infants. All the infants kind of look the same anyway, so you could just pretend it doesn't count.

You could try using simsurgery on them as toddlers, and give them the dna of the toddler sims you created in CAS. That's probably what I would do, since I'm not much good with simPE and there are a ton of simsurgery tutorials.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: