More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 03:14:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fine. I didn't want your help anyway!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fine. I didn't want your help anyway!  (Read 5961 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Fine. I didn't want your help anyway!
« on: 2005 October 30, 21:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the patch, I no longer have any university related influence options (not even grayed out).  So, no option to influence that annoying random dormie to do the term paper.  THe option is completely gone.  Anyone else have this problem?  Eep.  I hope there's a fix for this.

C Huh

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Fine. I didn't want your help anyway!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 30, 22:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's strange is that I don't ever remember having the option to "influence to do my term paper." I looked a few times and it never came up in the influence options for my college sims. Very annoying when the sim I was playing rolled that want. I rarely got the option to "influence to do my assignment" either. More proof that just like Sims1, Sims2 is possessed. Wish I knew what to tell you, the only thing I'm wondering is if it has to do with majors. Does the sim you influence to do the work have to be the same major, I don't know. Sorry I'm not much help.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 30, 23:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all of my sims roll those wants, but a few do.

I'm not sure, but I think it may be a combination of things relating to your sim.  My knowledge sims never seem to roll that want, but some popularity sims do.  I'm not sure if it has anything to do with laziness or not, but it seems that a knowledge sim who's lazy won't roll the "influence to do my assignment/term paper", but a popularity (and maybe romance?) sim who's lazy will.  I haven't really paid attention to the laziness factor that much, so I'm not positive about that, but maybe someone else who's more awsome than me (by a long shot!) can give more help.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 00:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it's not a problem of rolling the wants, but they are unable to do the action at all.  No one is.  Of any personality.

C

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 00:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean to add the confusion about the wants for influencing a sim to do their term paper or assignment, sorry. I just meant that when my sim would roll the want, I didn't have the option to do it. I still wonder if it has something to do with needing to find a sim with the same major, or do you need to have enough "influence points" to be able to have the option? Maybe for the term paper your sim needs to be at a high influence level to be able to do it. Undecided
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 31, 01:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Major doesn't matter, but you do need to have 2,500 influence points to have the option appear, as that's what it costs.  You also need to have a computer available.

If you don't have an undone assignment on the lot, you shouldn't get the Influence/Do Assignment option.

No idea why someone with all the necessary qualifications to get these options wouldn't get them.  Unless it's a... DUN DUN DUNNNN... conflicting hack. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 31, 01:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea why someone with all the necessary qualifications to get these options wouldn't get them.  Unless it's a... DUN DUN DUNNNN... conflicting hack. Smiley

Hook

most likely woolprop or some such.  Bleh.  I finally found what was causing those blank wants though... see other thread

C

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 31, 01:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know Hook, thank you. It's possible that every time I looked at the "Influence to..." my sim didn't have enough influence points yet. I usually don't pay too much attention because the "complete term paper" or "complete assignment" want gives me much more aspiration points than the wants for influencing a sim to do them. I usually have my sims influence to clean (serving a meal has proven dangerous as the influenced sim usually sets a fire) for the aspiration points, or influence to flirt, tell a joke or talk for the fun of it (or if it's a way for two certain sims to meet).
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 31, 01:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a Sim get a want to influence someone to write his term paper, which he did.  The Sim immediately rolled up a want to write a term paper!  So off he goes.

Now, I already knew about the term paper exploit, where you can get double credit if you have one Sim write your paper then write another yourself before the first Sim is finished, but this appears to be validation that it's intentional.

I once had more influence points than good sense, and influenced TWO different Sims to write term papers, then sent my Sim to a third computer to help.  With all that collaboration, it filled the grade meter completely.

Hook

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 31, 01:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a Sim get a want to influence someone to write his term paper, which he did.  The Sim immediately rolled up a want to write a term paper!  So off he goes.

Now, I already knew about the term paper exploit, where you can get double credit if you have one Sim write your paper then write another yourself before the first Sim is finished, but this appears to be validation that it's intentional.

I once had more influence points than good sense, and influenced TWO different Sims to write term papers, then sent my Sim to a third computer to help.  With all that collaboration, it filled the grade meter completely.

Hook

Grumble grumble... it'd be nice to not have to write them anymore..... The option is not even grayed out... it's just not there.

C

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 31, 07:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem in a greek house and I finally worked out it was that stupid alien computer - no one could write term papers or influence people to do it. Can you get sims to write the papers themselves? If not, you might want to check the computers on the lot.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 31, 10:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem in a greek house and I finally worked out it was that stupid alien computer - no one could write term papers or influence people to do it. Can you get sims to write the papers themselves? If not, you might want to check the computers on the lot.

Yes, they can write the paper themselves.  Just no influence.

C

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 31, 21:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, all I can think is that you have inadvertently downloaded an anti-plagiarism hack. There's obviously a disgruntled professor out there who doesn't like all the cheating, and wants to put a stop to it.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 31, 21:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CHEATING!??  Hey, the professors are more than happy to collaborate on your term papers!  Whatever happened to Publish or Perish?  Cheesy

Hook

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: