More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 21, 09:35:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540279 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6539 Members
Latest Member: LittleBill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SecuROM on H&M Fashion Stuff
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SecuROM on H&M Fashion Stuff  (Read 3770 times)
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
SecuROM on H&M Fashion Stuff
« on: 2007 October 14, 15:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know it's on there.  I've read a lot of threads and I'm still confused.  Is that version as bad as Bon Voyage?  Also, my latest expansion pack is Open for Business.  Do I use that instead of the H&M disk?  I wouldn't trust the BBS to feed my dog correctly, so I'm asking here since this is the only place that I can get real, honest answers from. 

Thank you in advance!

Laura 

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: SecuROM on H&M Fashion Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 14, 16:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, H&M stuff has the same version of SecuROM as BV.  I don't have it, so I don't know if it uses its own disk to start, of if you use OFB.  I know that if you have Seasons you used that disk to start, instead of the H&M one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 14, 16:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crapola!  I'm glad I uninstalled.  I think the only "problem" I had when H&M was on my computer was that Windows Media Player wouldn't recognize a blank disk.  Roxio Easy Media Creator did, thank goodness.  I really want to have my Sims games back; the problem is I just don't want to risk screwing up my computer.  Now, my computer is definitetly not new at all.  I've had it a few years.  Also, I love that stuff pack.  I love the clothes.  However, if I need to run it with the disk, then I'm not going to risk it.

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 14, 17:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, EPs after Pets use the latest EP executable, but EPs before Pets use the latest SP executable. FFS was released between OFB and Pets, and it used its own executable, superseding OFB one. So if you have only up to OFB, I think you'll need to use H&M executable.

To avoid Securom being planted, NEVER run the original executable that came on CD, use NoCD instead. Securom won't be installed until you run the original exe for the first time.

If you already ran the H&M exe once, backup your downloads and neighborhood, uninstall H&M (you don't have to uninstall OFB), follow the stickied tutorial to remove Securom completely, and do fresh install of H&M. Get NoCD for H&M from GameCopyWorld and copy it to your <Your H&M Game Directory>\TSBin folder.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 17, 15:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is something terribly ironic about having to venture on the "dark side" of the net where you stand a greater chance of getting infected with malware in order to avoid the malware foisted on us by legitimate companies.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: