More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:12:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Are EP1/University compatible careers okay with Nightlife?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Are EP1/University compatible careers okay with Nightlife?  (Read 7226 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Are EP1/University compatible careers okay with Nightlife?
« on: 2005 October 19, 18:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking around and have been unable to get a straight answer on this so I figured I'd ask you guys. There's lots of careers that were updated for University but whose creators really aren't around anymore. As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem like NL made any more changes to careers other than what University did with them so in theory it seems like they should be okay, but I have no first hand experience and am a bit wary after what happened with the careers when University first came out.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Re: Are EP1/University compatible careers okay with Nightlife?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 19, 18:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The word has been that they've performed fine so far.

I myself have about 6-8 custom careers I put back into the game after Nightlife install and have had no problems with promotions, although I haven't played enough to get a chance card yet.  I have Bella Goth in the modeling career, and I created a downtownie who was also involved in that career path.  Bella brought him home as a friend from work shortly after that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 19, 18:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll give them a try.

I have a headmaster I've moved in and would like to have him in Poojkins update of LJ's education career (where headmaster is the top) but was kind of afraid to try without hearing back from anyone on it.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 19, 19:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a headmaster I've moved in and would like to have him in Poojkins update of LJ's education career (where headmaster is the top) but was kind of afraid to try without hearing back from anyone on it.

I was just thinking about this after reading the thread about moving nannies in - so the headmaster is safe to move in/marry now? I remember reading something a while ago about how he was pure evil and could/would fubar a house if you moved him in. Or something like that.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 19, 19:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently moved a couple in with no problems. For some reason I used to get all elder ones before but in my new neighborhood I'm getting younger ones that are adults.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 03:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading something a while ago about how he was pure evil and could/would fubar a house if you moved him in. Or something like that.

Other than aging, where the former HM was supposed to have aged into an elder and acts like one but the lifestage still shows him as an adult, I haven't got any serious problems Undecided. I've always got 2 moved in and married to my sims, but never/haven't gotten around to playing out their lifespan to see if they would die when their adult age meter is filled up, or if they'd just have another birthday and have the elder lifestage stick the second time round.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 05:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard there was a bug where you couldn't invite the headmaster for dinner if you had married one, but I think a hack or patch fixed it, maybe one of JM's hacks?  I'm not sure because that was a while back.
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 05:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do custom careers replace the default Maxis ones?

I downloaded the modeling career from MTS2 once, and it replaced a default Maxis one, so I took it out.

I wouldn't mind a couple of custom careers but I don't want them replacing the default Maxis ones.

Does anybody have any links to those custom careers?

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 05:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard there was a bug where you couldn't invite the headmaster for dinner if you had married one, but I think a hack or patch fixed it, maybe one of JM's hacks?

The phone hack fixes that. I'm lucky I've never run into this problem in the base game, even w/o hacks.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 07:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do custom careers replace the default Maxis ones?

I downloaded the modeling career from MTS2 once, and it replaced a default Maxis one, so I took it out.

I wouldn't mind a couple of custom careers but I don't want them replacing the default Maxis ones.

Does anybody have any links to those custom careers?

They only replace default Maxis ones if they are done incorrectly.

For safety sake, it's a good idea to only download careers by the more experienced custom career makers.  p00jkins is arguably the best and most well-known of those.  Any of hers should be fine, and she's done a lot!  She also tends to make complete careers meaning they have all the chance cards and everything.  As for other authors, I'm sure there are good ones but it pays to read the feedback they are getting before deciding to download and install.

http://www.modthesims2.com/testground.php?f=229
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 11:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard there was a bug where you couldn't invite the headmaster for dinner if you had married one, but I think a hack or patch fixed it, maybe one of JM's hacks?

The phone hack fixes that. I'm lucky I've never run into this problem in the base game, even w/o hacks.

Actually, now that I think about it, one of my families where I moved one in has been unable to get the call headmaster prompt and I didn't make the connection and thought something else was causing it, but it probably is that bug I suppose. I have the latest phonehack in testing for NL too. Tried selling the phone and rebuying it, tried cellphones. I guess I could try getting rid of the phone hack temporarily. *shrug*

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 21, 00:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm probably hijacking here, but I just recently noticed that in the "declare major" dialog, a lot of the careers (you know where it says what careers the majors go with) have been replaced with custom ones. Have other people had this happen? Is it supposed to? (I mean, are custom careers supposed to be linked to Uni careers? Do the creators link them, or is it based on what careers they were made from? Or is it random? Cause it frequently doesn't make sense.)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 21, 01:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, now that I think about it, one of my families where I moved one in has been unable to get the call headmaster prompt and I didn't make the connection and thought something else was causing it, but it probably is that bug I suppose. I have the latest phonehack in testing for NL too. Tried selling the phone and rebuying it, tried cellphones. I guess I could try getting rid of the phone hack temporarily. *shrug*

One problem I had in the base game was not being able to invite the HM for a third time. It happened to the Brokes, Burbs and Dreamers, the only families with 3 kids. I never tried it again after realising that, always waited till the third child caught up with the second one in lifestage before inviting the HM. Just as well, doing only 1 or 2 invites for all three children to get into private school all at once. Although I'm curious if the problem still exist, if the phone hack would fix that (I haven't applied the Uni patch yet), I just don't fancy spending all that time testing it out Tongue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 21, 01:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've called the headmaster several times for one family.  Once I got JM's lot debugger and did the AWOL headmaster thing, I was finally able to call the headmaster for one family that I had never been able to before.  They would call and he would say he'd come, but he'd never come.  Another thing I did was follow JM's advice about not saving after calling the headmaster until after the kids had been accepted.  So I call right at 4:30-5pm, saving right before, and no more problems.  In fact, I had gotten so used to doing this that I almost forgot it was a bug.   Undecided
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 21, 01:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still not certain what the AWOL headmaster thing does. I notice every time I use it for the first time on any lot, even lots where I've never invited the headmaster and don't have any kids, it always says fixed one problem.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 21, 02:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even have the option at all when I clicked on the phone after having invited the HM twice. As for the bug with the HM sometimes leaving as soon as he arrived, it wasn't until I stumbled upon Merola's Mind Control Mirror that I realised why, and started calling only around 4pm, saving before calling and saving again only after the kids were accepted. It wasn't until the Uni EP (and lots of time spent searching for answers on the BBS) that I got JMP's (along with some of other modders) hacks to add to the mirror and Multi-painting Tongue. Still not motivated to find out the time consuming way if the phone hack would fix the not being able to invite HM for a third time problem though Tongue.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 21, 02:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice every time I use it for the first time on any lot, even lots where I've never invited the headmaster and don't have any kids, it always says fixed one problem.

I accidentally clicked fix AWOL HM on the debugger once, the children didn't have the option to get on the bus to go to school from then on. I restored a backup I made before playing and the accidental click.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 21, 02:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still not certain what the AWOL headmaster thing does. I notice every time I use it for the first time on any lot, even lots where I've never invited the headmaster and don't have any kids, it always says fixed one problem.
JM says it just resets the Headmaster controller.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: