More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:04:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lots don't fit in area where they should.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lots don't fit in area where they should.  (Read 3297 times)
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lots don't fit in area where they should.
« on: 2008 January 05, 03:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had the problem of trying to fit a lot in where there should be plenty of space for it, and yet it does'nt fit in. I moved a Maxis lot to make room for another and I could not get it into that space no matter what I did. I moved neightborhood items, made sure there were no trees in the way, etc. Then to add insult to injury, the orginal Maxis lot would not fit back there either. Undecided What gives? Is there some cheat that only Maxis knows and uses to get lots to fit in places? Is there a cheat that anyone else can use? Has this happened to anyone else? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Cool
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Lots don't fit in area where they should.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 05, 03:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may have something to do with the lot itself. IIRC, there are some EAxis lots that aren't level around the edges. This makes them so that they cannot be placed. Try entering the lot in question and look around the outer edges, see if any of them are not completely flat.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 05, 05:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As lemonfresh said, it sounds like the original lot has unlevel edges.  Lots with unlevel edges corrupt the neighborhood terrain so you can no longer place other lots in that spot.  See this thread for further explanation.
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 05, 07:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank all of you for your help. Smiley I might also warn you not to Move the Maxis lot with the red roofed hotel in the mountain vacation. Probably better not move the other one either. Roll Eyes I don't often gripe about them, but leave it to Maxis to put out these corrupt lots, and then not warn anyone not to try and move them.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 05, 10:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when you move stuff around such as neighbourhood decorations, and lots with ponds, uneven terrain etc, it leaves an invisible marker there so you can't place anything down. Usually what I do is move stuff out of the way, load up another hood or sub-hood, then go back to the original hood. It clears off the space of crap and you can put stuff down.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 05, 12:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also helps to put back the original lot, use the "flatten terrain" tool (not sure how it's called, I mean the one that flattens the ground with one single click instead of dragging) on it and bulldoze it afterwards. Only if the game *lets* you put it back, of course Wink.

I've taken to build most lots in a "building only" subhood with completely flat terrain and have never had problems to place them since, though I like to move them around a lot. Only lots where I want to keep the characteristics of the terrain (e.g. for houses on steep slopes) are built in the respective "playing hood" itself.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: