More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:45:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This wasn't supposed to happen!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This wasn't supposed to happen!  (Read 6079 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
This wasn't supposed to happen!
« on: 2005 October 19, 04:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this happening but I never experienced it until tonight. How common are "accidental" pregnancies in this game? One of my YAs just had his very first woohoo, and got the woman pregnant! I couldn't believe it. I have no risky woohoo mod installed at all. What are the odds of this happening? My sims need better birth control!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: This wasn't supposed to happen!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 19, 04:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without hacks, there is no accidental pregnancy. The Inteenimater includes a 5% (I think) chance of it happening, though I think you can disable it using the biological clock. Was the woman a YA, or older?.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 19, 06:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there is accidental pregnancy in the game. Don't know the exact numbers though.
I was wrong:

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I am very sorry for the difficulties which you have experienced with The Sims 2.  The chance of getting pregnant while doing just woohoo is 0%.  Sims can only get pregnant with the "Try for a Baby" option.  Although many of our games are very technical in nature or difficult to play, the issue you are encountering is not with the game. You may want to surf the web and check out some of the major video game sites as they usually offer gameplay hints for EA games. One major resource for Hints and Tips is http://www.gamefaqs.com . Also, newsgroups are a good source of information as hardcore gamers often message each other back and forth in these forums.

You may also log in to http://www.thesims2.ea.com and join the Community BBS for more hints and tips. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Japhet G
EA Games Technical Support
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 12:43:43 by SciBirg » Logged

INTJ
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 19, 06:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

somebody once explained that it's possible to have your pointer close to the Woohoo option so that it looks like you are clicking on woohoo but you are actually clicking on Try for Baby.

I guess you chould say that birth control does fail in the Sims for the same reason it fails in real life - human error.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 19, 06:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this happening but I never experienced it until tonight. How common are "accidental" pregnancies in this game?
Like in real life, the odds of an accidental pregnancy are based on how fat-fingered you are. I believe Hook has a diagram of how you can fatfinger it. Because you're a dumb, incompetent Brynne and would likely do something like that. Nyah.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 19, 11:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, JM, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me!
I do have the inteeminator installed, so I guess maybe that must be it. And I very well could have misclicked, as I do that from time to time. I don't know how many times I accidentally clicked "Make me a townie" on the teleporter shrub instead of "clear off...". Ah, well, what's done is done. New baby on the way!
And the pregnant sim is an adult, not a young adult, to answer that question.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 19, 12:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, without the Inteenimator, you wouldn't have even got the Try for Baby option!  Hope the adult sim who's got prgnant isn't married to someone else, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 19, 12:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Brynne, there is a slogan - "You are spitted in your face, but you say -  it's God's Dew"...Smiley.

Seems to be flatterring to be insulted, with ripped off lips from the Awesome...Smiley.

He he...Smiley.

Edit:  I am jelous...Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 12:50:35 by gali » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 19, 13:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my original post from the Maxis BBS:

You clicked on Woohoo but your Sim got pregnant?  Here's why

If you ever had a Sim get pregnant when you clicked on Woohoo (not Try for Baby), there's a good reason.  Check out the following picture:

http://img1.yoxio.com/img/133823.jpg

Notice where the cursor is, and notice which option is highlighted. The cursor is very nearly touching Woohoo, but the Try for Baby option is highlighted instead. If I'd clicked there, I'd be selecting Try for Baby, not Woohoo.  It would be very easy to do this accidentally.

What's happening here is, pie menus are divided into slices by lines that run from the center of the menu and go straight outwards, like slicing a real life pie.  But the menu selection buttons aren't centered exactly in the pie slices.  So you can end up selecting the wrong menu item.  If you draw a line from the center of the pie chart (about where her left eye is) that passes through the point on the cursor, if you click on that line or anything above it you end up with Try for Baby instead of Woohoo.  If you click below that line, you get Woohoo.

Test this yourself by moving the cursor around on a pie menu without clicking anything.  The option that is highlighted at the time you click is the one that is selected.

So it's very easy to select Try for Baby when you were attempting to Woohoo.  And you probably won't ever notice it... at least until you find out you have a new bundle of joy on the way. :-)

Hope this helps.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 19, 13:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps that's what happened to Brandi!!!!  I'm sure even she couldn't be so stupid as to try for a baby while she's still got a toddler and a disaffected teen on her hands!  (Or could she?)

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 19, 13:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably what happened, hook. I've noticed the cursor being "off" target a few times before.  Like I said before, I've accidentally made many of my sims into townies with the teleporter shrub, when I really just wanted to clear off visitors!
Thanks for the picture. Illustrates the problem perfectly.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 19, 13:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps that's what happened to Brandi!!!!  I'm sure even she couldn't be so stupid as to try for a baby while she's still got a toddler and a disaffected teen on her hands!  (Or could she?)

Poor fat-fingered Brandi!
This little incident in my game is kind of funny because it was the poor YA male's very first time! I had him propose to the pregnant sim to make an honest woman out of her Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 19, 13:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows, though, if a YA can get the choice of woohoo or try for baby when romancing an adult female, then it's the female (YA) sims who practice birth control!  (Unless, maybe, it works in reverse too?) 

I do hope he wasn't a romance sim with the LTW for 20 woohoos!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 19, 13:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, fortunately he's a Pleasure seeker. Well, I sure hope he enjoyed his moment of "pleasure"! The female sim was a romance sim, though. And she's slept with the YA's father and two of his brothers before sleeping with him. I had to modify those relationships to avoid jealousy. I also changed her to the Pleasure aspiration to better match the father of the baby. Now they have three lightening bolts for each other.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 19, 16:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor fat-fingered Brandi!
This little incident in my game is kind of funny because it was the poor YA male's very first time! I had him propose to the pregnant sim to make an honest woman out of her Grin

Uh-huh!  Which is exactly why they shouldn't be fooling around while they're still in college and/or not married!  Grin

Seriously, though, I've noticed I have to be a lot more careful since installing NL because not only are options on different areas of the pies but quite a few are getting highlighted when my cursor's closer to something else.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: